Author Topic: Acapulco master thread  (Read 5687 times)

Offline Freecountry

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 21
    • View Profile
Re: Acapulco master thread
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2022, 03:04:01 PM »
Is there a way to bring kosher food to acapulco? anyone recently stay at the banyan tree cabo marques?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 03:19:36 PM by Freecountry »

Offline Zalc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Acapulco master thread
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2022, 07:52:34 AM »
Is there a way to bring kosher food to acapulco? anyone recently stay at the banyan tree cabo marques?

I never did get around to writing my TR… here’s a summary:

I went in 2020 for 3 days.
We flew from the east coast to Cancun for Shabbos, then spent 3 night in Acapulco before returning home. (We needed to fly via MEX).

For food, I brought a sous vide machine with new, and we bought all our food at a restaurant in playa before we left.
Upon landing, we used the hotel taxi service from the airport and asked him to stop at a store on the way so we can buy produce.
The hotel was happy to put a medium sized fridge in the room for us.
At the time, the chef at the hotel offered to make us kosher breakfast as he had just transferred over from the Banyan Tree in Cancun, so we bought a small frying pan. We never did end up making it to breakfast so I can’t report on that aspect.
The hotel was able to get kosher wine, which was great as we only had carry-ons.

We booked via the Citi hotels portal that gives 1 free upgrade. I had booked 1 night in an ocean view and the other 2 in a hillside, but they upgraded all 3 nights to oceanside (highest class) for us.
Not all the decks are private due to the layout, as some are set above others Where you can see to the ones downhill from you. They were able to put us in a private room (Villa 101, for reference).
I’ll upload a Hotel map with the rooms.

The staff went above and beyond to make our stay great, even though at the time they were charging well under $200 a night.

We didn’t visit Acapulco proper as crime was still pretty high then and we were happy to stay at the hotel. We did take a taxi to do the zip line over the bay though, that was a great experience and the end point is a few minutes walk from the hotel.

If you have any other questions, please post them here and I’ll try and answer.

Map showing room 101, sorry it does not have the others.

The Hotel from about a mile away, at the zip line end point.

Banyan tree lobby

The actual “Banyan tree” that they plant at each location.

Bay view

Deck view

Cabana view

Short video:
https://streamable.com/ja4o6b

Offline Freecountry

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2022, 10:29:17 AM »
I never did get around to writing my TR… here’s a summary:

I went in 2020 for 3 days.
We flew from the east coast to Cancun for Shabbos, then spent 3 night in Acapulco before returning home. (We needed to fly via MEX).

For food, I brought a sous vide machine with new, and we bought all our food at a restaurant in playa before we left.
Upon landing, we used the hotel taxi service from the airport and asked him to stop at a store on the way so we can buy produce.
The hotel was happy to put a medium sized fridge in the room for us.
At the time, the chef at the hotel offered to make us kosher breakfast as he had just transferred over from the Banyan Tree in Cancun, so we bought a small frying pan. We never did end up making it to breakfast so I can’t report on that aspect.
The hotel was able to get kosher wine, which was great as we only had carry-ons.

We booked via the Citi hotels portal that gives 1 free upgrade. I had booked 1 night in an ocean view and the other 2 in a hillside, but they upgraded all 3 nights to oceanside (highest class) for us.
Not all the decks are private due to the layout, as some are set above others Where you can see to the ones downhill from you. They were able to put us in a private room (Villa 101, for reference).
I’ll upload a Hotel map with the rooms.

The staff went above and beyond to make our stay great, even though at the time they were charging well under $200 a night.

We didn’t visit Acapulco proper as crime was still pretty high then and we were happy to stay at the hotel. We did take a taxi to do the zip line over the bay though, that was a great experience and the end point is a few minutes walk from the hotel.

If you have any other questions, please post them here and I’ll try and answer.

Map showing room 101, sorry it does not have the others.

The Hotel from about a mile away, at the zip line end point.

Banyan tree lobby

The actual “Banyan tree” that they plant at each location.

Bay view

Deck view

Cabana view

Short video:
https://streamable.com/ja4o6b
Thanks. Did you use points/miles to fly MEX?

Offline Zalc

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2022, 03:32:38 PM »
Thanks. Did you use points/miles to fly MEX?
I used cash to book last minute CUN-MEX-ACA on Aeromar propeller plane after Aeromexico cancelled all flights due to COVID.

I don’t recall what I used to get home but it was via MEX again I believe.

For us it was worth the hassle of getting there.

What are the hotels prices these days?

Offline Dawie

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2023, 09:57:08 AM »
Looks like not much left of Acapulco...
Here's a thread from a hotel guest
https://twitter.com/BruceDale1955/status/1718105535969657226