Author Topic: HOT!! 36 boxes of Kleenex for $12.06  (Read 38721 times)

Offline Tuna Baygel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: HOT!! 36 boxes of Kleenex for $12.06
« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2017, 09:09:32 PM »
Excerpt from my chat with Walmart (see what I wrote toward the end):
IME giving attitude and being tough usually gets me no where

When I'm nice and politely greet them they extend courtesy

Offline joe1234

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2017, 09:44:46 PM »
IME giving attitude and being tough usually gets me no where

When I'm nice and politely greet them they extend courtesy
That's why he wrote it in the end  ;)

Offline Mountain Man

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2017, 09:55:39 AM »
I honestly thought this deal was legit. What a waste of time:

Miguel F: Thanks for chatting with Walmart.com! I’m Miguel F and I’ll be assisting you today.
 Miguel F: Good Morning ! How are you doing today?
 Mountain Man: Well how are you.
 Mountain Man: Is it possible to get a replacement for xxxx-xxxx.
 Mountain Man: I was sent the incorrect order
 Miguel F: I am doing fine, thanks for asking.
 Miguel F: I am really sorry for this issue with your order. Let me check on this for you and we will check what happened.
 Mountain Man: Thanks
 Miguel F:
For security purposes, can you please provide your full billing address?

Miguel F: Thank you.
 Miguel F: I have reviewed your order and indeed there was an error from our end of the description of the item. The incorrect quantity was offered on the name that is 36. The fulfillment team receives a code of the item and sends the quantity registered that is 1. I apologize for all the inconveniences we may have caused you. In this case what I can offer you , will be a full refund for the order and a prepaid label so you can send back the items or a 10% discount on it .
 Mountain Man: Can I get an exchange for the item I ordered?
 Miguel F: I would love to but the replacement at this time is not available. And if we process it you will again receive 1.
 Mountain Man: You can send me a return label but I imagine you're going to pay far more in shipping than the three boxes of tissues are worth. It's only $1.00-$1.50 in product.
 Mountain Man: I was charged 36 times more than I received.
 Miguel F: Rest assured that our standard of services is much higher of what we have displayed on this occasion. Indeed there was an error. I will send a return agreement, I will need you to sign it. After that the refund will start processing and you will receive the prepaid label.
 Mountain Man: Do you want to double check with a supervisor if you want me to send back 3 small boxes of tissues and the time it's going to take out my day, the time it's going to take out of your processing center and the cost of shipping. We're talking about returning $1-$1.50. How cheap is your shipping?
 Miguel F: I will talk to him to check what we are able to do.
 Miguel F: I really appreciate your patience . Yes, we will ask you to please send them back . You have 30 days to send them back.
 Mountain Man: Ok will do
 You have disconnected.
Quote from: JTZ link=topic=10531.msg1695873
If you never had to eat crow then you lived one boring life.

Offline 12HRS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2017, 11:19:19 AM »
I wonder if Edder and Miguel are friends...

Edder M: Thanks for chatting with Walmart.com! I’m Edder M and I’ll be assisting you today.
 Edder M: Good Afternoon, 12HRS! How are you doing today? l hope you get a lovely and peaceful Sunday.
 12HRS: hi edder. im ok, a bit disappointed to see so few tissue boxes in my order
 Edder M: I'm apologize in this matter.
 Edder M: Can you provide me the order number please?
 12HRS:
 Edder M: Thank you, before to check the order, can you provide me your full billing address please?
 12HRS: 
 Edder M: Thank you for the information.
 Edder M: Please bear me a few minutes to check the order =.
 12HRS: ok
 Edder M: I was checking the order, let me inform you that the order was a price error, I'm gladly to offer you a full refund, But you will be need to return the item. If you have any other question I recommend you this link http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/140/kw/price%20error.
 12HRS: umm
 12HRS: im not spending any time returning 4 tiny boxes of tissues on a mistake that you guys made
 Edder M: Yes, I'm really sorry but if the item is not returned within 30 days, you will be recharge. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kleenex-Naturals-Facial-Tissue/16352072.
 12HRS: please ask a supervisor. this is horrible customer service. if you want me to spend time shipping them back you should pay me for my time.
 12HRS: besides 4 boxes cost what 3 dollars? whats shipping gonna cost you?
 Edder M: Let me a couple minutes to ask to my supervisor.
 12HRS: thank you
 Edder M: Ok, I know tat you are angry whit us, but when you created the account you was accepting the privacy policy from walmart. I'm gladly to offer you a full refund.
 12HRS: Can you please explain your last statement
 Edder M: Yes, when you created your account from walmart, you was agree whit our term & condition, that why you will be need to understand this matter Walmart.com cannot confirm the price of an item until you place your order.
In the event of a pricing error, Walmart.com may refuse or cancel any orders placed for that item in accordance with our Terms & Conditions.
 12HRS: thats all fine and good if you didnt send me the item. You sent me the item that did not include everything and now you want me to send it back or be charged? Howabout you send me the rest of the 144 tissue boxes you owe me
 Edder M: I'm really understand your point, but in this case the only process that I can offer you is a refund.
 12HRS: I don't believe that. Please transfer me to a supervisor.
 Edder M: I understand you are angry and I know we just send you some items and you expected more, however, to avoid the cancellation of your order the fulfillment center ship you the correct quantity for the amount you paid. We can not honor the quantity because of the price error policy. You can keep them but without a refund.
 12HRS: please transfer me to a supervisor
 12HRS: i never said I was angry
 12HRS: but maybe I should be
 Edder M: 12HRS, I completely understand you was expecting a different quantity but I'm working along with my supervisor and we can not give you the correct amount for this item. A refund can be processed but you are requested to send the items back to us.
 12HRS: If you give me $10 for my time I will send them back. Its one thing for me to spend the time shipping back $3 worth of stuff If I messed up, its completely another thing if you guys messed up. and please let your supervisor know that if you want me to keep shopping at walmart instead of taking my business to amazon where they would understand the economics of this
 Edder M: We understand that 12HRS, that is why the tracking we provide you is a prepaid one, you re not going to spend anything to return the items.
 12HRS: you don't understand the value of my time
 12HRS: and thats where you will lose my business over $4 worth of stuff
 Edder M: I understand that your time is valuable 12HRS, what I can do is to give you a $5 gift card but that's it. No more than that.
 12HRS: no thank you, I will dispute the charge instead its not worth my time dealing with you guys
 12HRS: it would be cheaper by the way to not give me the $5 gift card and just refund the order and not make me waste my time chasing down a fedex driver
 12HRS: so to get this straight you want to give me a $5 gift card and pay the return shipping costs and have me spend time returning 4 tissue boxes. I plan on forwarding this to your CEO to explain why walmart will not be successful, the economics don't make sense the customer service is wrong and the mistake was not mine.
 Edder M: I'm understand your point 12HRS, however, we need the item back to start the return and I know you would take it to the CEO, if you want I can send you a copy of this chat to have it in your records, just remember you accepted all our policies when you creates the account. If you are not willing to accept the option I offered you, let me know if you have an additional question I can help you with?
 Edder M:
I do not meant to rush you, but I have not heard from you in a few minutes. Are you still with me?

12HRS: I will not accept that, if a fedex or ups person comes to my door and I am home I will give him the package but I refuse to commit to being responsible to send back a price mistake so egregiously wrong on your end. I payed a cheap price for 144 tissues but not absolutely unreasonable, the price you want me to pay for 4 boxes is sky high astronomical. If this can not be resolved on your end then I will have to contact the people responsible for such backwards policies.
 Edder M: I understand your point and thank you so much for your feedback 12HRS. As there is nothing else I can do for you, it's been a pleasure assisting you. I am going to disconnect now. You may receive a brief email survey regarding your experience with me after you close this chat, and I would appreciate your feedback. Thank you for contacting Walmart.com and have a great night!
 Edder M has disconnected.

Offline Eliyohu

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2017, 11:55:10 AM »
I wonder if Edder and Miguel are friends...
Had a very similar conversation I called and got it resolved (refunded etc) within a couple minutes. I actually sent a email to corporate complaining about the CS we'll see if they respond...

Offline troyarcher

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 17, 2017, 12:26:27 PM »
Only cancelled one case at $18.55 from amazon
Bought 3 more cases from amazon at $12.06, was not worth hassling with Walmart for $10.25

Amazon is the winner here (Walmart i was rooting for you but you just let everyone down)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #146 on: July 17, 2017, 12:38:06 PM »
The mixed messages here are probably different call centers and are probably the fault of some supervisors who are taking some policies too literally or don't feel they have the authority to bend the rules. This can be simply growing pains of their online division, although service has never been known as one of Walmart's strong points.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Mountain Man

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 17, 2017, 01:15:59 PM »
The mixed messages here are probably different call centers and are probably the fault of some supervisors who are taking some policies too literally or don't feel they have the authority to bend the rules. This can be simply growing pains of their online division, although service has never been known as one of Walmart's strong points.
I don't care about keeping 3 small boxes of tissues. It's a pain to drop off the package. They should take a page from Amazon. There is a reason that Amazon lets you just keep items under say $10.
Quote from: JTZ link=topic=10531.msg1695873
If you never had to eat crow then you lived one boring life.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 17, 2017, 01:23:08 PM »
I don't care about keeping 3 small boxes of tissues. It's a pain to drop off the package. They should take a page from Amazon. There is a reason that Amazon lets you just keep items under say $10.
what if you ask them to arrange pickup

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 17, 2017, 03:21:43 PM »
what if you ask them to arrange pickup
They just called me from Fedex to pick up the tissues. I havent even opend my boxes yet. Just got in from Upstate. They are desperate to get these tissues back.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2017, 03:35:42 PM »
They just called me from Fedex to pick up the tissues. I havent even opend my boxes yet. Just got in from Upstate. They are desperate to get these tissues back.
I would not let that happen.
 I would speak to a supervisor and let the whole walmart know about this incident.
 To me it sounds out of wack, the store makes a mistake and then bothers you to be home to have the product returned, the least they can do is offer you the tissues for free besides a refund.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline stooges44

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 17, 2017, 03:37:12 PM »
Wow, just catching up here. I guess I'm glad I didn't bite on this one
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2017, 04:25:22 PM »
I would not let that happen.
 I would speak to a supervisor and let the whole walmart know about this incident.
 To me it sounds out of wack, the store makes a mistake and then bothers you to be home to have the product returned, the least they can do is offer you the tissues for free besides a refund.
I guess this depends on where you live, but I leave returns by my front door all the time.

Offline ari833

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 17, 2017, 04:34:16 PM »
Just chatted for a while (am multi tasking) and drove the gut nuts on the chat. I basically told him that the so called "error" doesn't make any sense and I don't understand why they would ship one box of tissues. He then said that he will send me a return label and once I agree to the return agreement they will issue me a refund contingent upon my return of the 4 boxes of tissues. I told him that it doesn't work that way and he needs to issue me a refund ASAP as they stole my money because I ordered 144 boxes of tissues and they only sent me 4. I asked to speak with a supervisor and he immediately told me that he's refunding me my money and I can keep the boxes.....

Offline Bord

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 17, 2017, 04:52:25 PM »
Called Walmart they said  to return the 3 box's of tissue, to get the refund.
I thought about that for a little, and decided that that made no sense.
So I called back and got a refund  immediately, and was told to keep the tissues.

Offline shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 17, 2017, 07:22:01 PM »
Spoke to Level 2 supervisor and best I could do was keep the box (regular rep made the same offer).

Man, Walmart price mistakes are duds.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 17, 2017, 07:58:00 PM »
SO after getting multiple calls from Fedex today to pick up the returns that I hadnt opened yet because I was in the country, i got totally fed up. I specifically told the Walmart rep yesterday that i was away for the weekend and that he should not schedule a pickup yet. I would schedule. What chutzpah.

Picked up the phone, called Walmart and got refunded for all 5 orders without returning anything. Confirmation emails received about 2 hours later. One last Fedex pickup call came about an hour ago. Told them to cancel all pickups.

Net take, 51 free boxes of tissues and 1 $10 GC. Not bad at all.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline ben89

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 17, 2017, 09:41:53 PM »
SO after getting multiple calls from Fedex today to pick up the returns that I hadnt opened yet because I was in the country, i got totally fed up. I specifically told the Walmart rep yesterday that i was away for the weekend and that he should not schedule a pickup yet. I would schedule. What chutzpah.

Picked up the phone, called Walmart and got refunded for all 5 orders without returning anything. Confirmation emails received about 2 hours later. One last Fedex pickup call came about an hour ago. Told them to cancel all pickups.

Net take, 51 free boxes of tissues and 1 $10 GC. Not bad at all.
time is 💰. How much time did you spend on getting all that?  ;)

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 17, 2017, 10:58:16 PM »
time is 💰. How much time did you spend on getting all that?  ;)
37.8 hours

Offline bingit

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 17, 2017, 11:37:39 PM »
I chatted with them this afternoon for a while & no luck....problem I have is that one of my family members opened the actual tissue boxes that I got....so I can't even return them!!!