Author Topic: Italy and Paris - 2017  (Read 4983 times)

Online Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Italy and Paris - 2017
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2017, 06:52:45 PM »
Thanks
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2017, 06:17:52 PM »
What did you order from Bellacarne?
Any pics of the food?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Ysturmwind

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2017, 11:56:12 PM »
What did you order from Bellacarne?
Any pics of the food?

I looked at the menu again to remind myself what we ate, however the online menu doesn't specify which is glatt and they appear to have a seasonal menu, so I may be a little mistaken. The glatt menu is certainly limiting, I would say around half the menu, maybe a little less, was glatt. Unfortunately, the majority of the dried meats, which is what I really wanted, were not glatt but we had some in our pasta dish the second night. That pasta was one of the best things we ate the entire trip.

The rice ragu was fantastic but we were not thrilled with the Jewish artichoke. We each ordered a beef Tagliata dish and they were excellent, nicely cooked with nicely complimentary sides. All of it was presented very nicely.

Meal 1:
-Bolognese Rice Ragu - Excellent
-Jewish-style Artichoke - eh, we both felt that this was over fried and mostly tasted like oil
-Primavera Beef Tagliata - great
-A different kind of Tagliata - great
-Creme Brulee - top notch

Meal 2:
-Roman Artichoke - much better than the Jewish style, less fried and had a really nice flavor
-Zucchini and dry meat - fantastic
-Kebabs - DW hated it. I think something was off with it because one bite tasted normal and the next tasted awful. We sent it back for a new dish and they took it off the bill.
-Asado Guacho Style - veal on the bone - excellent
-Wok Beef Tagliata - replaced the kebab with this and it was excellent

I only have pictures of a few dishes:

Zucchini with Dried Meat

Rice Ragu with both Tagliata dishes we had the first night

Creme Brulee

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Ysturmwind

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2017, 09:33:59 AM »
Glatt menu:
http://i.dansdeals.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/13154630/menu-GLATT-ENG-EBR-ESTIVO-FINALE.pdf

Thats for finding that. We had the regular restaurant menu, which listed the items that you could get as glatt next to it. It had some differences to the menu you found, for example I know the pasta we got had a dried meat in it and was listed as Glatt. I am certain that we got the zucchini one listed above.

The only changes to the above items was that the second tagliata on the first night was the Balsamic Tagliata. The menu we had at the restaurant showed all tagliatas as Glatt and we got all 3 beef varieties.

The kebabs we were ordered were the chicken and turkey mixed kebabs, again they were not good so we replaced them with the wok tagliata.