Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve - No AU Fee for Joint Account  (Read 2621 times)

Offline cancel

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Chase Sapphire Reserve - No AU Fee for Joint Account
« on: July 16, 2017, 05:56:51 PM »
I originally opened my Reserve when the bonus was 100k.  At that time, I had no use to add an authorized user, so I applied for the account myself as I always have. Not long ago, I called to add an AU to my account.  Once I got the card, I was surprised to realize several things.
1)The card number is exactly the same as mine down to the CVV, albeit a different name on the front. 
2)The AU cannot create their own login or go online without using your information
3) The AU doesn't separate billing on the Chase statements
4)The Priority Pass membership is automatically enrolled and mailed with 3-4 weeks.

I called in to ask about these items, as many credit card issuers give AU's their own card number, login and everything (Discover, Cap 1, AMEX, Citi).  They told me that everything was how I mentioned above, but one interesting tid-bit.  If I would have opened the Chase Sapphire Reserve as a joint account and not a single account, we both would have had our own login, our own card numbers, our own Priority Pass Memberships and since we would have equal ownership over the account, and nobody was simply an 'authorized user', there would have been no additional fee for the joint account's second card & card member.  This is what I was told by a CSR on the Sapphire Line.  I brought up that their terms and conditions state its '$75 for each additional card' and she stated that joint accounts share the burden equally, and are only assessed a single annual fee with no additional cost beyond the $450.  I had not heard this previously, so I thought I would throw it to the DD's Forums for a PSA. 

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve - No AU Fee for Joint Account
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 07:42:13 PM »
BS, Chase doesn't do joint credit cards for a looong time.

Offline Yhgfkj

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve - No AU Fee for Joint Account
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 07:56:06 PM »
BS Chase doesn't do joint credit cards for a looong time.
cancel

Offline JACKBLUE

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile

Offline rr1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile