DansDeals Forum > Tech Talk

ISO: SIM card for use in Canada (Quebec)

(1/12) > >>

ExGingi:
My daughter is going to camp in Canada, and I'm trying to find the most cost efficient way to provide her with a SIM card for her phone, so she can call the US while there.

So far I've found the following options (not all confirmed):

* AT&T Prepaid $45/month plan ($40 with autopay)
* T-Mobile - find someone with a multi-line plan who would be willing to add a line for a month, $25 for SIM+$20 for one month
* https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans - 30 days with no talk or text and 2gb of data (to use Whatsapp) for CAD 45, or province wide calling, global texting and 1gb of data for CAD 47
Any suggestion are welcome. Solution needed this week.

sillypainter:

--- Quote from: ExGingi on July 23, 2017, 06:23:51 PM ---My daughter is going to camp in Canada, and I'm trying to find the most cost efficient way to provide her with a SIM card for her phone, so she can call the US while there.

So far I've found the following options (not all confirmed):

* AT&T Prepaid $45/month plan ($40 with autopay)
* T-Mobile - find someone with a multi-line plan who would be willing to add a line for a month, $25 for SIM+$20 for one month
* https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans - 30 days with no talk or text and 2gb of data (to use Whatsapp) for CAD 45, or province wide calling, global texting and 1gb of data for CAD 47
Any suggestion are welcome. Solution needed this week.

--- End quote ---

I would do the AT&T plan because it roams on Rogers which is the king there. Tmobile does not work on Rogers, it works on Bell/Telus + it's the easiest to obtain and to get rid of.

ExGingi:

--- Quote from: sillypainter on July 23, 2017, 06:26:23 PM ---I would do the AT&T plan because it roams on Rogers which is the king there. Tmobile does not work on Rogers, it works on Bell/Telus + it's the easiest to obtain and to get rid of.

--- End quote ---
Is that coverage information (Rogers/Bell/Telus) true also for the Laurentians (the mountains outside Montreal)?

thaber:
If you have Verizon domestically, depending on the plan, Canada may be included

mordechain:
Where is the camp? If it's near Montreal you might be able to buy a chatr ( Rogers mvno)  prepaid sim card. Unlimited us + 6gb is $50 Canadian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version