Topic Wiki

To signup for credit cards you can click here or on the “other credit cards” tab on top of the DansDeals logo banner to view links for card offers. Then just click on the link to “View all card offers by issuing bank” and scroll down to view all card offers from the bank of your choice.

(Consumer) Direct link to 25k miles plus $100 after $1,000 spend:

https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/initialize-workflow.go?requesttype=ICAO&campaignid=2121825

25K Business:

https://business.bankofamerica.com/USBCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=UABPHP&pid=dasb&mktg_track=EOLB&track=000000ECOMM

Recon # 888-503-6091

Business Recon# 800-601-3923

Check status here: https://www.bankofamerica.com/application-status/credit-cards/app-status-form.go?request_locale=en_US

Alaska Air partners: http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/partners/partner-overview.aspx?lid=nav:mileagePlan-airlines

Award Chart http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/award-chart/award-chart-domestic-canada.aspx?lid:earn-use-redirect

READ THIS THREAD TO MAKE SURE IT'S FOR YOU! http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=52946.0
« Last edited by Wiki on October 22, 2015, 08:05:26 PM »

Author Topic: BOFA Alaska Airlines Visa Master Thread  (Read 570347 times)

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Alaska Airlines BOFA Card
« Reply #1960 on: November 18, 2014, 09:11:18 PM »
i would freeze my EX before applying for Bofa because i rather thy pull TU or EQ though you will have to call for each app and ask them to pull a different CR
Thanks. I was told that in NY they only pull from TU.

Go all of one and then go all of the other :)
Ha thanks. Before I posted this, I went for just 1 personal and got pending but when I called, they told me it was approved! Then I took your advice and went for 2 more personal in 2 other browsers. Both got pending. When I called, I gave over my social and he just picked one of them to review. Told me it's approved but fraud needs to verify some details. They're closed today, he said just call back tomorrow and it'll still be approved. T

hen I didn't know how to properly ask about the other apps since they're all just under my social, so I said can you see other apps I put in? He said yes, there are two other apps - 1 is pending and 1 was rejected as a duplicate. So first of all the one he just told me was approved was probably the same one that the first rep told me was approved - which means it wasn't really completely approved if fraud still wants me to call them to verify stuff. He "reviewed" the second app (in literally 1 minute) and told me it's rejected because they've extended me enough credit already. He then reactivated the 3rd app and reviewed it (a little longer this time) and told me the same rejection story. After shmoozing he agreed to give me $2500 which would only get me 5000 points. I said no thanks, and that was that.

The dept is closed now (yeah I know, I should have done this earlier, but I wanted the pulls to go in on the same day as other cards in my AOR) so I can't HUCA. But I will try again tomorrow and make sure they don't pull my credit again.

I thought this was supposed to be easy...  :-\

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: November 18, 2014, 09:14:59 PM »
HUCA, HUCA.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: November 18, 2014, 09:17:00 PM »
HUCA, HUCA.
Okay. I didn't get through most of the thread. It just seemed like this recon dept was "so nice and easy". I'll work on it tomorrow iy"h and hopefully they don't pull anymore. Thanks for the tips!

Offline efflpetzel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: November 18, 2014, 09:17:18 PM »
Ha thanks. Before I posted this, I went for just 1 personal and got pending but when I called, they told me it was approved! Then I took your advice and went for 2 more personal in 2 other browsers. Both got pending. When I called, I gave over my social and he just picked one of them to review. Told me it's approved but fraud needs to verify some details. They're closed today, he said just call back tomorrow and it'll still be approved. T

hen I didn't know how to properly ask about the other apps since they're all just under my social, so I said can you see other apps I put in? He said yes, there are two other apps - 1 is pending and 1 was rejected as a duplicate. So first of all the one he just told me was approved was probably the same one that the first rep told me was approved - which means it wasn't really completely approved if fraud still wants me to call them to verify stuff. He "reviewed" the second app (in literally 1 minute) and told me it's rejected because they've extended me enough credit already. He then reactivated the 3rd app and reviewed it (a little longer this time) and told me the same rejection story. After shmoozing he agreed to give me $2500 which would only get me 5000 points. I said no thanks, and that was that.

The dept is closed now (yeah I know, I should have done this earlier, but I wanted the pulls to go in on the same day as other cards in my AOR) so I can't HUCA. But I will try again tomorrow and make sure they don't pull my credit again.

I thought this was supposed to be easy...  :-\
hey you should know not to give up so fast in this game :), tomorrows HUCA, you'll hear an entirely different story b'h

Offline sky121

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: November 18, 2014, 09:18:25 PM »
Make sure you're calling the right number so. Some lines lead you to people that can't help at all. How much credit did you get on the approved one?
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: November 18, 2014, 09:19:08 PM »
hey you should know not to give up so fast in this game :), tomorrows HUCA, you'll hear an entirely different story b'h
Of course, of course. I just thought it was like not even a 1 time HUCA thing. Ok, I'm ready to be surprised by this bank! They gave me $5K on my first card, which also had me nervous because I'm asking for at least $5K on 3 cards. But we shall see...

Offline Novo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase A/A, Amex F/R, Citi A/A. Hertz DNR.
« Reply #1966 on: November 19, 2014, 12:40:49 AM »
You were told something that isn't true.
I try my best :-\
Quote from: Centro
If you wanna go fast, go alone
If you wanna go far, go together

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: November 19, 2014, 07:17:02 AM »
You were told something that isn't true.
Well, in a few days, I'll try to check all my CRs and see where the pulls came from. And then we'll see, maybe it's YMMV. :)

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: November 19, 2014, 09:10:14 AM »
Yay! You guys were right. (As I was hoping you would be.)

Called back this morning, and first of all, the first app that needed "fraud review" no longer needed it. They said they just needed to verify the address and that someone must have done it overnight or in the morning and that it was completed, fully approved - so that's good! Then she pulled up my 2 declined apps and reviewed one after asking why I needed two of the same card. I said to separate my expenses and she said "oh, okay that's fine" (I didn't even explain more than that like HSA, etc.), reviewed the app and approved me (for the signature version)! I wasn't about to ask her to review the 3rd card, but I got the reference number for that 3rd app so I could call back and discuss that specific app without them viewing my 2 others from yesterday.

I just called 3 times and the same rep picked up, so I hung up as soon as she said her name. Guess I'll wait a little more into the day. So far, so good!

Offline Marco Polo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: November 19, 2014, 09:11:05 AM »

Called back this morning, and first of all, the first app that needed "fraud review" no longer needed it. They said they just needed to verify the address and that someone must have done it overnight or in the morning and that it was completed, fully approved - so that's good! Then she pulled up my 2 declined apps and reviewed one after asking why I needed two of the same card. I said to separate my expenses and she said "oh, okay that's fine" (I didn't even explain more than that like HSA, etc.), reviewed the app and approved me (for the signature version)! I wasn't about to ask her to review the 3rd card, but I got the reference number for that 3rd app so I could call back and discuss that specific app without them viewing my 2 others from yesterday.

I just called 3 times and the same rep picked up, so I hung up as soon as she said her name. Guess I'll wait a little more into the day. So far, so good!
A little easier than Chase Recon :)
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline sky121

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: November 19, 2014, 09:12:02 AM »

Nothing wrong with needing 3 cards. Didn't have to hang up. Not with BofA. Not IME. Either way.
Good luck :)
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: November 19, 2014, 09:16:54 AM »
A little easier than Chase Recon :)
ABSOLUTELY :)
(Just not last night.)

Nothing wrong with needing 3 cards. Didn't have to hang up. Not with BofA. Not IME. Either way.
Good luck :)
Yeah, well I didn't want it to get awkward or anything, so I let it go. Thanks!

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: November 19, 2014, 12:16:52 PM »
Got 2 more calls in to new reps and both reconned and said they don't see the ability to give me more credit. Offered to move one down to Plat level and approve the 3rd as Plat, but not to give me another 5K of CL.

Offline Novo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase A/A, Amex F/R, Citi A/A. Hertz DNR.
« Reply #1973 on: November 19, 2014, 12:20:16 PM »
Got 2 more calls in to new reps and both reconned and said they don't see the ability to give me more credit. Offered to move one down to Plat level and approve the 3rd as Plat, but not to give me another 5K of CL.
I've never tried it, maybe wait 7-10 days for the miles from the first card to post to your MP account and then call recon again and offer to close the first card?
I try my best :-\
Quote from: Centro
If you wanna go fast, go alone
If you wanna go far, go together

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: November 19, 2014, 12:22:10 PM »
I've never tried it, maybe wait 7-10 days for the miles from the first card to post to your MP account and then call recon again and offer to close the first card?
Yeah, I might need to do that. Just got to make sure they don't pull the CR again on that day.

Offline frozy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: November 19, 2014, 01:10:24 PM »
Second only has a limit of 2k. That mean I won't get the bonus?

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: November 19, 2014, 01:11:28 PM »
Second only has a limit of 2k. That mean I won't get the bonus?
Yep.

Offline frozy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: November 19, 2014, 01:50:14 PM »
Anything to do?   Can recon make it a Signature?

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: November 19, 2014, 02:02:32 PM »
Anything to do?   Can recon make it a Signature?
If it was just approved, I would keep calling to try and get them to bring it up to $5K.

Offline yoss6400

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage,sapfire,freedom,marriott, hertz, avis, united
« Reply #1979 on: November 20, 2014, 02:37:19 PM »
my wife got approved for 1k so sure means no bonus?
"Credit Cards delaying arguments for 30 Days"