Topic Wiki

To signup for credit cards you can click here or on the “other credit cards” tab on top of the DansDeals logo banner to view links for card offers. Then just click on the link to “View all card offers by issuing bank” and scroll down to view all card offers from the bank of your choice.

(Consumer) Direct link to 25k miles plus $100 after $1,000 spend:

https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/initialize-workflow.go?requesttype=ICAO&campaignid=2121825

25K Business:

https://business.bankofamerica.com/USBCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=UABPHP&pid=dasb&mktg_track=EOLB&track=000000ECOMM

Recon # 888-503-6091

Business Recon# 800-601-3923

Check status here: https://www.bankofamerica.com/application-status/credit-cards/app-status-form.go?request_locale=en_US

Alaska Air partners: http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/partners/partner-overview.aspx?lid=nav:mileagePlan-airlines

Award Chart http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/award-chart/award-chart-domestic-canada.aspx?lid:earn-use-redirect

READ THIS THREAD TO MAKE SURE IT'S FOR YOU! http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=52946.0
« Last edited by Wiki on October 22, 2015, 08:05:26 PM »

Author Topic: BOFA Alaska Airlines Visa Master Thread  (Read 570373 times)

Offline maxie m

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Alaska Airlines BOFA Card
« Reply #3440 on: May 21, 2015, 01:13:06 AM »
Did you get the statement credits yet?

-> Maybe keep oldest on open (possibly as a TRC) and close the others...
no credits as I didn't get that offer (before the link came out) thanks I'll keep one open
Dumb people learn from their own mistakes,smart people,from the mistakes of others

Offline Buruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: May 21, 2015, 02:32:35 AM »
@D93 - You still don't believe me?

Offline clockhand

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: May 21, 2015, 12:59:25 PM »
Seems like getting more than 2 is dead now? 

I am planning to do my next app-o-rama early next week.... any recent data points will be helpful. 

Offline JamesIV

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: May 21, 2015, 04:35:41 PM »
Spanish line shut down :(

Offline talkitup90

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: May 21, 2015, 04:44:30 PM »

Interesting. I applied and got approved for 3 cards. All three had at least a $5k CL. However, I noticed that one card showed up online as a Platinum Plus, not Visa Signature even though it had a $5k line. I called asking to have it switched to Visa Signature. She put the request through, but told me I wouldn't get the 25k miles, just 5k... Then she told me she could close the account and remove my HP... So I went ahead and told her to close the account. Do you think I actually would've gotten the 25k miles on the Platinum Plus card with a $5k CL? With the conversion to Signature or without?

I'm not sure what to do right now. Maybe I can have them reopen the third card. I was hoping they really would remove my credit inquiry and then I could just apply for a few more once my recent apps no longer showed up in the CSR's system? In a month maybe?

Any thoughts/ tips on this? Could I maybe just get them to reopen the cancelled Platinum Plus card they had given me with a $5k limit and get the 25k miles? I still haven't received the other two signature cards I was approved for. I'm afraid of not being able to get anymore even if they remove the credit inquiry like they promised. 

Offline maxie m

• View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: May 21, 2015, 11:15:43 PM »
They refuse to change my account type, dropr?
Dumb people learn from their own mistakes,smart people,from the mistakes of others

Offline maxie m

• View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: May 21, 2015, 11:19:39 PM »
miles just posted and was wondering what to do...
Are the business cards a completely different avenue in terms of credit lines and how they affect our chances of getting approved
bump

Offline DaveInLA

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: May 24, 2015, 02:20:46 PM »
I applied for 4 cards and was approved automatically for 1. I got the other 3 approved after calling in. Since then, I've received multiple letters in the mail, initially with 3 of them indicating that my file is under review, followed by 4 total approval letters. A few days ago, I received only 3 emails from BofA titled "your new card is on its way"; each with unique last 4 account digits. All 3 were from the exact same time.

Sure enough, in my mailbox this weekend were only 3 of the 4 cards. I haven't had the opportunity to login online, but when I checked the status of the applications via the BofA link, all 4 show approval. I don't know why only 3 were mailed when al 4 were approved within minutes of each other. Should I just wait or call?

Offline yitrap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: May 25, 2015, 03:42:36 PM »

I applied for 4 cards and was approved automatically for 1. I got the other 3 approved after calling in. Since then, I've received multiple letters in the mail, initially with 3 of them indicating that my file is under review, followed by 4 total approval letters. A few days ago, I received only 3 emails from BofA titled "your new card is on its way"; each with unique last 4 account digits. All 3 were from the exact same time.

Sure enough, in my mailbox this weekend were only 3 of the 4 cards. I haven't had the opportunity to login online, but when I checked the status of the applications via the BofA link, all 4 show approval. I don't know why only 3 were mailed when al 4 were approved within minutes of each other. Should I just wait or call?

Offline DaveInLA

• View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: May 25, 2015, 08:06:50 PM »

I'll log in tonight. Working now. I still haven't received any miles even though I have received 3 cards already.

Offline DaveInLA

• View Profile
« Reply #3450 on: May 26, 2015, 02:36:13 PM »
Turns out my BofA cards all came with a new AS account number even though I entered in my correct AS number on the apps. The good thing is that all 4 cards came with the same AS number so my new account has 100k miles. My old account actually has 0 miles. Is it worth calling ether BofA or Alaska to combine the accounts or change the account associated with hour card? Or just leave it as is with he new account? I currently have a pending itinerary for EK on my old account for March 2016.

Offline jameswacht

• View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: May 26, 2015, 04:09:26 PM »
I froze my experian and applied for the Alaska Airlines card. initially first app was denied. A rep called me a few days later offering to pull from another beuro. I told him to pull from equifax and I was approved I applied for another 3 cards and got approved for all :D

Offline Hellokitty64

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: May 26, 2015, 04:53:53 PM »
I froze my experian and applied for the Alaska Airlines card. initially first app was denied. A rep called me a few days later offering to pull from another beuro. I told him to pull from equifax and I was approved I applied for another 3 cards and got approved for all :D
You inspired me to try this and they tried experian and when called recon when it showed up as denied in the application status page they asked me if I had any unlocked CBs, so I pointed them to exuifax and they approved the application

Offline booyaa

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: May 26, 2015, 05:40:12 PM »

So when you applied for another 3 cards they all automatically pulled equifax? or you had to call in and direct them to equifax for each app?

Offline rileywiles23

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: May 26, 2015, 05:49:37 PM »

does Experian charge money to unfreeze your account ?
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline raphy781

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: May 26, 2015, 07:19:20 PM »
does Experian charge money to unfreeze your account ?
Depends on your state. For NYers it's ~$5.

Offline jameswacht

• View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: May 26, 2015, 07:55:12 PM »
So when you applied for another 3 cards they all automatically pulled equifax? or you had to call in and direct them to equifax for each app?
  all the other apps came up as duplicates. I had to call in  for them to approve them

Offline jameswacht

• View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: May 26, 2015, 07:56:45 PM »
You inspired me to try this and they tried experian and when called recon when it showed up as denied in the application status page they asked me if I had any unlocked CBs, so I pointed them to exuifax and they approved the application
good to hear good news!

Offline booyaa

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: May 26, 2015, 09:25:24 PM »
  all the other apps came up as duplicates. I had to call in  for them to approve them

And when you called in, they just used the equifax report previously pulled?

Offline Hellokitty64

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: May 26, 2015, 09:26:25 PM »
And when you called in, they just used the equifax report previously pulled?
Yes, they didn't even ask which CB to pull with each subsequent call