Topic Wiki

To signup for credit cards you can click here or on the “other credit cards” tab on top of the DansDeals logo banner to view links for card offers. Then just click on the link to “View all card offers by issuing bank” and scroll down to view all card offers from the bank of your choice.

(Consumer) Direct link to 25k miles plus $100 after $1,000 spend:

https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/initialize-workflow.go?requesttype=ICAO&campaignid=2121825

25K Business:

https://business.bankofamerica.com/USBCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=UABPHP&pid=dasb&mktg_track=EOLB&track=000000ECOMM

Recon # 888-503-6091

Business Recon# 800-601-3923

Check status here: https://www.bankofamerica.com/application-status/credit-cards/app-status-form.go?request_locale=en_US

Alaska Air partners: http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/partners/partner-overview.aspx?lid=nav:mileagePlan-airlines

Award Chart http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/award-chart/award-chart-domestic-canada.aspx?lid:earn-use-redirect

READ THIS THREAD TO MAKE SURE IT'S FOR YOU! http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=52946.0
« Last edited by Wiki on October 22, 2015, 08:05:26 PM »

Author Topic: BOFA Alaska Airlines Visa Master Thread  (Read 570909 times)

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
Re: Alaska Airlines BOFA Card
« Reply #3860 on: September 02, 2015, 12:49:33 PM »
Great that you got your miles back!
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: September 02, 2015, 01:24:34 PM »
I won't say much. All I 'd say is if your account is shut down  and miles stolen by Alaska and you didn't sell miles or booked awards for others who you are not part of. Ignore and bypass YVETTE, jenny OR WHOEVER THEY ARE THAT SHUT DOWN YOUR ACCOUNT. they are supervisors but who cares since you did nothing wrong in first place.
                                FLIGHT BACK AND WIN!

I WON all my miles back after shut down 18 days ago and miles stolen and flight canceled.

Please don't ask me how & it is  simple and easy you just need to  demand them to prove you where is the so called violation, if not existed,  open your account or prepare to see you in court very soon.

Dear****
At Alaska Airlines, we take a great amount of pride in our award-winning frequent flyer program and greatly value our loyal Mileage Plan members. We have implemented certain guidelines and procedures to ensure the service each customer receives is consistent and fair. It was brought to our attention recently************************ This caused concern that there may be some type of fraud being performed, and we launched an internal review of your account. ***************************  to your Mileage Plan account. Therefore, we have deposited ********* miles back into your account as of ****. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.
*****, we value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you aboard another Alaska Airlines flight soon.

Sincerely,

I told them i need assurance and confirmation that this won't happen again and my flights won't be canceled.
Thank you very much. This info is very helpful.

Offline jameswacht

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: September 02, 2015, 06:42:35 PM »
If I paid the AF on the Alaska card and close it a few months later not getting the AF back. Will that trigger a shutdown?

Offline Aaaron

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: September 02, 2015, 07:27:18 PM »
If I paid the AF on the Alaska card and close it a few months later not getting the AF back. Will that trigger a shutdown?

I don't think so.  Peace123 will be here in a moment to tell you that it is.

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: September 02, 2015, 08:52:26 PM »

Paying AF, not paying AF, closing, not closing, downgrades, Alaska  doesn't care much about these. Ofcourse AS will trick you to believe you did something wrong by saying you didn't pay Fee, you paid fee but you closed it 3 yrs later, blah blah.  if there is one that should be unhappy, it should be the card issuer BOA not AS. AS will not like you and may shut you down if use those miles you saved for award flights or expensive flights coach or biz. If you want to be safe, just DON'T USE the miles for flights. I think you are safe if you redeem AS miles for magazines because  they don't cost them much?

If shut down, what you need to know is AS has no biz shutting you down and therefore you fight back.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 09:00:23 PM by peace123 »

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: September 02, 2015, 09:39:32 PM »
I don't think so. Wy would you shut it down if not expecting the AF back. What do you gain?
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #3866 on: September 02, 2015, 09:44:20 PM »
I don't think so. Wy would you shut it down if not expecting the AF back. What do you gain?
To avoid next year's AF

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: September 02, 2015, 09:49:18 PM »
To avoid next year's AF
But why only a few months after opening. May as well keep it the year and try for retention.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline jameswacht

• View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: September 02, 2015, 09:51:58 PM »
But why only a few months after opening. May as well keep it the year and try for retention.
I applied for Virgin Atlantic 90k and the only way they would approve me was by me shutting down my Alaska account and using that cl for the VA

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: September 02, 2015, 09:54:20 PM »
I applied for Virgin Atlantic 90k and the only way they would approve me was by me shutting down my Alaska account and using that cl for the VA
Got it. I can't imagine having issues with AS, and if they mention it, you can bring up how they told you to close it.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline jameswacht

• View Profile
« Reply #3870 on: September 02, 2015, 09:56:41 PM »
Got it. I can't imagine having issues with AS, and if they mention it, you can bring up how they told you to close it.
Good idea.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: September 02, 2015, 11:31:32 PM »
What BOFA tells you is irrelevant to them. They may not be the complete jerks that peace 123 makes them out to be, but they ain't the most reasonable people out there!

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: September 03, 2015, 03:01:35 PM »
Not only I made it easier for all of you to breathe not worrying about  shut down, I even made sure those doing the shut downs at Alaska don't do it again. you know those reps starting with letters Y & J.  These 2 are the customer care managers doing the shut downs and they are brutal. I can't tell you how I did this & AS never wanted to reopen or give my miles back. I can tell you BOA had nothing to do with what AS is doing when it comes to the shut downs.

So I had AS not only reopen my account but deposit all my miles back . I told them this ain't enough and that I need assurance this won't happen again,  no more award cancelations or shut downs and that AS talk to those reps Y & J that they know what they are doing.

They  said this, assurance or sort of

Dear ******

Thank you for your reply.
I certainly understand your concerns, and I can assure you that our Customer Care Manager is working closely with the bank to ensure that this type of situation does not occur again in the future. 

*****, thank you very much for writing. We look forward to welcoming you aboard an Alaska Airlines flight in the near future.

Sincerely,

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 03:10:38 PM by peace123 »

Offline Jm1248

• View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: September 03, 2015, 03:59:54 PM »
I just read through the last 25 pages of this thread and cannot figure out whether or not I should apply for this now. Will I have any problems booking flights if I pay the af? Also, how many cards can I safely apply for at once? Can anyone confirm whether or not they allow more than 2 cards within 90 days?

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: September 03, 2015, 04:13:30 PM »
Not only I made it easier for all of you to breathe not worrying about  shut down, I even made sure those doing the shut downs at Alaska don't do it again. you know those reps starting with letters Y & J.  These 2 are the customer care managers doing the shut downs and they are brutal. I can't tell you how I did this & AS never wanted to reopen or give my miles back. I can tell you BOA had nothing to do with what AS is doing when it comes to the shut downs.

So I had AS not only reopen my account but deposit all my miles back . I told them this ain't enough and that I need assurance this won't happen again,  no more award cancelations or shut downs and that AS talk to those reps Y & J that they know what they are doing.

They  said this, assurance or sort of

Dear ******

Thank you for your reply.
I certainly understand your concerns, and I can assure you that our Customer Care Manager is working closely with the bank to ensure that this type of situation does not occur again in the future. 

*****, thank you very much for writing. We look forward to welcoming you aboard an Alaska Airlines flight in the near future.

Sincerely,

Now that's a helpful post. Thank you.

Offline Aaaron

• View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: September 03, 2015, 04:20:02 PM »
I just read through the last 25 pages of this thread and cannot figure out whether or not I should apply for this now. Will I have any problems booking flights if I pay the af? Also, how many cards can I safely apply for at once? Can anyone confirm whether or not they allow more than 2 cards within 90 days?

Go for it.  Although I haven't seen any reports of people getting more than 1 personal card at a time recently.

Offline Jm1248

• View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: September 03, 2015, 04:27:24 PM »
Go for it.  Although I haven't seen any reports of people getting more than 1 personal card at a time recently.
But biz and personal would be 2 pulls...

Offline Aaaron

• View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: September 03, 2015, 04:28:59 PM »
But biz and personal would be 2 pulls...

Cost of doing business.  Or try multiple personal and report back.

Offline Mendylab

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: September 09, 2015, 09:53:27 PM »
Just opened a bofa biz Alaska Airlines cc today.

1) If i open a personal now (same day) will it be the same pull?

2) what precautions should i take when applying for the second one that Alaska Airlines wont shut me down?
I remember reading to put a diff address/email/tel is that true?

Offline maxie m

• View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: September 09, 2015, 10:04:40 PM »
Just opened a bofa biz Alaska Airlines cc today.

1) If i open a personal now (same day) will it be the same pull?
are you serious ???
Dumb people learn from their own mistakes,smart people,from the mistakes of others