Topic Wiki

To signup for credit cards you can click here or on the “other credit cards” tab on top of the DansDeals logo banner to view links for card offers. Then just click on the link to “View all card offers by issuing bank” and scroll down to view all card offers from the bank of your choice.

(Consumer) Direct link to 25k miles plus $100 after $1,000 spend:

https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/initialize-workflow.go?requesttype=ICAO&campaignid=2121825

25K Business:

https://business.bankofamerica.com/USBCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=UABPHP&pid=dasb&mktg_track=EOLB&track=000000ECOMM

Recon # 888-503-6091

Business Recon# 800-601-3923

Check status here: https://www.bankofamerica.com/application-status/credit-cards/app-status-form.go?request_locale=en_US

Alaska Air partners: http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/partners/partner-overview.aspx?lid=nav:mileagePlan-airlines

Award Chart http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/award-chart/award-chart-domestic-canada.aspx?lid:earn-use-redirect

READ THIS THREAD TO MAKE SURE IT'S FOR YOU! http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=52946.0
« Last edited by Wiki on October 22, 2015, 08:05:26 PM »

Author Topic: BOFA Alaska Airlines Visa Master Thread  (Read 559014 times)

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Alaska Airlines BOFA Card
« Reply #2720 on: March 19, 2015, 03:54:20 PM »
How long does it take for the $100 to post after soending 1k?
Mine took more than one statement.

Offline esw30

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: March 19, 2015, 11:44:56 PM »
well you need to have 5K credit limit to get the bonus, did you get that on all your cards cards?

Yes, received 5k+ on each of the four.  She said it as a general comment (something like "you can only get the benefits for a maximum of two cards, that's Alaska Airlines' policy"), not about my cards specifically.

Offline DMYD

• View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: March 19, 2015, 11:57:52 PM »
Yes, received 5k+ on each of the four.  She said it as a general comment (something like "you can only get the benefits for a maximum of two cards, that's Alaska Airlines' policy"), not about my cards specifically.
She made that up, you can call and ask.

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: March 20, 2015, 12:07:22 AM »
BUMP
My experience:
Have 2 of the same cards, got the $100 on one the day after the statement closed and on the second one it's been over 3 weeks and statement has already closed and still nothing.

Mind you, each card got an individual letter informing about this offer, though the particular card number (last 4 digits) isn't printed on the actual letter..
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: March 20, 2015, 12:23:34 AM »
My experience:
Have 2 of the same cards, got the $100 on one the day after the statement closed and on the second one it's been over 3 weeks and statement has already closed and still nothing.

Mind you, each card got an individual letter informing about this offer, though the particular card number (last 4 digits) isn't printed on the actual letter..
That's funny, the same exact thing happened to me.... I had to call several times to find out what was going on with the second credit (first one posted on its own).... they ended up opening a case for the bonus, and they contacted Alaskan, who said I wasn't eligible because I didn't fly with them!

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: March 20, 2015, 12:25:41 AM »
That's funny, the same exact thing happened to me.... I had to call several times to find out what was going on with the credit.... they ended up opening a case for the bonus, and they contacted Alaskan, who said I wasn't eligible because I didn't fly with them!
I'm talking about the $100, Alaska isn't involved.
Anyway, your case just goes to show how clueless BofA reps are. Probably the only place you can say they are Indians with a US accent...

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: March 20, 2015, 12:30:42 AM »
I'm talking about the $100, Alaska isn't involved.
Anyway, your case just goes to show how clueless BofA reps are. Probably the only place you can say they are Indians with a US accent...
I too am talking about the $100 credit. I also assumed as you did, that Alaskan wasn't involved... However I escalated the case to two senior managers and the both confirmed that Alaskan is the one giving this credit. They said the card offer is  exclusively for people that  have booked tickets on their website. If you read the terms of the posted offer they are actually correct.

Offline username

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #2727 on: March 20, 2015, 12:32:32 AM »
I too am talking about the $100 credit. I also assumed as you did, that Alaskan wasn't involved... However I escalated the case to two senior managers and the both confirmed that Alaskan is the one giving this credit. They said the card offer is  exclusively for people that  have booked tickets on their website. If you read the terms of the posted offer they are actually correct.
Link please.  Im on a phone.
^^^

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: March 20, 2015, 12:36:35 AM »
"The $100 statement credit offer is not tied to the Alaska Airlines reservation that you just completed"
That's a quote from the offer, clearly indicating that the offer was intended for  people booking their tickets.

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: March 20, 2015, 12:37:22 AM »
+1, where does it say that the $100 is for spending $1000 at Alaska?
Didn't see it on the online offer as well as on the paper letter...

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: March 20, 2015, 12:38:32 AM »
"The $100 statement credit offer is not tied to the Alaska Airlines reservation that you just completed"
That's a quote from the offer
More than a quote from the offer that sounds like a response from someone to you regarding your inquiry as to where the credit is.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: March 20, 2015, 12:48:02 AM »
More than a quote from the offer that sounds like a response from someone to you regarding your inquiry as to where the credit is.
I gotta go but just to be clear:

1) Nowhere did I say it needs to be SPENT on Alaskan, rather they are providing the actual $100 credit to cardholders.

2) Why would I make a quote up? Or worse yet why would I try to pass a response off as an offer quote if its not? If you click on the link in the wiki the offer has those words I quoted in the top few lines.

3) All I was trying to point out was that this particular offer ($100) was exclusively meant for people that made reservations at Alaskan. That's what the senior reps said, and it indeed seems to be the case based on the line I quoted from the offer.

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: March 20, 2015, 01:05:46 AM »
Sorry, it just seemed so from the language.
Anyway, I just looked and saw.
It seems to be a landing page for people who booked an Alaska reservation. And that is the same page that the rest of the world uses to access this cc application.
However, it doesn't state clearly in any place that you must make a Alaska reservation in order to get the statement credit offer.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: March 20, 2015, 01:18:40 AM »
ok fair point. I know its usually DROPR, but since the language to me sounded like that I assumed they were right....

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: March 20, 2015, 01:52:38 AM »
DROBOFAPR. FTFY

Offline username

• View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: March 20, 2015, 11:00:44 AM »
That's funny, the same exact thing happened to me.... I had to call several times to find out what was going on with the second credit (first one posted on its own).... they ended up opening a case for the bonus, and they contacted Alaskan, who said I wasn't eligible because I didn't fly with them!

From the fact that the first credit came through, seems like the reason is that the terms state  (emphasis mine):
Get a $100 statement credit after making at least $1,000 in purchases within 90 days of your new credit card account open date. The $100 statement credit offer is not tied to the Alaska Airlines reservation that you just completed and will be applied 8-12 weeks after you make the qualifying purchases with your new card. This one-time promotion is limited to new customers opening an account in response to this offer.

Have people gotten multiple $100 credits without asking for it?
^^^

Offline karen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: March 20, 2015, 11:03:26 AM »
My experience:

Thanks for sharing your experience. I got conclusion, I don't want the trouble. I will keep one card, spending $1000 on it for $100 statement credit and pay the AF, downgrade the rest of 2 right after I activate them.  :)

Offline esw30

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: March 20, 2015, 11:56:30 AM »
Thanks for sharing your experience. I got conclusion, I don't want the trouble. I will keep one card, spending $1000 on it for $100 statement credit and pay the AF, downgrade the rest of 2 right after I activate them.  :)

I have received the $100 credit twice in the past, but not for simultaneous applications.  If anyone has received the $100 credit more than once recently doing an MBM, please post.  Otherwise I'm going to do the same and downgrade all except one.

Offline username

• View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: March 20, 2015, 11:59:10 AM »
I have received the $100 credit twice in the past, but not for simultaneous applications.  If anyone has received the $100 credit more than once recently doing an MBM, please post.  Otherwise I'm going to do the same and downgrade all except one.
How will you know which card to use for the 1k spending?
Do you think that the bonus is tied to one card specifically (the first app), or do you think that they will just give it one time, on any card?
^^^

Offline rileywiles23

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: March 20, 2015, 12:51:02 PM »

How will you know which card to use for the 1k spending?
Do you think that the bonus is tied to one card specifically (the first app), or do you think that they will just give it one time, on any card?
I called them and they were able to tell me which card had it
Life is as good as you make it...