Topic Wiki

To signup for credit cards you can click here or on the “other credit cards” tab on top of the DansDeals logo banner to view links for card offers. Then just click on the link to “View all card offers by issuing bank” and scroll down to view all card offers from the bank of your choice.

(Consumer) Direct link to 25k miles plus $100 after $1,000 spend:

https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/initialize-workflow.go?requesttype=ICAO&campaignid=2121825

25K Business:

https://business.bankofamerica.com/USBCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=UABPHP&pid=dasb&mktg_track=EOLB&track=000000ECOMM

Recon # 888-503-6091

Business Recon# 800-601-3923

Check status here: https://www.bankofamerica.com/application-status/credit-cards/app-status-form.go?request_locale=en_US

Alaska Air partners: http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/partners/partner-overview.aspx?lid=nav:mileagePlan-airlines

Award Chart http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/award-chart/award-chart-domestic-canada.aspx?lid:earn-use-redirect

READ THIS THREAD TO MAKE SURE IT'S FOR YOU! http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=52946.0
« Last edited by Wiki on October 22, 2015, 08:05:26 PM »

Author Topic: BOFA Alaska Airlines Visa Master Thread  (Read 565160 times)

Offline Aaaron

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Alaska Airlines BOFA Card
« Reply #3840 on: September 01, 2015, 07:35:52 PM »
I think it's really weird that people are churning away at this card without some clarity.
Dan said last night of DDFB that he's letting his miles from his 24bm just sit and won't touch them.

Did he clarify if he's ever closed/downgraded a card to avoid AF?   

Offline zer0k1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: September 01, 2015, 09:41:08 PM »
Does the first name and address on a AS FF account have to match the one on the CC?

Offline rileywiles23

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: September 01, 2015, 09:52:16 PM »

Yes. Can you answer it? What is the point of the card if BofA could possibly confiscate the miles or even charge you for redeemed miles?
I think it's really weird that people are churning away at this card without some clarity.
Dan said last night of DDFB that he's letting his miles from his 24bm just sit and won't touch them.
I'm sitting on a surplus of AS miles, and I'm too nervous to book EK first with them, for the fear of getting audited, and having my ticket cancelled.
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline peace123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: September 01, 2015, 09:56:57 PM »
I'm sitting on a surplus of AS miles, and I'm too nervous to book EK first with them, for the fear of getting audited, and having my ticket cancelled.
As long as you use your cards, apply for these cards again, use them to earn AS miles, paying fee and not paying feee, downgrading or not, You are safe.
BUT
You risk losing them all if you decide to use these miles for flights. If you call AS and tell them you are sorry and that you will pay AS with cash for the award flights, than you are safe too. The cash price for those award flight will be 3 times more than  normal rate though!

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #3844 on: September 01, 2015, 10:07:37 PM »

Link?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline rileywiles23

• View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: September 01, 2015, 10:34:45 PM »

As long as you use your cards, apply for these cards again, use them to earn AS miles, paying fee and not paying feee, downgrading or not, You are safe.
BUT
You risk losing them all if you decide to use these miles for flights. If you call AS and tell them you are sorry and that you will pay AS with cash for the award flights, than you are safe too. The cash price for those award flight will be 3 times more than  normal rate though!
Listen man, I feel your pain, but it's quite hard, at times, to understand your posts. Why am I stockpiling AS miles, in I'm not going  to use them ?!

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: September 01, 2015, 10:47:28 PM »
Link?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dansdeals/permalink/10153471638246041/
Plus screenshot. Why don't you ask him yourself though.

Offline rileywiles23

• View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: September 01, 2015, 10:48:45 PM »
Where the 24bm part ?

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: September 01, 2015, 11:25:35 PM »
Where the 24bm part ?
did you click on the link?

whatever, i attached a screenshot. i'm not your personal valet, guys.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #3849 on: September 01, 2015, 11:33:10 PM »
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline yakrot

• View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: September 01, 2015, 11:37:00 PM »
Thanks.
He said said 6 browsers on 4 different devices

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: September 02, 2015, 12:58:26 AM »
Listen man, I feel your pain, but it's quite hard, at times, to understand your posts. Why am I stockpiling AS miles, in I'm not going  to use them ?!
Sarchasm, it's called.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: September 02, 2015, 12:59:23 AM »
Sarchasm, it's called.
Don't fall in the sar-chasm.

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: September 02, 2015, 01:00:40 AM »
Don't fall in the sar-chasm.
It's a brilliant term. I'm not sure why it's not more widely used. The chasm between the one making the sarcastic comment and the listener.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline a mirrer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: September 02, 2015, 08:58:36 AM »
Did he clarify if he's ever closed/downgraded a card to avoid AF?
from ddfb
The issue is MBM and shutting down without paying the fee.

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #3855 on: September 02, 2015, 12:02:25 PM »
I won't say much. All I 'd say is if your account is shut down  and miles stolen by Alaska and you didn't sell miles or booked awards for others who you are not part of. Ignore and bypass YVETTE, jenny OR WHOEVER THEY ARE THAT SHUT DOWN YOUR ACCOUNT. they are supervisors but who cares since you did nothing wrong in first place.
                                FLIGHT BACK AND WIN!

I WON all my miles back after shut down 18 days ago and miles stolen and flight canceled.

Please don't ask me how & it is  simple and easy you just need to  demand them to prove you where is the so called violation, if not existed,  open your account or prepare to see you in court very soon.

Dear****
At Alaska Airlines, we take a great amount of pride in our award-winning frequent flyer program and greatly value our loyal Mileage Plan members. We have implemented certain guidelines and procedures to ensure the service each customer receives is consistent and fair. It was brought to our attention recently************************ This caused concern that there may be some type of fraud being performed, and we launched an internal review of your account. ***************************  to your Mileage Plan account. Therefore, we have deposited ********* miles back into your account as of ****. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.
*****, we value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you aboard another Alaska Airlines flight soon.

Sincerely,

I told them i need assurance and confirmation that this won't happen again and my flights won't be canceled.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 12:21:24 PM by peace123 »

Offline voldemort

• View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: September 02, 2015, 12:16:43 PM »
I won't say much. All I 'd say is if your account is shut down  and miles stolen by Alaska and you didn't sell miles or booked awards for others who you are not part of.
                                FLIGHT BACK AND WIN!

I WON all my miles back after shut down 18 days ago and miles stolen and flight canceled.

Please don't ask me how & it is  simple and easy you just need to  demand them to prove you where is the so called violation, if not existed,  open your account or prepare to see you in court very soon.

Dear****
At Alaska Airlines, we take a great amount of pride in our award-winning frequent flyer program and greatly value our loyal Mileage Plan members. We have implemented certain guidelines and procedures to ensure the service each customer receives is consistent and fair. It was brought to our attention recently************************ This caused concern that there may be some type of fraud being performed, and we launched an internal review of your account. ***************************  to your Mileage Plan account. Therefore, we have deposited ********* miles back into your account as of ****. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.
*****, we value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you aboard another Alaska Airlines flight soon.

Sincerely,

Great news! Thanks for reporting back.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #3857 on: September 02, 2015, 12:17:55 PM »
I won't say much. All I 'd say is if your account is shut down  and miles stolen by Alaska and you didn't sell miles or booked awards for others who you are not part of.
                                FLIGHT BACK AND WIN!

Dear****

Sincerely,

So finally he says it openly. Thanks!

Offline Hershelsdeals

• View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: September 02, 2015, 12:26:51 PM »
I won't say much. All I 'd say is if your account is shut down  and miles stolen by Alaska and you didn't sell miles or booked awards for others who you are not part of. Ignore and bypass YVETTE, jenny OR WHOEVER THEY ARE THAT SHUT DOWN YOUR ACCOUNT. they are supervisors but who cares since you did nothing wrong in first place.
                                FLIGHT BACK AND WIN!

Dear****

Sincerely,

I told them i need assurance and confirmation that this won't happen again and my flights won't be canceled.
How could they prove that you sold the miles?
Or does it mean, If you book for someone else you're screwed?
Or does it just make it more difficult. #OnlyGodknows

Offline D93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: September 02, 2015, 12:27:27 PM »
Wow! Good for you!

Thanks for sharing.