Author Topic: (Israel) 250 shekels free for opening new Pepper smartphone bank acct.  (Read 2876 times)

Offline moe8555

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
For those of us in Israel, I just discovered that Pepper (a new smartphone-only bank) is offering 250 shekels free just for opening an account.  The account and all associated items (checkbook, credit card) are 100% free/fee-free.

Grab it while it's hot!  Signing up is super simple, all done via your phone within minutes.

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
You have a link for that 250 nis bonus?
Also I find it hard to give them my information when the heavily advertise how they are "fun".
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
You have a link for that 250 nis bonus?
Also I find it hard to give them my information when the heavily advertise how they are "fun".

No link, you just download the app and start the registration process and a message about the 250 appears.

Also, Pepper is actually Bank Leumi, so information/privacy considerations should be identical to those of any major Israeli bank.

Offline hide4

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
No link, you just download the app and start the registration process and a message about the 250 appears.

Also, Pepper is actually Bank Leumi, so information/privacy considerations should be identical to those of any major Israeli bank.
What information do they need? Anything Israeli?

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
What information do they need? Anything Israeli?

The epitome of "Israeli": pictures of:

1) ID card
2) Driver's license or passport (Israeli)
3) existing Israeli credit card

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
Quick update regarding this:

They aren't currently accepting people with dual Israeli-American citizenship because they haven't figured out how to work out the FATCA compliance yet.  Probably makes this deal irrelevant to 99% of the people here...

Offline yitzy93

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Quick update regarding this:

They aren't currently accepting people with dual Israeli-American citizenship because they haven't figured out how to work out the FATCA compliance yet.  Probably makes this deal irrelevant to 99% of the people here...
Some of us have dual-citizenship...the 2nd one not being Israeli.
Guess I'm from the one percent :P
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 04:30:34 PM by yitzy93 »

Offline yitzy93

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Just spoke to them. You need a teudat zehut to join. Now it really is useless for most of us here.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Just spoke to them. You need a teudat zehut to join. Now it really is useless for most of us here.
An actual TZ or just the number ?
Correct me if I'm wrong but if you have Israeli citizenship, you have your TZ on your passport, no?
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
An actual TZ or just the number ?
Correct me if I'm wrong but if you have Israeli citizenship, you have your TZ on your passport, no?

See the requirements I posted above.  You need all of those, not either/or...  So yes, actual picture of the TZ.

Offline rabshi

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
For those of us in Israel, I just discovered that Pepper (a new smartphone-only bank) is offering 250 shekels free just for opening an account.  The account and all associated items (checkbook, credit card) are 100% free/fee-free.

Grab it while it's hot!  Signing up is super simple, all done via your phone within minutes.

The offer is still out there. Even more. If a current customer invites you to open an account both of you get an additional 125 Shekels bonus.