Author Topic: Australia New Zealand Guam Tokyo Hong Kong Seoul San Fransisco  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Fan of Dan

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Hi Folks!!
This summer courtesy of Continental at 135K miles I am flying with my wife in biz from ny to Sydney passing through Vancouver. Air Canada flatbed. Then a side trip to new zealand for a week booked with Jet star for 220 a ticket. From Sydney after nz off to Ayers Rock Au to see the outback. Then to the great barrier reef for a few days. Those two tickets which normally cost 800 dollars i did with Qantas for 20K AA miles per person so gotta thank Citi BAnk. We're staying at Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas on cash and points of course. Then from the great barrier reef we continue on now using the return ticket fron ny syd with continental. Open jaw from th GBR. On to Guam in biz of course as well as the rest of the tickets. Under 24 hours and Tokyo here we come!! Staying at the conrad on 50k hilton points. 22 hours later and next flight to Hong Kong. This is our stopover where we stay for four days. Intercontintel Kowloon for 580 for 3 nights. Then red eye to seoul south korea and a day at the DMZ between north and south korea. Seoul Sfo next and a day touring in sfo. Then back home!!
NYC - YVR - SYD - CNS - GUM - NRT - HKG - ICN - SFO - NYC in biz all 135k points. Any one who has tips for any of these places please post comments and ideas!!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Australia New Zealand Guam Tokyo Hong Kong Seoul San Fransisco
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 06:20:09 PM »
Looks awesome!
I was thinking about Ayers Rock but settled for seeing the Nut in Tasmania.  Also was considering NZ but decided to spend 2.5 weeks in Australia rather than a week in each country and not getting to really experience either.  Besides gotta leave something for next time!

I suggest looking in the master threads already created for most of your destinations. 
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 06:53:07 PM »
Thanks Dan!
Gotta say if not for your website we never woulda pulled this off. From a mileage perspective as well on how to take advantage of co's flexibility. Your right about Tasmania I  wish I would have had more time to go there too. I am also only doing the south island of nz so hey I still gotta go back someday.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 06:02:09 PM »
is australia nice in the winter?

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 08:39:49 PM »
It depends which part. Not having been there they say that the northern territory like Ayers Rock is best in winter because otherwise it's very hot. The great barrier reef in north quensland is same story. Hotels are more expensive though due to the weather, and it gets dark earlier so those are the cons. Sydney is a bit colder though not anything like a ny winter. New Zealand though will be more cold however there is a certain beauty in all the mountains being snow capped.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 02:07:00 PM »
trip report? specifically australia and nz