Author Topic: Clear  (Read 29071 times)

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Re: Clear
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2023, 07:49:23 AM »
Why is Clear still sending out these emails?

Don’t Let Your Membership Expire

"Your CLEAR Plus membership expires tomorrow and is not set to auto-renew. When you pay with your Platinum Card® on file, you can cover the cost of a CLEAR membership with up to $189 in statement credits per year — the full cost of a membership."

Didnt the price increase?
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline monsey yid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2023, 12:00:15 PM »

Why is Clear still sending out these emails?

Don’t Let Your Membership Expire

"Your CLEAR Plus membership expires tomorrow and is not set to auto-renew. When you pay with your Platinum Card® on file, you can cover the cost of a CLEAR membership with up to $189 in statement credits per year — the full cost of a membership."

Didnt the price increase?

Platinum Card covers up to $189 which is still the cost for 1 person
If you like my post give me a like!

Offline elimmm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2023, 12:07:11 AM »
any workaround for renewals?
i just found this:
Update 2/1/2023: Effective today, both United and Delta reduced their CLEAR membership discounts. As anticipated, Delta elites and cardholders now get a $40 discount ($149 per year), and Delta SkyMiles members only get a $10 discount ($179 per year). And United matched this change. United elites and cardholders also now get just a $40 discount ($149 per year), and general members get a $10 discount ($179 per year).

i want to renew 2 clear members using my plat credit, is that "over"?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 12:10:43 AM by elimmm »

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2023, 12:50:01 PM »
Just got an email from clear for an extention for another 3 months due to launching in 50 airports.
  Worked me me and my P2, will try adding for a 3rd person and see if the trial will include it.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline NYHeel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2023, 03:07:09 PM »
Just got an email from clear for an extention for another 3 months due to launching in 50 airports.
  Worked me me and my P2, will try adding for a 3rd person and see if the trial will include it.
Does the trial work if you add more adults? I just got an email for a 3 month trial and turned it on. Next charge date is 8/17/2023. It says if I add an adult it will cost $60. But is that only going to be charged on 8/17/2023 when the trial ends or right away?

Offline Ly18

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP DL platinum VS silver HH diamond Marriott gold Avis PC National EE Enterprise platinum Hertz PC
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2023, 12:18:25 PM »
any workaround for renewals?
i just found this:
Update 2/1/2023: Effective today, both United and Delta reduced their CLEAR membership discounts. As anticipated, Delta elites and cardholders now get a $40 discount ($149 per year), and Delta SkyMiles members only get a $10 discount ($179 per year). And United matched this change. United elites and cardholders also now get just a $40 discount ($149 per year), and general members get a $10 discount ($179 per year).

i want to renew 2 clear members using my plat credit, is that "over"?
Not only is it over they are raising the price to $70 for family members

Offline Galitzyaner

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2023, 01:55:57 PM »
Does the trial work if you add more adults? I just got an email for a 3 month trial and turned it on. Next charge date is 8/17/2023. It says if I add an adult it will cost $60. But is that only going to be charged on 8/17/2023 when the trial ends or right away?
The free trial does include adding up to 3 adults!

Offline Naftuli19

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2023, 02:19:50 PM »
Absolutely. Currently it's still amazing but I imagine more credit cards will soon offer it like they all offer global entry.

All I'm saying is that if someone like Dan relies on clear to leave their house 55 minutes before a flight, they may soon not be able to rely on that.
Biggest down side for me is when u dont bring ur ID and clear decides to close early...
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline Joeymc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2023, 02:24:32 PM »
Biggest down side for me is when u dont bring ur ID and clear decides to close early...
Why wouldn't you bring your ID?

I had one time that clear spot checked me for my ID.

On a different note, I've now had 3 times where it was quicker to go just the pre check line instead of through clear.
120 characters? Hmm, I wonder what I could write with 64 characters. Boy, it's gonna be hard to use up 15 characters. W-

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2023, 02:27:00 PM »
Why wouldn't you bring your ID?

On a different note, I've now had 3 times where it was quicker to go just the pre check line instead of through clear.
DW lost it on vaca, i was relying on clear but they decided to leave early that day
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline Abebee

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 735
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National EE
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2023, 02:29:00 PM »

Got spot checked in DTW the other week, I think you need ID regardless. LGA didn't have a clear line..

Its defiantly saved me plenty of time, but just like Pre-check, was in MCO with the family we waited 20 minutes on Pre-check line when regular line was maybe 10 minutes. We stayed so we would have to take off shoes and take laptop out...

Offline JMS

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2023, 07:55:47 PM »
Any way to move someone from being a family member on my account, to their own CLEAR account? Originally did it as a family plan since as a United Cardholder, $109+$60 was completely covered by one Amex Platinum. Now that it's $149+$70 (renewing 7/13), I'd have to pay the $30 difference. I'd rather move the family member to their own separate CLEAR account and charge it to a different Amex Business Platinum where the credit is not being utilized. Anyone know how to do this?

Online shmooz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2023, 08:10:06 PM »
Any way to move someone from being a family member on my account, to their own CLEAR account? Originally did it as a family plan since as a United Cardholder, $109+$60 was completely covered by one Amex Platinum. Now that it's $149+$70 (renewing 7/13), I'd have to pay the $30 difference. I'd rather move the family member to their own separate CLEAR account and charge it to a different Amex Business Platinum where the credit is not being utilized. Anyone know how to do this?

I would chat with them, I've found them to be very good.

Offline nucheiner

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2023, 06:29:35 PM »
Is it possible to charge $189 to one credit card. Then change cards and have the additional family members charged to another credit card. IME it seems to refund the original charge and charge the new credit card for all members anew. Is this so?

Offline UKinNYS

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2023, 01:26:56 PM »
what happens when 20, 30, 40 or 50% of passengers are with Clear? can we just privatize TSA?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/transportation/2023/07/12/tsa-airport-screening-clear-checkpoints/

Offline HoKo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2023, 03:29:58 PM »
what happens when 20, 30, 40 or 50% of passengers are with Clear? can we just privatize TSA?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/transportation/2023/07/12/tsa-airport-screening-clear-checkpoints/

Clear isn't cheap. Therefore I think it would be basically impossible for them to ever represent anywhere near 50% of passengers

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2023, 08:34:10 AM »

Not sure if this is mentioning this point (can’t open the link) but soon tsa will require ID due to an infraction last week.

Offline thaber

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2023, 11:02:51 AM »
Not sure if this is mentioning this point (can’t open the link) but soon tsa will require ID due to an infraction last week.
yes, that's their point. which sort of makes clear less worthwhile over precheck

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2023, 11:30:47 AM »
yes, that's their point. which sort of makes clear less worthwhile over precheck

Usually its still faster.. but even before this, if the tsa line is not long i go there, because the time it takes to get verified and then waiting for them to bring you over, etc. pre check can be faster. But anyways because of clear credits still use it and sometimes saves a lot of time. I think clear is best use for people that do not have pre check, but sometimes pre check lines can be quite long

Offline szportsphan218

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2023, 01:48:39 PM »
Just FYI:
I received an email that my renewal is coming up next month. I clicked "cancel" on the website and they automatically offered me 2 months free.