Author Topic: Marriot Newport Coast Villas (Cat 8) & the New Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills!  (Read 23400 times)

Offline Geshmak25

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
I don't see any award availability for the Villas for the whole 2018 calendar. Is this par for the course for Marriott?
FYI there is availability during yeshiva week 2019. I was able to use a 7 day cert...
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline shauly

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Please finish this!

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
Newport Coast Villas will be under the new Cat 7 effective August, so if you want to book with a current Cat 8 cert now is the time.
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline Denverite

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Any pointers for doing שבת there?

Sorry, for not responding but I haven’t logged in for a while.  We didnt stay over Shabbat but it’s definitely walkable to a few Shuls. @Mountain Man, did you and DW stay over Shabbat and have any tips about Shabbat issues? I do remember for example that the curtains can be controlled remotely (I only remember because my kids thought it was so cool) but it could be that you can do the curtains and other things manually as well.

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
Please finish this!

Sorry, it’ll probably be a minimum of a couple of weeks...I’m traveling overseas right now.  :P

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
FYI there is availability during yeshiva week 2019. I was able to use a 7 day cert...
You lucked out, the Marriott has no vacancy for points reservations through June 2019, just tried. WA available for 4 guests 255000 points. Planning  a CA trip with the  Iberia Avios , will probably book 2 nights at the WA.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
You lucked out, the Marriott has no vacancy for points reservations through June 2019, just tried. WA available for 4 guests 255000 points. Planning  a CA trip with the  Iberia Avios , will probably book 2 nights at the WA.
Did you search for specific dates? I have found that the flexible calendar searching option shows no availability but when you search for specific dates then there is availability. FYI award availability is still open for 1/20 - 2/14.
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
Thank you , I'll check specific dates. In my previous search I only used the flexible calendar.

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
Thank you , I'll check specific dates. In my previous search I only used the flexible calendar.

I was bummed to see that now they put this at Cat 7! I hope you were able to book this before.  I can't even use my Ritz Tier 1-3 here... >:(

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
I was bummed to see that now they put this at Cat 7! I hope you were able to book this before.  I can't even use my Ritz Tier 1-3 here... >:(
Yup already booked with cert  8)
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
Yup already booked with cert  8)
Nice, it's a great place!

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
Nice, it's a great place!
Looks great. Unfortunately it will be my first and last visit after the category increaseh + flight package change.
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
Looks great. Unfortunately it will be my first and last visit after the category increaseh + flight package change.

Yup, now because it's the highest redemption category, it could actually make sense to book cash or with Chase points.  For dates I was checking over mid-winter break it was only about $200 a night for the whole 2brm apartment (in the summer it can be 3x that).

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
Unfortunately not :(

Offline Mountain Man

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Sorry, for not responding but I haven’t logged in for a while.  We didnt stay over Shabbat but it’s definitely walkable to a few Shuls. @Mountain Man, did you and DW stay over Shabbat and have any tips about Shabbat issues? I do remember for example that the curtains can be controlled remotely (I only remember because my kids thought it was so cool) but it could be that you can do the curtains and other things manually as well.

Sorry I missed this one. We did. It's walkable 15-25 minutes to Westwood Kehilla and Young Israel of North Beverly Hills and others I'm sure. Those two are easier because you can just follow Santa Monica Blvd. The lowest floor has 5 flights of stairs if I remember correctly. You can keep the door open using the gartel trick or I just placed a card between the door and jamb. IIRC I was able to use the minibar as there wasn't electronic sensors in it. We brought a shabbos lamp with us as well. I think for the curtains we left them open with the sheers closed.

It was a very nice stay. I was hesitant staying over a shabbos but it really turned out far better than I expected.

Quote from: JTZ link=topic=10531.msg1695873
If you never had to eat crow then you lived one boring life.

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
Sorry I missed this one. We did. It's walkable 15-25 minutes to Westwood Kehilla and Young Israel of North Beverly Hills and others I'm sure. Those two are easier because you can just follow Santa Monica Blvd. The lowest floor has 5 flights of stairs if I remember correctly. You can keep the door open using the gartel trick or I just placed a card between the door and jamb. IIRC I was able to use the minibar as there wasn't electronic sensors in it. We brought a shabbos lamp with us as well. I think for the curtains we left them open with the sheers closed.

It was a very nice stay. I was hesitant staying over a shabbos but it really turned out far better than I expected.

Thanks for responding about this.  I was thinking to book again for a weekend but was wondering about all this Shabbos stuff and I'm sure others will appreciate the info as well.  The Waldorf Beverly Hills truly is a spectacular hotel and a great use of a free night Cert.  Now that SPG and Marriott don't have travel good travel packages and their annual free nights can only be used at lower tier hotels, I'm appreciating HHonors more and more!

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
Thanks for responding about this.  I was thinking to book again for a weekend but was wondering about all this Shabbos stuff and I'm sure others will appreciate the info as well.  The Waldorf Beverly Hills truly is a spectacular hotel and a great use of a free night Cert.  Now that SPG and Marriott don't have travel good travel packages and their annual free nights can only be used at lower tier hotels, I'm appreciating HHonors more and more!
+1
I started liking HH a lot more after the SPG Marriott merger,

Offline gswannabe

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United gold, spg Plat, Delta silver, Hilton Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, flying blue gold
Side note,
Has anyone had luck with Hilton opening up points availability?
I booked 5 nights at the WA Beverly Hills (using points) and am waiting for more points to post in order to book a second room.
However, the points availability has disappeared   :-[
I am Hilton diamond.

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
Side note,
Has anyone had luck with Hilton opening up points availability?
I booked 5 nights at the WA Beverly Hills (using points) and am waiting for more points to post in order to book a second room.
However, the points availability has disappeared   :-[
I am Hilton diamond.
I see no availability , was only searching for October and November.

Offline gswannabe

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United gold, spg Plat, Delta silver, Hilton Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, flying blue gold
I see no availability , was only searching for October and November.

I booked for the beginning of February.