Author Topic: Solar panels  (Read 19609 times)

Offline normathej

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Re: Solar panels
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2019, 01:52:52 PM »
Anybody done any research on the Tesla solar panels?  I see a few news releases about Tesla slashing their prices...

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2019, 02:09:05 PM »
Anybody done any research on the Tesla solar panels?  I see a few news releases about Tesla slashing their prices...
Don't think it's available in NY area. They don't make it easy to check online either. Try this:

Go to https://www.tesla.com/energy/design/. Click next twice (bottom right corner), which brings you to a payment screen. Go straight to the installation address line and fill out the fields. Once I completed entering my address, it gave me this message: "Sorry, we don't currently serve this area, but will contact you once we do.".

Offline normathej

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2019, 02:19:53 PM »
Don't think it's available in NY area. They don't make it easy to check online either. Try this:

Go to https://www.tesla.com/energy/design/. Click next twice (bottom right corner), which brings you to a payment screen. Go straight to the installation address line and fill out the fields. Once I completed entering my address, it gave me this message: "Sorry, we don't currently serve this area, but will contact you once we do.".

I'm in NJ, they seem happy to serve me... you have to pay $99 (refundable, I guess to make sure you're serious) and then they reach out to you.  I also can't really figure out their timeline for installation. 

Offline JoeyShmoe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2019, 02:26:30 PM »
I live in a townhouse development and we recently had a discussion regarding the fact that when one installs solar the void the roofers 10 year warranty on the roof. Someone called the roofer and asked whether that would void the rest of roofs of the same strip of houses, and they responded that it would. While I know that solar installers will usually come repair the roof if there are issues because of them (I don't think they officially warranty their work, rather they choose to fix it on their own), does anybody have any idea whether or not they'll fix a neighbors roof (regardless of whether the issue was caused by the solar installation or not)?
DDF A-Z Link Extension
Chrome
Firefox
Info

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2019, 02:32:12 PM »
Someone called the roofer and asked whether that would void the rest of roofs of the same strip of houses, and they responded that it would. 
Wow
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2019, 02:50:01 PM »
I live in a townhouse development and we recently had a discussion regarding the fact that when one installs solar the void the roofers 10 year warranty on the roof. Someone called the roofer and asked whether that would void the rest of roofs of the same strip of houses, and they responded that it would. While I know that solar installers will usually come repair the roof if there are issues because of them (I don't think they officially warranty their work, rather they choose to fix it on their own), does anybody have any idea whether or not they'll fix a neighbors roof (regardless of whether the issue was caused by the solar installation or not)?
I have a hard time believing that. Essentially they're saying it's all one roof. But how can it be set up that way? Can each townhouse can do roof repair/replacement independently, as necessary? If that's the case there must be a separation of some sort between each roof (at least legally, if not physically), which would mean that work on one roof wouldn't invalidate the warranty of another in the row. If not, it seems like solar is the least of your problems.

I'm in a townhouse (KGH attached house), and the roofs are not continuous - there's somewhat of a raised section that separates each roof:

Offline JoeyShmoe

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2019, 03:53:01 PM »
I have a hard time believing that. Essentially they're saying it's all one roof. But how can it be set up that way? Can each townhouse can do roof repair/replacement independently, as necessary? If that's the case there must be a separation of some sort between each roof (at least legally, if not physically), which would mean that work on one roof wouldn't invalidate the warranty of another in the row. If not, it seems like solar is the least of your problems.

I'm in a townhouse (KGH attached house), and the roofs are not continuous - there's somewhat of a raised section that separates each roof:
It's in Lakewood, and the roof is one continuous long roof. If it rains in to one house the water and mold can easily seep through to the next house
DDF A-Z Link Extension
Chrome
Firefox
Info

Offline JoeyShmoe

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2019, 03:53:25 PM »
Wow
We were shocked as well, but it kinda makes sense, since it's all physically one big roof
DDF A-Z Link Extension
Chrome
Firefox
Info

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2019, 04:42:29 PM »
It's in Lakewood, and the roof is one continuous long roof. If it rains in to one house the water and mold can easily seep through to the next house
I saw your location is listed as Lakewood, but my point remains. If you get a leak and need to repair or replace your roof, are you allowed to do so independent of the other houses, or does everything have to be done at once, collectively.? Wouldn't just doing your section that void everyone's warranty according to the same logic? If it does, that seems like extremely poor design.

Online aygart

• View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2019, 09:12:44 AM »
We were shocked as well, but it kinda makes sense, since it's all physically one big roof
The big question is if the rider is right about it and would it stand up to legal scrutiny. Can a neighbor prevent you from installing? Do you need his permission?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline stevenshaw

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2019, 01:21:02 PM »
same question. thanks for sharing

Offline kayef

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2019, 12:11:44 PM »
I have solar panels on my roof. I discovered that there are a bunch of nests underneath them! Anyone have any experience with this sort of issue? Is this something that the solar company should be responsible to remedy?

Offline Jellybelly

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2020, 08:02:00 PM »
Can someone recommend any companies? Must be able do commercial/residential  in the NJ-NY area

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2020, 11:47:09 PM »
Can someone recommend any companies? Must be able do commercial/residential  in the NJ-NY area
Despite my earlier comments about the company I used, now that everything is up and running, and all the costs and production worked out as planned, I would feel comfortable recommending them. My father ended up using them for an even larger system on his roof and he was happy as well. PM me if you want their info.

Offline normathej

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2020, 02:12:10 PM »

I'm in NJ, I was happy with Green Revolution Solar, 973 610 6352
https://www.greenrevolutionsolar.com/

Online KSMH

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2020, 02:35:14 PM »
Heshy Drew 1908910932five
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline jack6941

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1004
    • View Profile
    • ThriftPro
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond - Bonvoy Gold Elite - Best Western Diamond Select- Wyndham Diamond
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2020, 03:15:58 PM »
I used this guy/company and was thrilled.

Green Power Energy
Austin Dow
adow@greenpowerenergy.com

Any questions feel free to ask.
No 2 people are the same

Offline yossig

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2020, 12:26:21 PM »
I’m looking into installing solar but I’m new at this and any advise is appreciated.
Did anyone hear of a company called Brooklyn solar?
There using LG375w panels, are these good?

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2020, 01:25:13 PM »
I’m looking into installing solar but I’m new at this and any advise is appreciated.
Did anyone hear of a company called Brooklyn solar?
There using LG375w panels, are these good?
I have LG 350's. Obviously pricing matters as well, but yes, LG is considered higher end panels, and 375 is on the higher side of capacity for standard size panels.

Offline yossig

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2020, 01:43:57 PM »
I have LG 350's. Obviously pricing matters as well, but yes, LG is considered higher end panels, and 375 is on the higher side of capacity for standard size panels.
thanks!
What are the similar alternatives? just to be informed.