Author Topic: Starting Point Of Israel/Palestine Conflict?  (Read 26518 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: Starting Point Of Israel/Palestine Conflict?
« Reply #360 on: January 29, 2024, 02:31:14 PM »
https://elderofziyon.blogspot.com/2024/01/0129-links-pt1-hillel-neuer-uns.html

But the notion that it is primarily an agency for the relief of refugees is a front. UNRWA’s main task is political. Palestinians who work for UNRWA call it “the main political witness to our cause.”

UNRWA exists to perpetuate Palestinians as refugees. Unlike the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, which since World War II has been responsible for the welfare of all refugees in the world, and has worked toward their resettlement and relocation, UNRWA deals only with the Arabs from Palestine and has a completely different objective.

Millions of Palestinians who attend UNRWA schools in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, the West Bank, and Gaza are taught that the war of 1948 is not over, and that they have a “right of return”—meaning, to dismantle and take over Israel.

The UN betrays its mission by signaling to the Palestinians that the war is not over, and to keep fighting.

UN Secretary General António Guterres said he was “horrified” to discover that UNRWA employees participated in the invasion and massacre of October 7. But in reality, their actions merely translated UNRWA’s core message into action.

The majority of the budget, 58 percent, goes to “education.” As has been thoroughly documented, the education part of those schools is dedicated to incitement and medieval Jew-hatred. The buildings themselves are put to use storing weapons—including during wartime, when that would put anybody in the building or its vicinity in danger. Hamas has built its terror tunnels underneath the schools, with entrances sometimes in the school building or nearby.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 31, 2024, 05:25:16 PM »
I think we might have found the ultimate answer to the question posed in the title of this thread.

The starting point is in the imagination of Arabs, which is not bound by any limits of time and space or connection to reality. And their tendency to believe their own imaginary lies.

0:41 timestamp.

https://x.com/QF/status/1752679624243331237?s=20
-- Dan

Offline Randomex

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: MSPaint, Notepad, Firefox, VLC Media Player - Old sig quote was found in Reb Mendel and His Wisdom
« Reply #363 on: February 01, 2024, 11:09:18 AM »
I think we might have found the ultimate answer to the question posed in the title of this thread.

The starting point is in the imagination of Arabs, which is not bound by any limits of time and space or connection to reality. And their tendency to believe their own imaginary lies.

0:41 timestamp.

The person who built it was descended from Adam? You don't say.
(Perhaps they're making clear that they don't think it was built by Allah, an angel, a djinn, or some such.)
Do you want to play a board game, digitally or in Lakewood NJ? PM me. (Can be asynchronous, i.e. take turns whenever)

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
-- Dan

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 11, 2024, 05:13:42 PM »
TL;DW?

Run it at 2x, this cannot be summarized. It's his attitude, the way he talks to the BBC.

At a certain point, the interviewer asks him about "Settler Violence" and numbers killed in "the West Bank" which get him irked.

The following tweet would have been quite good to insert there. 230 terror attacks thwarted!

https://x.com/amirbohbot/status/1767285765208154392?s=20
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 05:21:17 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 11, 2024, 05:35:36 PM »
Run it at 2x, this cannot be summarized. It's his attitude, the way he talks to the BBC.

At a certain point, the interviewer asks him about "Settler Violence" and numbers killed in "the West Bank" which get him irked.

The following tweet would have been quite good to insert there. 230 terror attacks thwarted!

https://x.com/amirbohbot/status/1767285765208154392?s=20
Got it. In other words, he doesn't take the vile, haughty BBC antisemitism without pushing back?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 11, 2024, 07:02:58 PM »
Got it. In other words, he doesn't take the vile, haughty BBC antisemitism without pushing back?

Pushing back is an understatement. He actually controls the interview!
-- Dan

Offline yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 11, 2024, 07:50:49 PM »
Pushing back is an understatement. He actually controls the interview!
Sounds like he should be a spokesman then. Although, this time around Israel has some decent ones.

ETA: I listened to a little bit. He should not be the spokesman. Some things he says are true, but he does not have the best way of explaining it in a way that most people would understand and he is missing the mark plenty of times. If someone is trying to make people aware that the Palestinian nation is an invention, and that international law as defined by the haters does not apply in this case, he should make the case in a clear way. This just makes people write that off.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 08:31:35 PM by yelped »

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 11, 2024, 10:48:04 PM »
Sounds like he should be a spokesman then. Although, this time around Israel has some decent ones.

ETA: I listened to a little bit. He should not be the spokesman. Some things he says are true, but he does not have the best way of explaining it in a way that most people would understand and he is missing the mark plenty of times. If someone is trying to make people aware that the Palestinian nation is an invention, and that international law as defined by the haters does not apply in this case, he should make the case in a clear way. This just makes people write that off.

He definitely does not belong as a spokesman. While his English is decent, it's far from native speaker level. He is also too dogmatic IMHO rather than being able to convey things in a subtle, yet convincing manner.

I personally know someone who currently works for INSS and was previously a senior lawyer at the IDF legal department. There's plenty of legal work going on behind the scenes. It just doesn't get that much public exposure.

As for "illegal settlements" there are papers regarding that, where I believe the main point is that the territories in question were never part of an independent sovereign country. Jordan occupied Judea and Samaria after the 1948 war. They gave up all claims to the territory in the 1980s IIRC.

The only "occupied territory" are the Golan Heights which were annexed (and recognized by the US under Trump). 

See https://jfedsrq.org/are-israeli-settlements-in-the-west-bank-illegal-under-international-law/
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 11:00:08 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 28, 2024, 07:30:52 PM »
Sorry, only Hebrew version with no English subtitles, but an important video IMHO. Explaining the Palestinian narrative throughout history to Israelis/Jews.

-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
-- Dan