Author Topic: Air Berlin to NYC-TLV $467 (Cancelled flights)  (Read 31064 times)

Offline chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Air Berlin to NYC-TLV $467 (Cancelled flights)
« Reply #160 on: September 25, 2017, 09:59:21 AM »
Please note german papers report that ALL longhaul will be ceased from Oct 15. So in case you have a flight back after sukkoth to the US it will not happen.
Consider strongly if you want to fly to Israel, as chances are big you will have no return

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 25, 2017, 11:22:12 AM »
What does cc flight/trip insurance cover if return gets cancelled? They don't have to get you back?
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline Joshua

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 25, 2017, 11:26:21 AM »
Hi I was wondering if someone else is in a similar situation... so my flight is scheduled to leave tomorrow from tlv to nyc stopover in txl it is not showing cancelled on air berlin website and I did not receive any cancellation emails, however when I checked British airways they say its cancelled... I tried calling air Berlin and I waited over an hour so I gave up. What do I do now do I go to the airport and assume my flight was not cancelled?

Offline yoelkon

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 25, 2017, 01:50:21 PM »
Please note german papers report that ALL longhaul will be ceased from Oct 15. So in case you have a flight back after sukkoth to the US it will not happen.
Consider strongly if you want to fly to Israel, as chances are big you will have no return

says only to LA, i spoke to them earlier and they said DUS-NYC still flying.

Offline Pesach

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 25, 2017, 02:32:57 PM »
what should I do if I have a booking for after succos October 1 jfk dus txl tlv and coming back October 16 tlv dus txl jfk ? would I at least get the way there?

Offline yoelkon

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 25, 2017, 03:28:45 PM »
what should I do if I have a booking for after succos October 1 jfk dus txl tlv and coming back October 16 tlv dus txl jfk ? would I at least get the way there?

have same dates, should be ok getting there. i spoke to AB earlier, they claim that the DUS-NYC long-haul is not being touched, does not mean that it can change though.

Offline Pesach

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 25, 2017, 03:42:30 PM »
Thank you and the way back? if it doesn't go would they rebook?

Offline yoelkon

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 25, 2017, 04:00:01 PM »
Thank you and the way back? if it doesn't go would they rebook?

just spoke to them again, they claim that they have no info as far as cancellations. they claim that all flights are subject to being cancelled at any moment, and there is no plan in re-booking anyone on any other airline

Offline shmebeble

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 26, 2017, 12:36:59 PM »
My flight is booked Oct 2-15 NYC-DUS-TXL-TLV
I called Air Berlin and they wont cancel my ticket, even though they rebooked me to get in 8 hours later than originally planned. I then called Amex and they refunded me for the flights. Amex said Airberlin has until Dec 12 to respond. (I am not trying to get a free trip out of this, I just dont want to be stranded at the airport).

Do I:
1. take the Airberlin flight as its still showing as ticketed?  I really dont want to take the 2 stops and gets me in much later than I want.
2. Buy another ticket and risk Air Berlin arguing with Amex. But the new ticket is much better timing for me and will iyH definitely get me there.

Offline Live N Learn

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 26, 2017, 02:07:33 PM »
I called Air Berlin and they wont cancel my ticket, even though they rebooked me to get in 8 hours later than originally planned. I then called Amex and they refunded me for the flights. Amex said Airberlin has until Dec 12 to respond. (I am not trying to get a free trip out of this, I just dont want to be stranded at the airport).

Do I:
1. take the Airberlin flight as its still showing as ticketed?  I really dont want to take the 2 stops and gets me in much later than I want.
2. Buy another ticket and risk Air Berlin arguing with Amex. But the new ticket is much better timing for me and will iyH definitely get me there.

Will they let you keep the the refund  even if you use the flights?
".איזהו חכם, הלומד מכל אדם"

Offline Pesach

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 26, 2017, 02:18:16 PM »

Do I:
if there giving you a refund on air Berlin try finding star alliance award availability on united or Singapore for united flights or partner airlines and book that as a back up ticket in case you get canceled . Within 24 hours anyway I think the cancellation cost would between  75 to 125 dollars to redeposit the points depending on if you use Singapore or united points which would insure you have a backup ticket. My question is what if you book a backup ticket on united and would only cancel in case your air Berlin flight only offers to refund your ticket and not rebook you. However air Berlin decides tocancel your flight and instead of refunding you they rebook  you on the same flight you have as a backup and now you have duplicate reservations one for your backup and one for your air berlin.What would you need to do then? Would it be a problem to just cancel your backup points ticket? Or would they cancel everything if you  canceled one of the seats you have on the flight? does this raise a flag when you check in by the gate?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 02:27:29 PM by Pesach »

Offline Luvisrael

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 26, 2017, 04:12:34 PM »
Will they let you keep the the refund  even if you use the flights?
Cmon seriously??

Offline Pesach

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 27, 2017, 12:47:15 AM »
Would they refund the whole ticket if I flew the way there to Israel and they canceled the flight for the way back in middle of the trip? Or they only would give a  a partial refund?

Offline elimmm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 27, 2017, 01:52:15 AM »
Would they refund the whole ticket if I flew the way there to Israel and they canceled the flight for the way back in middle of the trip? Or they only would give a  a partial refund?

if u can prove that they canceled your return,  insurance should be obligated to reimburse the entire ticket- call them and ask

Offline chaim0m

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 27, 2017, 04:43:52 AM »

Do I:
Does anyone know if in a situation like this, there are grounds for compensation of delay (in this case 8 hours), I have a client with a similar situation. Is a delay only considered a delay once the flight begins?(or doesn't). I would be interested if there is anything in either US,EU or Israeli law on this.
travelcm

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 27, 2017, 05:03:52 AM »
Does anyone know if in a situation like this, there are grounds for compensation of delay (in this case 8 hours), I have a client with a similar situation. Is a delay only considered a delay once the flight begins?(or doesn't). I would be interested if there is anything in either US,EU or Israeli law on this.
If they informed you sufficiently in advance there are no grounds for mandatory compensation.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline yochai

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 27, 2017, 07:58:14 AM »
Even if I took the outbound flight? They emailed me a few hours before the outbound flight, and now I'm stuck without a way back!

Offline elimmm

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 27, 2017, 08:33:17 AM »
If they informed you sufficiently in advance there are no grounds for mandatory compensation.

anyway, mandatory comp from whom? a bankrupt airline?!

Offline yoelkon

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 27, 2017, 04:34:07 PM »
originally booked 10/01/17-10/16/17

just got a cancellation email

Offline elimmm

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 27, 2017, 04:38:55 PM »
originally booked 10/01/17-10/16/17

just got a cancellation email

me too
:(