Poll

Title

Nightmare On Iberia Airlines: Kids Forced Off Plane In Spain
36 (59%)
The Kids In Spain Are Left Off The Plane: A Nightmare With Iberia Airlines
25 (41%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: Has This Ever Happened To You With IBeria Airlines-Minors Bumped?  (Read 88658 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Has This Ever Happened To You With IBeria Airlines-Minors Bumped?
« Reply #521 on: September 14, 2017, 01:32:52 PM »
Lesson learned, wait for a slow news day for something like this.

(not that this is a sure thing, but at least that way you have a fighting chance...)
Maybe a lengthy logical post 2 weeks later isn't what's needed. Just an emotional angry social media storm.

Offline LeeAddi

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 15, 2017, 09:07:15 AM »
Has nobody contacted you yet?
Noone has contacted me

Offline LeeAddi

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 04, 2017, 08:58:48 AM »
I finally got a response from Iberia.  They sent me a boiler plate e-mail indicating that  "The current legislation establishes the applicable compensation and assistance that Airlines must apply " which came to 600 Euro per child. 

The only paragraph that seemed that they were responding directly to our situation was the following.
 "Although your children had a confirmed booking, we were unable to accept them because at the time the flight acceptance procedures were made, the number of customers with a confirmed booking exceeded the available seats. In light of this, we are applying the above regulation, which states that they have the right to compensation and that we must provide them with assistance through to the departure of the next flight."

As Dan mentioned according to Israeli law we should be getting 3080 ILS per child.
Any ideas on how to follow up at this point?
Thanks!

Offline Sammy82

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 04, 2017, 09:05:44 AM »
I finally got a response from Iberia.  They sent me a boiler plate e-mail indicating that  "The current legislation establishes the applicable compensation and assistance that Airlines must apply " which came to 600 Euro per child. 

The only paragraph that seemed that they were responding directly to our situation was the following.
 "Although your children had a confirmed booking, we were unable to accept them because at the time the flight acceptance procedures were made, the number of customers with a confirmed booking exceeded the available seats. In light of this, we are applying the above regulation, which states that they have the right to compensation and that we must provide them with assistance through to the departure of the next flight."

As Dan mentioned according to Israeli law we should be getting 3080 ILS per child.
Any ideas on how to follow up at this point?
Thanks!
Maybe it's just me but if this was me, I would probably make one final attempt and be done with it (I know, that's exactly what the airline wants). It's not worth the agmas nefesh. Maybe that last attempt should be to contact a politician or media. But it can't go on forever.