Author Topic: AA Status Match  (Read 1097 times)

Offline SPGCont

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Platinum (Life), Alaska Air MVP, Delta Silver, AA, United
AA Status Match
« on: June 22, 2011, 12:11:58 PM »
Has anyone tried getting their status matched to AA through either Delta Silver or Continental/Star Alliance Silver?

What status did they give you?

Was it good through February 2012 or February 2013?

Debating whether to try to match now or wait a few weeks for cutoff point. I want to book a flight with them now and have status already to be able to get premium seats/treatment.
If you were not elite when you booked but become elite prior to traveling do you receive elite benefits for your trip?

Offline rukiddingme

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Re: AA Status Match
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 12:37:15 PM »
Has anyone tried getting their status matched to AA through either Delta Silver or Continental/Star Alliance Silver?

AA doesn't status match, they'll just let you enroll in a challenge.  I've heard of them granting status at the beginning of a challenge (based on the "I'm willing to complete the challenge, but you can't expect me to fly without status" argument).

If you were not elite when you booked but become elite prior to traveling do you receive elite benefits for your trip?

Yes, you'll have benefits available as soon as you become elite.  So you can change your seat assignment to a "premium" seat.

Offline SPGCont

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Platinum (Life), Alaska Air MVP, Delta Silver, AA, United
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 12:43:51 PM »
Are you sure about this? because on dansdeals post http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/13189 - he says AA does match?

Did AA change their policy?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 12:49:51 PM »
There was a short period of time where AA was matching status.  I think it's over now.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SPGCont

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 12:50:52 PM »
Worth a try or is it a waste of time?