Author Topic: United ewr-tlv 42.5k awards flights question?  (Read 1171 times)

Offline 89mclarenstang

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
United ewr-tlv 42.5k awards flights question?
« on: September 02, 2017, 10:54:41 PM »
I'm kind of new to booking with miles on United but have been saving up for my son's bar mitzvah next summer.  Looking to go around the week of June 25 for 3-4 weeks.  Don't see any 42.5k direct flights at all. Im logged into my account, only see partner flights at that rate.  I don't have the pay United card anymore only the free United card.  Is that why I don't see it or are these flights just that rare to find?  Be gentle ;). Thanks in advance.

Offline BP16

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: United ewr-tlv 42.5k awards flights question?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 11:14:11 PM »
I'm kind of new to booking with miles on United but have been saving up for my son's bar mitzvah next summer.  Looking to go around the week of June 25 for 3-4 weeks.  Don't see any 42.5k direct flights at all. Im logged into my account, only see partner flights at that rate.  I don't have the pay United card anymore only the free United card.  Is that why I don't see it or are these flights just that rare to find?  Be gentle ;). Thanks in advance.
For next year June your looking now?
How many people are you trying to book?
And chances are you will have to make a stop

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 11:29:34 PM »
Not rare, but may be too early for Saver seats to have been released. No saver seats available at this time for the entire month which probably means its just too early. But then again July does have some saver dates. Nothing to do with your card though. Chase exclusive shows 85k seats only too.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline 89mclarenstang

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 12:13:11 AM »
Looking for 2 tickets.  Any thoughts as to when the seats might open up?  Figured the earlier the better...

Offline 89mclarenstang

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 09:18:22 PM »
anyone else have any ideas when they may open direct flights up at 42.5k?  anything i should know if i just end up booking with partner airlines such as polish with regards to fees?  any way to get them removed?

Offline GAM Z.

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 12:18:03 AM »
anyone else have any ideas when they may open direct flights up at 42.5k?  anything i should know if i just end up booking with partner airlines such as polish with regards to fees?  any way to get them removed?
There isnt any fees to book a partner airline, though the taxes and fees of the country you stop off in, you'll have to pay.

Offline 89mclarenstang

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 10:26:39 AM »
Thanks for the info, i found a flight with LOT and one of the layovers is only 1 hour.  should this be a concern?  any reason to look for something a little longer?  do these flights tend to get delayed and cause headaches?