Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

To signup for credit cards you can click here or on the “other credit cards” tab on top of the DansDeals logo banner to view links for card offers. Then just click on the link to “View all card offers by issuing bank” and scroll down to view all card offers from the bank of your choice.

http://www.dansdeals.com/go/swa6
« Last edited by jj1000 on March 14, 2018, 12:51:58 PM »

Author Topic: Southwest Visa 50,000 bonus points  (Read 468383 times)

Offline Thingywingy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: Southwest Visa 50,000 bonus points
« Reply #1560 on: July 04, 2014, 02:50:39 PM »
Is it a bad idea to merge SW accounts before points post?
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline steeeveknowsbest

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: July 04, 2014, 08:00:39 PM »
i wouldn't. What do you have to gain?

Offline zow

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: July 07, 2014, 12:02:03 PM »
Hi.
I applied for Chase SW Business Premier Card on 6/30 and just now called, spoke with Agent, and application denied.
Reason is that I opened 4 other Chase cards about a month earlier.  I have Ink Plus, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, and SW Premier (Personal). Agent said they couldn't grant any additional credit. I countered and said I would be happy to shift credit, but really wanted the new card becasue of some planned SW business travel in the coming months.  Still denied.

Any suggestions? Is this a situation for HUCA? When I HUCA, do I acknowledge the conversation I just had with the CSR?

(I realize that I probably should have waited to apply for this 2nd SW card, but I wanted to get in on the 50K bonus before it may disappear...any advice now would be appreciated.)

Thanks.

Offline HDS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: July 07, 2014, 05:17:53 PM »
Hi.
I applied for Chase SW Business Premier Card on 6/30 and just now called, spoke with Agent, and application denied.
Reason is that I opened 4 other Chase cards about a month earlier.  I have Ink Plus, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, and SW Premier (Personal). Agent said they couldn't grant any additional credit. I countered and said I would be happy to shift credit, but really wanted the new card becasue of some planned SW business travel in the coming months.  Still denied.

Any suggestions? Is this a situation for HUCA? When I HUCA, do I acknowledge the conversation I just had with the CSR?

(I realize that I probably should have waited to apply for this 2nd SW card, but I wanted to get in on the 50K bonus before it may disappear...any advice now would be appreciated.)

Thanks.

Yeah, HUCA can't hurt, if you have the time, but this might just be a case where you'll need to walk away from the pull. Chase has gotten pretty tight with approving more than 2 cards in 30 days - I'm not saying it can't be done, heck, you got 4 at about the same time yourself. But once they start denying, you might need to wait a bit before reapplying.

Offline zow

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: July 07, 2014, 05:44:41 PM »
Yeah, HUCA can't hurt, if you have the time, but this might just be a case where you'll need to walk away from the pull. Chase has gotten pretty tight with approving more than 2 cards in 30 days - I'm not saying it can't be done, heck, you got 4 at about the same time yourself. But once they start denying, you might need to wait a bit before reapplying.

Hi, thanks for the response.  I did HUCA and succeeded! (I actually posted my whole story on the Chase Recon thread.) But no more applications for me for while now!

Offline smiley face

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: July 13, 2014, 09:06:34 PM »
If I close my southwest cards do I lose the points and/ or companion pass?

Offline MC

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: July 13, 2014, 09:16:36 PM »

If I close my southwest cards do I lose the points and/ or companion pass?
No, only points through the cc company (ie UR, MR) get lost when you close the card.

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: July 17, 2014, 01:36:07 PM »
I am trying to reach the companion pass status for next year. I have almost used up all my credit this month,  and my statement does not close till 2nd August. I would like to partially pay my CC, so I can spend more. But, I dont want to lose the miles in the process. I have googled and it seems that paying my CC before statement closes would not impact the miles transferred, in other words I will get all the miles that would have posted after statement close. Just want to confirm with experts here if that is the case.

Just as an example:

Let's say currently I have a balance of $15,000 (CC is paid in full every month, so no carry-over from previous month), with statement closing on 2nd August. So, basically, if I dont spend anything more on the card, I will get 15,000 miles transferred to SW. Now, if I were to pay $5000 to Chase now, leaving $10,000 at statement close (again no spend from now till statement close), will I get 15,000 miles or 10,000?

What if I pay $5000 to Chase now, and spend another $4000 before statement closes, then would I earn 19,000 miles?

I have already sent a secure message to Chase, but haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks.

Offline D93

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: July 17, 2014, 01:38:19 PM »
I am trying to reach the companion pass status for next year. I have almost used up all my credit this month,  and my statement does not close till 2nd August. I would like to partially pay my CC, so I can spend more. But, I dont want to lose the miles in the process. I have googled and it seems that paying my CC before statement closes would not impact the miles transferred, in other words I will get all the miles that would have posted after statement close. Just want to confirm with experts here if that is the case.

Just as an example:

Let's say currently I have a balance of $15,000 (CC is paid in full every month, so no carry-over from previous month), with statement closing on 2nd August. So, basically, if I dont spend anything more on the card, I will get 15,000 miles transferred to SW. Now, if I were to pay $5000 to Chase now, leaving $10,000 at statement close (again no spend from now till statement close), will I get 15,000 miles or 10,000?

What if I pay $5000 to Chase now, and spend another $4000 before statement closes, then would I earn 19,000 miles?

I have already sent a secure message to Chase, but haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks.
u can pay the entire $15k before ur statement closes and u will still get 15k miles/points credited to ur account... And if u spend another $15k u will get 30k miles/points credited to ur account....
P. S. Do u always hav ur statement close with $15k on it??? Wow! That's a high credit utilization!! (unless u have a nice total credit line)

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: July 17, 2014, 01:48:05 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply. That just confirms google result, but I would take the feedback from here anytime over search engine results.

This is the first month with such a high amount. I am getting into BB again after taking a hiatus since VR issue, and want to try for SW CP. Dont know if I can make it..depends on how long this BB/VGC game can continue :)

Also, this is the only card where we are using almost 100% of the credit, rest of the cards, we barely touch 1% of the credit limit, and they are decent amounts too :).

u can pay the entire $15k before ur statement closes and u will still get 15k miles/points credited to ur account... And if u spend another $15k u will get 30k miles/points credited to ur account....
P. S. Do u always hav ur statement close with $15k on it??? Wow! That's a high credit utilization!! (unless u have a nice total credit line)

Offline D93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: July 17, 2014, 01:50:32 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply. That just confirms google result, but I would take the feedback from here anytime over search engine results.

This is the first month with such a high amount. I am getting into BB again after taking a hiatus since VR issue, and want to try for SW CP. Dont know if I can make it..depends on how long this BB/VGC game can continue :)

Also, this is the only card where we are using almost 100% of the credit, rest of the cards, we barely touch 1% of the credit limit, and they are decent amounts too :).
DDF beats Google hands down!  :)

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: July 17, 2014, 02:00:26 PM »
Yup, I agree :)

DDF beats Google hands down!  :)

Offline SOS

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis First, Hertz Five Star, National Executive
« Reply #1572 on: July 24, 2014, 09:27:35 AM »
Now is a great time to buy Rapid Rewards® Points or give them as a gift to family or friends with this 40% bonus points offer available through July 31, 2014!

That gives you only one week to take advantage of this great opportunity. Whether you're traveling within the country or jetting off to one of our new international destinations, buying Rapid Rewards Points can help you or your recipient get there sooner. Plus, when you use your Rapid Rewards Premier or Plus Credit Card to purchase these points, you'll earn an additional 2 points for every $1 spent.

Hurry! This limited-time offer ends next Thursday, July 31, 2014.

Offline yoss6400

• View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage,sapfire,freedom,marriott, hertz, avis, united
« Reply #1573 on: July 24, 2014, 06:21:22 PM »
has anyone have success getting the af waived?
"Credit Cards delaying arguments for 30 Days"

Offline joey123

• View Profile
  • Location: Modern Mashgiach at Chovevei (YCT) #ResidentMashgiach
  • Programs: Daven for the Chayalim #IStandWithIsrael
« Reply #1574 on: July 24, 2014, 06:47:01 PM »
This has certainly been discussed, but I am not reading through over 100 pages :)

What's the best way to hit 100K to obtain the companion pass?

To quote Dan from DDMS:

"Plus you get a free companion pass if you earn 110,000 points in a year from most sources, including earnings from credit card signups and credit card spending! If you earn 110,000 Southwest points in 2014 the pass will be good until 12/31/15. The pass allows you to bring a companion with you for free whenever you fly Southwest, even if you are flying on a free ticket! There is no limit to the number of free companion flights that you can take.

Points transferred from Ultimate Rewards to Southwest don’t qualify towards companion pass status, but points transferred from Ultimate Rewards into Hyatt and then into Southwest do qualify. So you can transfer 50K Ultimate Rewards points into 50K Hyatt and 50K Hyatt transfers into 30K Southwest.

In other words if you get 50K points from signing up for this credit card you can transfer 100K Ultimate Rewards points to Hyatt and then into 60K Southwest points, worth about $1,170 towards Southwest travel. Plus then you’ll have a companion pass so that you can bring your companion for free whenever you fly Southwest, so that $1,170 toward Southwest is really doubled to $2,340 because of the free companion ticket. Not a bad value for a 100K Ultimate Rewards transfer"

Are there any other methods besides for the one that Dan explained with Hyatt points.

TIA
To the nOObs out there, feel free to PM with q's. #AlwaysTakesTheHighRoad #LovesHashTags

Offline @Yehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1575 on: July 24, 2014, 07:25:57 PM »
Are there any other methods besides for the one that Dan explained with Hyatt points.

TIA
Yes. Open up 2 different SW cc's. There are 4 of them.

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: July 24, 2014, 08:01:09 PM »

Yes. Open up 2 different SW cc's. There are 4 of them.
Got it. Thanks! Just curious, does the 100k need to be per single account, what about a joint account with a spouse.
To the nOObs out there, feel free to PM with q's. #AlwaysTakesTheHighRoad #LovesHashTags

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1577 on: July 24, 2014, 08:02:39 PM »
No such thing.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: July 25, 2014, 11:16:12 AM »
Got it. Thanks! Just curious, does the 100k need to be per single account, what about a joint account with a spouse.

Single account. Get one to post in Jan 2015 to be covered in 2015 and 2016. Then, if the deal is still running, have your iyH wife do it for the following year :)

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: July 25, 2014, 11:19:41 AM »
Single account. Get one to post in Jan 2015 to be covered in 2015 and 2016. Then, if the deal is still running, have your iyH wife do it for the following year :)

I never knew DDF was a segula for shidduchim  ;) It's definitely a segulah for a honeymoon (See @Yehuda). He has one lucky wife. Not even dating now...