Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

To signup for credit cards you can click here or on the “other credit cards” tab on top of the DansDeals logo banner to view links for card offers. Then just click on the link to “View all card offers by issuing bank” and scroll down to view all card offers from the bank of your choice.

http://www.dansdeals.com/go/swa6
« Last edited by jj1000 on March 14, 2018, 12:51:58 PM »

Author Topic: Southwest Visa 50,000 bonus points  (Read 462271 times)

Offline 123ablack

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Southwest Visa 50,000 bonus points
« Reply #240 on: November 12, 2011, 10:19:35 PM »
Easy in IE and FF, tricky in Chrome to find though.
Personally I just wait for the ref numbers on the letters, but there's not really a reason for that.

Dan, I applied on Friday, can still some how retreive the 3 app IDs? (did a 3BM)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 13, 2011, 03:15:21 AM »
Do u happen to have the number of the new account department?

Check the FAQ thread for the application status number, methinks that should work for you.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline 123ablack

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 13, 2011, 03:32:35 AM »
Check the FAQ thread for the application status number, methinks that should work for you.

Thanks Asher,
Called App Status # twice but they say they dont have access to this info.. any other ideas? somebody here on DDF has mentioned contacting "New Accounts Department", i can't quite figure out which department this is and what number they could be reached at?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 13, 2011, 03:36:55 AM »
Thanks Asher,
Called App Status # twice but they say they dont have access to this info.. any other ideas? somebody here on DDF has mentioned contacting "New Accounts Department", i can't quite figure out which department this is and what number they could be reached at?

Try calling any Chase number and asking for New Accounts, get the toll free and PM Dan to add it to the FAQ :P
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline wow

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 13, 2011, 12:29:59 PM »
I applied for the Sapphire a little less than 6 months ago and got denied because I've opened too many credit cards recently and not enough credit history. Is it even worth trying to get this card, or do I have to wait at least 6 months?

Offline joey89

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 13, 2011, 12:44:10 PM »
Did a 2BM for sapphire preferred and SW when I call the chase application status line it tells me that one was approved and one is pending is there a way i can find out which one was approved

Offline YG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 13, 2011, 10:48:11 PM »
Is there any reason why one shouldn't be able to get both the SW rapid rewards plus and the SW RR premiere? 

Offline pianodude

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA, BA, DL, UA, SWA, SPG, IHG, Lifetime Fairmont Plat
Please Help!
« Reply #247 on: November 14, 2011, 03:17:57 PM »
I was approved for the SWA personal card in August; currently on the phone with reconsideration regarding the SWA Business card.  They are saying I will not get both 50K bonuses.  Anything I can say or do?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #248 on: November 14, 2011, 03:22:10 PM »
Tell them that's fine, you just want the card.  I'll bet you still get the bonus.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline pianodude

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA, BA, DL, UA, SWA, SPG, IHG, Lifetime Fairmont Plat
« Reply #249 on: November 14, 2011, 03:52:48 PM »
Tell them that's fine, you just want the card.  I'll bet you still get the bonus.

Dan, thanks for your prompt response.  I was just approved for the SWA Business card; I had them move some of my credit line from the British Airways card (my wife and I just drained our BA accounts for two Biz Class tix to HKG and BKK next fall).

With the 50K from August's Personal card, 50K from today's Business card (wish me luck!!), plus $10K in spend that I will rush through in the next few days, I hope to qualify for a companion pass for next year.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #250 on: November 14, 2011, 04:18:57 PM »
With the 50K from August's Personal card, 50K from today's Business card (wish me luck!!), plus $10K in spend that I will rush through in the next few days, I hope to qualify for a companion pass for next year.

Best part of the SWA cards IMHO... better hurry with that spending, and hope the bonus hits before 12/31.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline YG

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 14, 2011, 07:03:42 PM »
Is there any reason why one shouldn't be able to get both the SW rapid rewards plus and the SW RR premiere?

for the record, i just called CS and was told there's no reason not to get both
here goes.........
(4 cards approved with 3 hard pulls in the past two weeks, but before that none for years, and my credit score is around 750, and I REALLY want the 50k miles for no min. spend)

Offline aitchly

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Please Help!
« Reply #252 on: November 14, 2011, 07:41:15 PM »
I was approved for the SWA personal card in August; currently on the phone with reconsideration regarding the SWA Business card.  They are saying I will not get both 50K bonuses.  Anything I can say or do?
I was told the same thing.  Bonus received.

Always bet on black? Never bet against Dan?

Offline 123ablack

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 15, 2011, 01:20:13 PM »
Hi All,
I have been declined on the Southwest card (didn't wait for the denial letter - called in before with the reference number/appID)

Rep says I cannot be approved since I have been approved for the ink bold business and continental one pass within the past 2 days... I have tried convincing her to move credit from other cards but she won't listen.. She said its end of the deal..

Called again Recon (other #) rep was nice but asked me why do u call back when you were clearly told you can't get approved for this card. Tried barraging with him too but nothing would help...
Seems like they have it well notated..

Still anything I can do?

Thanks for your help.

Offline YG

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 15, 2011, 03:57:59 PM »

for the record, i just called CS and was told there's no reason not to get both
here goes.........
(4 cards approved with 3 hard pulls in the past two weeks, but before that none for years, and my credit score is around 750, and I REALLY want the 50k miles for no min. spend)

Denied.  too many recent requests for credit. 

Recon said they cant approve it, and cant split the credit because i was only issued 5,000 and thats the minimum for the credit line for the SW card.

I only have one card with chase - the SW RR Plus, other three recent ones were citi AA visa and amex, and amex delta gold.

any ideas re: what i can say to try to get them to recon again?  i don't want to just call again with nothing new to say, then they get stroppy - "you just spoke to someone and they said no!"

I would really like the 50k miles!

Thanx for all your help!

Offline Cashman

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2011, 03:33:13 PM »
Just received poster in the mail. That between October 15 and December 15. Redeem points for gift cards and save 20%.

Offline joey89

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 17, 2011, 01:33:46 PM »
Did a 2BM for sapphire preferred and SW when I call the chase application status line it tells me that one was approved and one is pending is there a way i can find out which one was approved
update: got the sapphire approved automatically, had to call recon for the SW got it approved after closing my BA, and got a larger credit line then i had with the BA

Offline kayef

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 17, 2011, 01:56:36 PM »
I did a 3bm for sw, united, and sapphire. The united was approved after a few days but the others were denied. The reason given on the sw denial was not enough income while the sapphire was denied for too many requests. Did anyone ever have that? Does the sw require a higher income than other cards?

Offline bruce

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 17, 2011, 02:18:58 PM »
Last Friday I did a double browser for the Chase SW and the Hyatt. Both were within 30 seconds of each other.

My identity monitor shows it as 2 pulls one on 11/15 and one on 11/17 and my credit score dipped.

Did this ever happen to anyone?

Is double browser becoming a thing of the past?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #259 on: November 17, 2011, 02:20:25 PM »
Is double browser becoming a thing of the past?

If by you getting two pulls instead of the elusive one on a non-guaranteed method of applying means thing of the past, yes.

If not, no.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper