Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

To signup for credit cards you can click here or on the “other credit cards” tab on top of the DansDeals logo banner to view links for card offers. Then just click on the link to “View all card offers by issuing bank” and scroll down to view all card offers from the bank of your choice.

http://www.dansdeals.com/go/swa6
« Last edited by jj1000 on March 14, 2018, 12:51:58 PM »

Author Topic: Southwest Visa 50,000 bonus points  (Read 462119 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Southwest Visa 50,000 bonus points
« Reply #400 on: May 19, 2012, 10:03:14 PM »
I was under the impression that they will bump you up to a better offer if that better offer is currently available, but will they bump you up to a better offer that is no longer publicly available? (At least I can't find anymore live links to the 50,000 point offer.)(If I could I wouldn't need a bump and this whole subject would be moot anyway.)
SWA, Ink Bold, UA Club, UA Explorer matches are all still live and none have public links.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 20, 2012, 01:49:59 AM »
Just so everyone knows the 50K match is alive an well :)
it probably helps that the offer is public on their website

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 20, 2012, 02:41:34 AM »
SWA, Ink Bold, UA Club, UA Explorer matches are all still live and none have public links.
Is the inkbold 5k spend /50k bonus still alive?

Offline chris22

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 20, 2012, 02:48:42 AM »
it probably helps that the offer is public on their website

Yes, it probably would help if it were on their website. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be at the moment. Guess I'll try another moment.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #404 on: May 20, 2012, 06:58:42 AM »
Is the inkbold 5k spend /50k bonus still alive?
The match is for 60k for 5k spend.

Yes, it probably would help if it were on their website. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be at the moment. Guess I'll try another moment.
Why wait when the match works perfectly right now?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline elik

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 20, 2012, 10:08:37 AM »
I recall a little while bacl Dan did a good piece about how best to get the extra 10000 miles to qualify for the companion pass - can anyone point me to it??

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 20, 2012, 08:47:34 PM »
Looks like all links to the 50k offers are now dead of this weekend. Does that mean no more signing up for the 25k version and sending SM to match to 50k?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 20, 2012, 08:56:04 PM »
Looks like all links to the 50k offers are now dead of this weekend. Does that mean no more signing up for the 25k version and sending SM to match to 50k?
No, there's not necessarily a correlation (e.g. Ink Bold 60K still going strong)

Offline ez1985

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 20, 2012, 11:09:49 PM »
I called after I signed up and gave a link for the 50k offer ( which is now dead). They said they would send in a request to marketing. I called backa few days later and they said it was successful. I looked now after my points posted and there is only 25k. I called them to check on it and the rep said she only sees a request in the notes but no response. She said she will send in the request again but she doesn't know of any 50 k links. Am I screwed?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 20, 2012, 11:10:58 PM »
I called after I signed up and gave a link for the 50k offer ( which is now dead). They said they would send in a request to marketing. I called backa few days later and they said it was successful. I looked now after my points posted and there is only 25k. I called them to check on it and the rep said she only sees a request in the notes but no response. She said she will send in the request again but she doesn't know of any 50 k links. Am I screwed?
That's why it's called an SM match.

Offline ZCN

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 20, 2012, 11:30:44 PM »
You don't need a link to do an sm match.

Any idea how long the match via SM will last until? are we talking several weeks, months?

Offline Tim_in_NC

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 21, 2012, 09:45:08 AM »
Hi all ...

I signed up for the 25,000 point Southwest/Chase card this weekend and began reading this post ...

Can someone please explain to me what an "SM" is and do you simply send an email to someone within Chase linking a website that still shows the deal (but doesn't necessarily go to a page to fill out) and ask if they will match?  Anyone in particular that you need to send this note to?

thanks
TIM

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #412 on: May 21, 2012, 01:26:56 PM »
Hi all ...

I signed up for the 25,000 point Southwest/Chase card this weekend and began reading this post ...

Can someone please explain to me what an "SM" is and do you simply send an email to someone within Chase linking a website that still shows the deal (but doesn't necessarily go to a page to fill out) and ask if they will match?  Anyone in particular that you need to send this note to?

thanks
TIM
Hi Tim and welcome to ddf!!! A SM stands for secure message. When you log into your chase acount online you will see in the uper right corner the "secure message center" click on that. Next select create new meesage and choose "Rewards Inquiry" and select "Go". Simple select you SW cc card number, other rewards inquiry and write up a message that looks something like this

"To whom it may concern,

I just found an offer that states after your first purchase with your Southwest credit card you will receive 50k Southwest miles. This is an increase of 25k compared to my current promotion. I would like you to honor the 50k Southwest airline points promotion.

Thank you,

Tim"

Hope this helps and good luck!
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Tim_in_NC

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 21, 2012, 01:41:49 PM »
Hi Tim and welcome to ddf!!! A SM stands for secure message. When you log into your chase acount online you will see in the uper right corner the "secure message center" click on that. Next select create new meesage and choose "Rewards Inquiry" and select "Go". Simple select you SW cc card number, other rewards inquiry and write up a message that looks something like this

"To whom it may concern,

I just found an offer that states after your first purchase with your Southwest credit card you will receive 50k Southwest miles. This is an increase of 25k compared to my current promotion. I would like you to honor the 50k Southwest airline points promotion.

Thank you,

Tim"

Thank you JJ1000 ... looks like I'll just need to wait for the card to arrive in the mail so that I can log onto the Chase website ... or would it be better to call in and ask about honoring the 50k promo ...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:52:59 PM by Tim_in_NC »

Offline chris22

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 21, 2012, 01:55:36 PM »

"To whom it may concern,

Thank you,

Tim"

Do they ever ask for some sort of evidence to this better offer or do they just take your word for it? There aren't any old links working that will show them the original offer that I can find. But if they're just taking your word for it, I think I'll say I've seen an offer for 100,000 points. (Actually I won't, but just sayin'...)

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #415 on: May 21, 2012, 02:01:56 PM »
Do they ever ask for some sort of evidence to this better offer or do they just take your word for it? There aren't any old links working that will show them the original offer that I can find. But if they're just taking your word for it, I think I'll say I've seen an offer for 100,000 points. (Actually I won't, but just sayin'...)
They know what they can match and what they can't match. Some offers that are not common (a targeted or short lived offer) may require proof of the offer to better your odds of a match while still not guaranteeing it. In this case the offer was already matched by thousands of people so the proof is not required. As far as everyone wondering how long this match will stay alive for. How could anyone possibly know? We are not chase bank rewards department reps. You can try a match,  I think it will work since I was matched over the weekend but as always YMMV.

Offline Tim_in_NC

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 21, 2012, 02:05:19 PM »
Should I wait for my card to arrive and ask through the SM on the website or should I go ahead and call today and attempt to get the match ...

TIM

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 21, 2012, 02:08:45 PM »
Should I wait for my card to arrive and ask through the SM on the website or should I go ahead and call today and attempt to get the match ...

TIM
I would do it as soon as your card is view-able on chase.com. If the card is in the mail then you should be able to see it. Plus they usually can not help you over the phone without providing them the full card number which you won't have until your card arrives.

Offline Tim_in_NC

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 21, 2012, 02:15:50 PM »
I would do it as soon as your card is view-able on chase.com. If the card is in the mail then you should be able to see it. Plus they usually can not help you over the phone without providing them the full card number which you won't have until your card arrives.

Maybe I'm missing something but I was thinking that I needed my Card Account Number in order to create an account and view info on Chase.com ...

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 21, 2012, 02:17:58 PM »
Maybe I'm missing something but I was thinking that I needed my Card Account Number in order to create an account and view info on Chase.com ...
if it is ur first chase cc and u dont have a chase bank account then yes u need to wait till u get the card