Author Topic: Israel Piloting new EVisa Application  (Read 311 times)

Offline LongTimeLurker

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Israel Piloting new EVisa Application
« on: March 01, 2024, 03:00:47 AM »
From the marker in Hebrew
https://archive.is/ymvOW

Israel is going to pilot a new visa waiver app in the coming months.
Visitors from countries that do not require a visa will have to fill out a form up to two weeks before departure and get an authorization, similar to the US ESTA system.

After the pilot finishes, it will cost around 25 nis. Does not mention how long it's valid for and what about people who come and go a lot.

Edited to add: I'm not sure on what regulatory basis the Immigration Authority gets to do this. I mean yes it's Israel so probably based on some old Turkish law but this is something id expect to see approved by a Knesset committee.

Additionally for countries that are not on a waiver they are rolling out an electronic visa form in the next few weeks so people can apply online.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 03:43:58 AM by LongTimeLurker »

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
Re: Israel Piloting new EVisa Application
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2024, 01:20:08 AM »
I posted this last year  :)

It's probably related to the upcoming reforms aimed at smoothing entries into the country

https://twitter.com/gotomichal/status/1695772310618214738?t=_q--kHYvI8O8EvVVXTcVZA&s=19

I just randomly came across this:

Israel will launch its new “Marom” travel authorization system for all foreign visitors to Israel, including U.S. citizens.  When the “Marom” system is fully operational (currently planned for May 2024), all U.S. citizens – including those residing in the West Bank – will be able to utilize that system for travel to and through Israel. 

https://www.state.gov/israels-commitments-to-extend-reciprocal-privileges-to-all-u-s-citizens/

And when I googled Marom, this comes up. Seems to be the website being developed - can't open yet

Offline tavster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2024, 01:30:30 AM »
I've been speculating that, perhaps, US citizen with the e-visa will be authorized to use the same lane as Israelis at immigration, and in exchange Israelis will have access to Global Entry, or not  ???

Offline LongTimeLurker

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2024, 02:42:24 AM »
I posted this last year  :)
Man I got so excited I was finally gonna hit ddms (weird goals I know), of course you saw it first. Well now we know it's about to launch

Offline tavster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2024, 04:20:38 AM »
Man I got so excited I was finally gonna hit ddms (weird goals I know), of course you saw it first. Well now we know it's about to launch
You can have my Hat Tip  ;)