Topic Wiki

https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/milespoints/final-days-transfer-amex-points-el-al-mileage-deal-decade-everything-need-know-booking-el-al-awards-qantas/

You can transfer AMEX Or Citi points to Qantas at a 1:1 ratio, Barclays points at a 1.4:1 ratio, Capital One points at a 2:1.5 ratio, or Marriott points to Qantas at a 60K:25K ratio.

Qantas doesn’t charge fuel surcharges for El Al flights.
Infants are free (besides taxes). They also get a regular checked baggage allowance of 23 kg.

QF runs regular transfer bonus promos. Be sure to transfer 500 points into your account and opt in for emails to get targeted.

Search availability on elal.com
Flights are bookable from NYC, BOS, MIA, and LAX.

SMS is the easiest way to contact Qantas. The number is 1-478-772-6827. This can be used for airports that are unavailable online.

NYC-TLV is 37.8k points each way in Y, 63k in premium economy and 78k in J.
On 9/18/19 premium economy will be going up to 70.8k and J will be going up to 90k (each way).
Cancellation fee is 6k points.
« Last edited by Dan on July 01, 2019, 09:46:55 PM »

Author Topic: Booking El Al with Qantas - master thread  (Read 128657 times)

Offline davidd75

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Booking El Al with Qantas - master thread
« Reply #1290 on: November 04, 2020, 02:43:30 PM »
The point is that if it is available it is better to use QF

key here is IF.  If no availability in Jan how does this bode for months more in demand.  EY really needs to get on aboard with other more successful award programs.

deals that are subject to availability and they don't make anything available are most of the time worthless

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 115
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #1291 on: November 04, 2020, 03:13:04 PM »
key here is IF.  If no availability in Jan how does this bode for months more in demand.  EY really needs to get on aboard with other more successful award programs.

deals that are subject to availability and they don't make anything available are most of the time worthless
While you're at it, please tell Delta and United to release more saver space as well....

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: November 04, 2020, 03:54:46 PM »
While you're at it, please tell Delta and United to release more saver space as well....

huh? 

United is wide open in Jan and don't block their seats with ANA and Turkish and EY has 0 availability in Jan through QF

Online mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #1293 on: November 04, 2020, 05:30:59 PM »
huh? 

United is wide open in Jan and don't block their seats with ANA and Turkish and EY has 0 availability in Jan through QF
Probably because QF can't book EY They only book EK. Either way I am referring to J seats

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: November 04, 2020, 05:55:19 PM »
Probably because QF can't book EY They only book EK. Either way I am referring to J seats

oops I made an error meant LY not EY.
At the end of the day United is making this route NYC-TLV wide open for award availability with United miles or partner miles while LY is blocking awards for this route the whole month of Jan.  That's just bad business and crazy on LY part.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: November 04, 2020, 05:57:54 PM »
oops I made an error meant LY not EY.
At the end of the day United is making this route NYC-TLV wide open for award availability with United miles or partner miles while LY is blocking awards for this route the whole month of Jan.  That's just bad business and crazy on LY part.
United is wide open in J?

Online avrohomgelb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: November 05, 2020, 12:10:59 AM »
Yes if you have the Explorer

Offline yandmk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: November 05, 2020, 02:32:54 AM »
Yes if you have the Explorer
Explorer only gives expanded space in economy.

Online avrohomgelb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: November 05, 2020, 09:47:39 AM »
Explorer only gives expanded space in economy.
My bad.

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: November 05, 2020, 10:26:51 AM »

maybe not as open as economy but my point was mostly for economy and even in J more than 0!

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: November 05, 2020, 11:07:56 AM »
maybe not as open as economy but my point was mostly for economy and even in J more than 0!
So your point is that if one seat is available in J via QF you will be happy?

I dont get your point... United has more availability using their own miles, Delta doesnt release much, and how exactly does it benefit LY to release a ton of seats to QF? That doesnt help their program or even their airline,

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: November 05, 2020, 12:28:28 PM »
So your point is that if one seat is available in J via QF you will be happy?

I dont get your point... United has more availability using their own miles, Delta doesnt release much, and how exactly does it benefit LY to release a ton of seats to QF? That doesnt help their program or even their airline,

Let me clarify.  My point again is that for Economy award flights on this route(EWR-TLV) United has plenty availability both with their points and partner points and they don't block their availability on partner airlines whereas LY does blocks their awards on this route using QF points to the tune of 0 flights at least in Jan.    Don't you think LY is  continuing to turn off customers; preventing more seats booked on their flights for those wanting to use QF points; creating a bad name for themselves when compared to United etc............... If LY is participating with QF then at least make it doable!  Again 0 options in Jan on this route Economy is pathetic.  How much more do you want me to explain?

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: November 05, 2020, 03:33:06 PM »
Let me clarify.  My point again is that for Economy award flights on this route(EWR-TLV) United has plenty availability both with their points and partner points and they don't block their availability on partner airlines whereas LY does blocks their awards on this route using QF points to the tune of 0 flights at least in Jan.    Don't you think LY is  continuing to turn off customers; preventing more seats booked on their flights for those wanting to use QF points; creating a bad name for themselves when compared to United etc............... If LY is participating with QF then at least make it doable!  Again 0 options in Jan on this route Economy is pathetic.  How much more do you want me to explain?
LY does not really care if you can book via QF and no I dont think their customers get turned off because they are blocking seats from going to QF, maybe DDF readers get upset, but not LY customers

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: November 05, 2020, 05:21:48 PM »
LY does not really care if you can book via QF and no I dont think their customers get turned off because they are blocking seats from going to QF, maybe DDF readers get upset, but not LY customers

maybe...but consider that LY would get paid by those using QF points so they may be leaving some seats open unnecessarily especially in these times when they are not expected to fill to capacity; also how does it look in general to anyone who uses points (DF readers or others) when LY on paper participate with QF but practically block a whole month?  I just don't see that as generating good-will business.

Offline bmw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: November 06, 2020, 12:17:25 AM »
jan 5 tlv to nyc is available in  economy and premium economy