Topic Wiki

https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/milespoints/final-days-transfer-amex-points-el-al-mileage-deal-decade-everything-need-know-booking-el-al-awards-qantas/

You can transfer AMEX Or Citi points to Qantas at a 1:1 ratio, Barclays points at a 1.4:1 ratio, Capital One points at a 2:1.5 ratio, or Marriott points to Qantas at a 60K:25K ratio.

Qantas doesn’t charge fuel surcharges for El Al flights.
Infants are free (besides taxes). They also get a regular checked baggage allowance of 23 kg.

QF runs regular transfer bonus promos. Be sure to transfer 500 points into your account and opt in for emails to get targeted.

Search availability on elal.com
Flights are bookable from NYC, BOS, MIA, and LAX.

SMS is the easiest way to contact Qantas. The number is 1-478-772-6827. This can be used for airports that are unavailable online.

NYC-TLV is 37.8k points each way in Y, 63k in premium economy and 78k in J.
On 9/18/19 premium economy will be going up to 70.8k and J will be going up to 90k (each way).
Cancellation fee is 6k points.
« Last edited by Dan on July 01, 2019, 09:46:55 PM »

Author Topic: Booking El Al with Qantas - master thread  (Read 305338 times)

Offline Denverite

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Booking El Al with Qantas - master thread
« Reply #320 on: March 01, 2019, 07:05:11 PM »
Please help me, I transferred Marriott Rewards to Qantas it's still not showing up in my account, i emergency need to book the Sunday morning flight tlv-jfk, any suggestions? can anyone here book for me for exchange? please help  Its 63k

Not totally related but I wouldn’t hold your breath as my last Marriott to Airline transfer took almost a month to Post!  >:(

Offline zow

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 04, 2019, 08:49:53 AM »
Data point: my experience booking LY BOS-TLV in J with QF.

It is well known that this routing does not show on qantas.com. Others have reported being able to book it by phone, though some have had to HUCA.

I called and got an agent who said she could see availability but that she could not book it.  Said the only LY US gateways they could book were NYC and LAX.  She asked a manager and confirmed.   Click.

When I called back, I decided to try their SMS option, because estimated hold time was approaching 90 minutes.  Turned out this was a great option.  The agent first asked what kind of error message I was getting when trying to book it online.  I then explained that the routing is known not to show online but that my associates have been able to book it by phone.

After a small amount of back and forth, she was able to book it for me.  She sent me a link to a secure form for my CC payment of taxes  (AUD 47.30).   After payment was confirmed, I got the PNR, and then I went online and inputted the APIS info.  All very smooth.   

The number to text (from US only) is (478) 772-6827.

Offline shapsam

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 04, 2019, 09:11:34 AM »

It is well known that this routing does not show on qantas.com. Others have reported being able to book it by phone, though some have had to HUCA.

I called and got an agent who said she could see availability but that she could not book it.  Said the only LY US gateways they could book were NYC and LAX.  She asked a manager and confirmed.   Click.

When I called back, I decided to try their SMS option, because estimated hold time was approaching 90 minutes.  Turned out this was a great option.  The agent first asked what kind of error message I was getting when trying to book it online.  I then explained that the routing is known not to show online but that my associates have been able to book it by phone.

After a small amount of back and forth, she was able to book it for me.  She sent me a link to a secure form for my CC payment of taxes  (AUD 47.30).   After payment was confirmed, I got the PNR, and then I went online and inputted the APIS info.  All very smooth.   

Thanks for the tip!

Make sure it's ticketed.

Offline zow

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 04, 2019, 09:15:33 AM »
Thanks for the tip!

Make sure it's ticketed.
Right! Thanks for that tip, too. They said it will take  24 to ticket, so I’m watching. 

Offline KSMH

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 04, 2019, 09:24:37 AM »

I'd think that all destinations were to work now, with some extra will power.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline thaber

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 04, 2019, 09:51:56 AM »
Please help me, I transferred Marriott Rewards to Qantas it's still not showing up in my account, i emergency need to book the Sunday morning flight tlv-jfk, any suggestions? can anyone here book for me for exchange? please help  Its 63k
Not totally related but I wouldn’t hold your breath as my last Marriott to Airline transfer took almost a month to Post!  >:(
+1. My experience detailed up thread somewhere

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 04, 2019, 09:53:33 AM »

Thank you for posting! Going to try this with MIA

Offline shmuels2

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 07, 2019, 05:11:45 PM »
Thank you for posting! Going to try this with MIA

Any luck? So far once been told a few times it can't be done.

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 07, 2019, 05:43:54 PM »
Any luck? So far once been told a few times it can't be done.
Haven't tried yet

Offline shimino1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 10, 2019, 05:25:21 PM »
LY TLV-NYC booked with Qantas.
If I add an Infant later will they only charge the taxes?

Thanks!

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: June 11, 2019, 12:35:04 AM »
Anyone else having the business column not showing up for any flights? I only see Economy or Premium Economy. I can't even see if business is available at all.

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #331 on: June 11, 2019, 12:41:02 AM »
Anyone else having the business column not showing up for any flights? I only see Economy or Premium Economy. I can't even see if business is available at all.
If it's not available on any flights the column doesn't show.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 11, 2019, 12:43:12 AM »
If it's not available on any flights the column doesn't show.
Thanks. Good to know. My points didn't transfer instantly, and I need it now... :(

ETA: It shows in the Qantas points history, but for some reason it is not usable yet, and I need to book a family member for a levaya...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 12:49:08 AM by yelped »

Offline shapsam

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 11, 2019, 12:52:13 AM »
Thanks. Good to know. My points didn't transfer instantly, and I need it now... :(

ETA: It shows in the Qantas points history, but for some reason it is not usable yet, and I need to book a family member for a levaya...
Did you log out and log in?

Offline yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 11, 2019, 12:53:14 AM »
Did you log out and log in?
Yes. Tried incognito, too.

ETA: I was going crazy logging in and out a hundred times and figured I'll try logging in to the Australian Qantas site and it showed up there. Booked. Thanks everyone.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 01:10:26 AM by yelped »

Offline mitzeahnow

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 11, 2019, 01:50:28 PM »
I'd think that all destinations were to work now, with some extra will power.

I tried really hard but to no avail. Many hours many calls super long wait times, plus I tried multiple times SMS got close once but in the end they found the flight from MIA to TLV which is a battle on its own but eventually they couldnt figure out how to actually book it.

I was also randomly disconnected multiple times. would love to hear from someone how to guide them to get it done.
Thanks in advance

Offline mitzeahnow

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 11, 2019, 01:52:08 PM »

if you have any tips on how to guide them to actually do the booking Id love to know.
I was unfortunately not successful
Thanks

Offline zow

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 11, 2019, 01:55:08 PM »
if you have any tips on how to guide them to actually do the booking Id love to know.
I was unfortunately not successful
Thanks
I wish I had some specific tips, but I just got lucky I guess.  It is still not ticketed, so I’m holding my breath a little bit. 

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #338 on: June 11, 2019, 01:58:06 PM »
I wish I had some specific tips, but I just got lucky I guess.  It is still not ticketed, so I’m holding my breath a little bit.
Give up on that. PUTPAC.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline shmuels2

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 11, 2019, 02:50:50 PM »
Haven't tried yet

Successfully booked via sms.