Topic Wiki

https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/milespoints/final-days-transfer-amex-points-el-al-mileage-deal-decade-everything-need-know-booking-el-al-awards-qantas/

You can transfer AMEX Or Citi points to Qantas at a 1:1 ratio, Barclays points at a 1.4:1 ratio, Capital One points at a 2:1.5 ratio, or Marriott points to Qantas at a 60K:25K ratio.

Qantas doesn’t charge fuel surcharges for El Al flights.
Infants are free (besides taxes). They also get a regular checked baggage allowance of 23 kg.

QF runs regular transfer bonus promos. Be sure to transfer 500 points into your account and opt in for emails to get targeted.

Search availability on elal.com
Flights are bookable from NYC, BOS, MIA, and LAX.

SMS is the easiest way to contact Qantas. The number is 1-478-772-6827. This can be used for airports that are unavailable online.

NYC-TLV is 37.8k points each way in Y, 63k in premium economy and 78k in J.
On 9/18/19 premium economy will be going up to 70.8k and J will be going up to 90k (each way).
Cancellation fee is 6k points.
« Last edited by Dan on July 01, 2019, 09:46:55 PM »

Author Topic: Booking El Al with Qantas - master thread  (Read 305319 times)

Offline yandmk

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
Re: Booking El Al with Qantas - master thread
« Reply #440 on: June 20, 2019, 08:52:52 PM »
Yup she’s right, I booked this week. 24 hours later they sent the email for the info and 24 hours later got the ticketed itinerary.
Thanks for the DP. Greatly appreciated!

Offline theblakdavid

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 20, 2019, 08:58:30 PM »
Booked last night and still no tickets either. Had received an email saying to some TSA required info missing or booking will get cancelled. I added online and still nothing. Called QF today and they said if departure isn't in the coming days it can take up to 48 hours. She promised it's on the queue to be ticketed. I hope she's right. I'm still holding my breath...
Ya that’s what I got as well- email for required info , which I filled out.
Yup she’s right, I booked this week. 24 hours later they sent the email for the info and 24 hours later got the ticketed itinerary.
Thanks for the dp

Offline US

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 20, 2019, 09:10:31 PM »
Booked a few hours ago, but qantas points still in my account- anyone have that happen? Ticket shows up in elal, no idea how to tell if ticketed or whatever
Booked yesterday and points still shoe up in account, and it's ticketed. It takes time till they remove the points from your account.

Offline US

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 20, 2019, 09:16:56 PM »
Booked last night and still no tickets either. Had received an email saying to some TSA required info missing or booking will get cancelled. I added online and still nothing. Called QF today and they said if departure isn't in the coming days it can take up to 48 hours. She promised it's on the queue to be ticketed. I hope she's right. I'm still holding my breath...
Takes time, If you want you text them, booked 2 tickets 1 ticket was sent within 48 hours and 1 within 12 hours. So might take up to 48 hours.

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 22, 2019, 07:42:38 PM »
It was nearly 72 hrs already, and still no charge to cc and no ticket #'s, but by now the points have been deducted. Called back and they said their having some error, will deal with it Monday morning when the appropriate dep. is back in office and she will call me back. I insisted that I was afraid the booking would expire until then and more award seats were no longer available. After another hold, she told me that they managed to ticket it. Still no email confirmation (almost an hour), but by now my cc was charged and I see ticket numbers on elal.com
Also, booked the infant online with no issues B"H. El Al website shows a ticket number for the infant, too. Paid only taxes.

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 22, 2019, 10:45:26 PM »
My understanding is that EL AL tickets need to manually ticketed/reviewed and the office that does so is not open on weekends. Its possible there are other issues as well.

I was told the above by a rep.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline israshot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 22, 2019, 11:26:53 PM »
Booked a few hours ago, but Qantas points still in my account- anyone has that happen? The ticket shows up in elal, no idea how to tell if ticketed or whatever
Yup, she’s right, I booked this week. 24 hours later they sent the email for the info and 24 hours later got the ticketed itinerary.
Booked yesterday and points still shoe up in account, and it's ticketed. It takes time till they remove the points from your account.
Takes time, If you want you to text them, booked 2 tickets 1 ticket was sent within 48 hours and 1 within 12 hours. So might take up to 48 hours.
It was nearly 72 hrs already, and still no charge to cc and no ticket #'s, but by now the points have been deducted. Called back and they said they're having some error, will deal with it Monday morning when the appropriate dept. is back in office and she will call me back. I insisted that I was afraid the booking would expire until then and more award seats were no longer available. After another hold, she told me that they managed to ticket it. Still no email confirmation (almost an hour), but by now my cc was charged and I see ticket numbers on elal.com
Also, booked the infant online with no issues B"H. El Al website shows a ticket number for the infant, too. Paid only taxes.
Text (478) 772-6827‬ they will issue it in a few minutes and you'll see the points deducted. It's Qantas that has to do it manually.

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 23, 2019, 11:42:37 AM »
Text (478) 772-6827‬ they will issue it in a few minutes and you'll see the points deducted. It's Qantas that has to do it manually.
Can't text them from IL

Offline israshot

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 23, 2019, 11:43:03 AM »
Can't text them from Israel
Google voice.

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 23, 2019, 11:55:54 AM »
Google voice.
If one has one already. I don't think it can be set up from IL. CMIIW

Offline israshot

• View Profile
« Reply #450 on: June 23, 2019, 11:56:39 AM »
If one has one already. I don't think it can be set up from IL. CMIIW
VPN.
But wrong thread.

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 23, 2019, 11:57:50 AM »
VPN.
But wrong thread.
Link to the correct thread?

Offline israshot

• View Profile

Offline yandmk

• View Profile

Offline KidOOO

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 23, 2019, 01:04:30 PM »
book an infant in a seat (full ticket), if I choose infant it won't give me a seat, if I choose 2 and above it won't let me enter his correct birthday

is it ok to enter a year earlier for his birthday so the system will accept or not?

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #455 on: June 23, 2019, 01:06:21 PM »
book an infant in a seat (full ticket), if I choose infant it won't give me a seat, if I choose 2 and above it won't let me enter his correct birthday

is it ok to enter a year earlier for his birthday so the system will accept or not?
It's not a problem.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline KidOOO

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 23, 2019, 01:07:42 PM »

Offline KidOOO

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 23, 2019, 01:13:32 PM »
My understanding is that EL AL tickets need to manually ticketed/reviewed and the office that does so is not open on weekends. Its possible there are other issues as well.

I was told the above by a rep.

Just Booked NYC-TLV in Econ got etickets instantly from qantas, but elal still says needs to confirm payment. is that an issue?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 01:27:04 PM by KidOOO »

Offline vanilla

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 23, 2019, 04:35:21 PM »
I cancelled TLV-JFK within 24 hours, and was charged 6k cancellation fee.
I tried to explain to the SMS agent that the Conditions of Carriage specify (section 5.3):

"In accordance with US Department of Transportation rules, customers who purchase a ticket in the United States for travel on Qantas may cancel their reservations and have their ticket refunded without charge within 24 hours of ticketing when the ticket is purchased one week or more prior to scheduled departure of the first flight in the itinerary."

https://www.qantas.com/us/en/book-a-trip/flights/conditions-of-carriage.html#-fare

The agent responded (see screenshot): "That pertains to a purchased ticket in the United States for travel on Qantas. Where in your flight is with LY"

Is the agent correct, that when booking LY via QF a cancellation fee is charged even within 24 hours?

Or is it because the flight originates from TLV?
My only residence is in the US, which is the address on file with Qantas.
Same goes for my CC and phone number.

Offline shimino1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 23, 2019, 04:37:42 PM »
I cancelled TLV-JFK within 24 hours, and was charged 6k cancellation fee.
I tried to explain to the SMS agent that the Conditions of Carriage specify (section 5.3):

"In accordance with US Department of Transportation rules, customers who purchase a ticket in the United States for travel on Qantas may cancel their reservations and have their ticket refunded without charge within 24 hours of ticketing when the ticket is purchased one week or more prior to scheduled departure of the first flight in the itinerary."

https://www.qantas.com/us/en/book-a-trip/flights/conditions-of-carriage.html#-fare

The agent responded (see screenshot): "That pertains to a purchased ticket in the United States for travel on Qantas. Where in your flight is with LY"

Is the agent correct, that when booking LY via QF a cancellation fee is charged even within 24 hours?

Or is it because the flight originates from TLV?
My only residence is in the US, which is the address on file with Qantas.
Same goes for my CC and phone number.
Dont think they are correct. Huca or complain to the DOT.