Topic Wiki

https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/milespoints/final-days-transfer-amex-points-el-al-mileage-deal-decade-everything-need-know-booking-el-al-awards-qantas/

You can transfer AMEX Or Citi points to Qantas at a 1:1 ratio, Barclays points at a 1.4:1 ratio, Capital One points at a 2:1.5 ratio, or Marriott points to Qantas at a 60K:25K ratio.

Qantas doesn’t charge fuel surcharges for El Al flights.
Infants are free (besides taxes). They also get a regular checked baggage allowance of 23 kg.

QF runs regular transfer bonus promos. Be sure to transfer 500 points into your account and opt in for emails to get targeted.

Search availability on elal.com
Flights are bookable from NYC, BOS, MIA, and LAX.

SMS is the easiest way to contact Qantas. The number is 1-478-772-6827. This can be used for airports that are unavailable online.

NYC-TLV is 37.8k points each way in Y, 63k in premium economy and 78k in J.
On 9/18/19 premium economy will be going up to 70.8k and J will be going up to 90k (each way).
Cancellation fee is 6k points.
« Last edited by Dan on July 01, 2019, 09:46:55 PM »

Author Topic: Booking El Al with Qantas - master thread  (Read 305296 times)

Offline chinagel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Booking El Al with Qantas - master thread
« Reply #500 on: June 25, 2019, 09:12:38 PM »
I just booked with an infant today, charge is pending, points are still there. How do I tell if it ticketed?

Offline yandmk

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 25, 2019, 09:17:45 PM »
I just booked with an infant today, charge is pending, points are still there. How do I tell if it ticketed?
Check elal.com if you see a ticket number.

If your cc was charged, it's likely ticketed.

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 25, 2019, 09:32:45 PM »
Check elal.com if you see a ticket number.

If your cc was charged, it's likely ticketed.
I checked elal and i dont see a ticket number, I got this email.
"Dear MR xxxx xxxxx,

As you are travelling to, from, or within the United States soon, we'd like to remind you of the US Government requirements to provide your details before you depart.

We need some information urgently

Let us know the date of birth for all passengers in your itinerary as soon as possible. Without this information your booking could be cancelled.

What you need to do:

Step 1: Retrieve your booking

Step 2: Provide your Advance Passenger Information and Secure Flight Passenger Data before we can issue your tickets. This information is mandatory for travel to the US.

Step 3: Your tickets will be issued once this information has been received."
It won't let me update without putting in all the passport info. Can I just ignore this email?

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 25, 2019, 10:02:33 PM »
I checked elal and i dont see a ticket number, I got this email.
"Dear MR xxxx xxxxx,

As you are travelling to, from, or within the United States soon, we'd like to remind you of the US Government requirements to provide your details before you depart.

We need some information urgently

Let us know the date of birth for all passengers in your itinerary as soon as possible. Without this information your booking could be cancelled.

What you need to do:

Step 1: Retrieve your booking

Step 2: Provide your Advance Passenger Information and Secure Flight Passenger Data before we can issue your tickets. This information is mandatory for travel to the US.

Step 3: Your tickets will be issued once this information has been received."
It won't let me update without putting in all the passport info. Can I just ignore this email?
Yup! This is the email that comes on the bookings with infants... Enjoy your waiting time....

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 25, 2019, 10:05:52 PM »
Yup! This is the email that comes on the bookings with infants... Enjoy your waiting time....
Anything I need to do or just wait?

Offline Jkhein

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 25, 2019, 11:17:38 PM »
Ok. I think I figured out what causes the delayed ticketing. It's flights to/from the US that have an infant.
Reason is that TSA requires them to collect DOB and gender info, and by all passengers there's a "title" field where they can determine the gender from that. Besides the infant, where there's no field for title or for gender.
After multiple bookings in the past few weeks, all tickets were issued within the hour automatically, besides the 2 PNR's that included infants.
On those I received an email requesting critical TSA required info that's missing and that the tickets would be issued as soon as that's added. And in the first case, it wasn't issued until after 72 hours when I called for the second time and put a lot of pressure on them to issue instantly. And the second time is today, where it's already been a few hours since I added the info requested, and nothing.... No points deducted... No cc charge yet.... No ticket numbers. It looks like I might just need to call again (or SMS once I figure out how to use GV from IL)
Sorry but wrong. I never booked with infant but have the same story. I booked another ticket yesterday for one adult, been almost 24 hours, points still not deducted and not ticketed

Offline JACKBLUE

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 25, 2019, 11:21:48 PM »
Ok. I think I figured out what causes the delayed ticketing. It's flights to/from the US that have an infant.
Reason is that TSA requires them to collect DOB and gender info, and by all passengers there's a "title" field where they can determine the gender from that. Besides the infant, where there's no field for title or for gender.
After multiple bookings in the past few weeks, all tickets were issued within the hour automatically, besides the 2 PNR's that included infants.
On those I received an email requesting critical TSA required info that's missing and that the tickets would be issued as soon as that's added. And in the first case, it wasn't issued until after 72 hours when I called for the second time and put a lot of pressure on them to issue instantly. And the second time is today, where it's already been a few hours since I added the info requested, and nothing.... No points deducted... No cc charge yet.... No ticket numbers. It looks like I might just need to call again (or SMS once I figure out how to use GV from IL)
same experience here...

Offline JACKBLUE

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 26, 2019, 12:59:51 AM »
I made 2 bookings today.
1. Adult and child, points deducted, no email received. Showing ticket numbers on LY.
2. Adult and infant, points not deducted, received email that I need to update info, did it still no email. Not showing ticket numbers on LY.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 01:11:36 AM by JACKBLUE »

Offline JACKBLUE

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 26, 2019, 01:17:58 AM »
Text (478) 772-6827‬ they will issue it in a few minutes and you'll see the points deducted. It's Qantas that has to do it manually.
They aren’t being very helpful for me, keep getting a txt every few min (for the past 4 hours) that an agent will look into it.

Offline Hjay

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 26, 2019, 01:32:57 AM »

To avoid this issue would I be able to book the reg fix and once ticketed add infant?

Offline JACKBLUE

• View Profile
« Reply #510 on: June 26, 2019, 06:37:14 AM »
I made 2 bookings today.
1. Adult and child, points deducted, no email received. Showing ticket numbers on LY.
2. Adult and infant, points not deducted, received email that I need to update info, did it still no email. Not showing ticket numbers on LY.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Update: now showing tickets numbers for all on LY.

Offline israshot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 26, 2019, 07:36:00 AM »
Yes, was an infant with me too. SMS work within few hours.

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 26, 2019, 10:37:07 AM »
Update: now showing tickets numbers for all on LY.
So apparently texting is what did the trick for you, because still nothing by me...

Offline JACKBLUE

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 26, 2019, 10:41:18 AM »
So apparently texting is what did the trick for you, because still nothing by me...
Yup

Offline theyankel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 26, 2019, 04:07:01 PM »
just booked 2 LY ewr-tlv-ewr in j
312,000 QF plus $114 so 156k and $57/ each.
i previously booked OW jfk-tlv and paid $29.
is $57 the correct amount for r/t?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #515 on: June 26, 2019, 04:08:10 PM »
DDMS.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline theyankel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 26, 2019, 04:09:33 PM »

Offline Naftuli19

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
« Reply #517 on: June 26, 2019, 04:11:49 PM »
Did u transfer from amex? u got the 44% bonus?
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 26, 2019, 04:24:46 PM »

Update: Was just ticketed about a half hour ago without any calling/texting. (about 24 hours total)

If I want to make a date change, will they allow it free before midnight UK time (ex-TLV)?

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 26, 2019, 06:33:32 PM »
Anyone? Is there ANY grace period for cancelling QF bookings free? Same day?