Topic Wiki

https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/milespoints/final-days-transfer-amex-points-el-al-mileage-deal-decade-everything-need-know-booking-el-al-awards-qantas/

You can transfer AMEX Or Citi points to Qantas at a 1:1 ratio, Barclays points at a 1.4:1 ratio, Capital One points at a 2:1.5 ratio, or Marriott points to Qantas at a 60K:25K ratio.

Qantas doesn’t charge fuel surcharges for El Al flights.
Infants are free (besides taxes). They also get a regular checked baggage allowance of 23 kg.

QF runs regular transfer bonus promos. Be sure to transfer 500 points into your account and opt in for emails to get targeted.

Search availability on elal.com
Flights are bookable from NYC, BOS, MIA, and LAX.

SMS is the easiest way to contact Qantas. The number is 1-478-772-6827. This can be used for airports that are unavailable online.

NYC-TLV is 37.8k points each way in Y, 63k in premium economy and 78k in J.
On 9/18/19 premium economy will be going up to 70.8k and J will be going up to 90k (each way).
Cancellation fee is 6k points.
« Last edited by Dan on July 01, 2019, 09:46:55 PM »

Author Topic: Booking El Al with Qantas - master thread  (Read 303491 times)

Offline coffeebean

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Booking El Al with Qantas - master thread
« Reply #1200 on: February 05, 2020, 03:48:15 PM »
The multi city works.
Great!
Is there a way to search a calendar to find elal?
No, because most Elal reward availability are not available on Qantas

Offline KSMH

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: February 05, 2020, 05:46:04 PM »
Great!No, because most Elal reward availability are not available on Qantas

ELAL Award availability is available on qantas just there is no way to filter on calendar search. 
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline noah32

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: February 11, 2020, 01:01:03 PM »
Can anyone post their booking reference number for an ORD-TLV flight on ElAl they booked via Qantas. Having so much trouble booking a flight, it's so frustrating.

Finally was able to confirm a business class seat was available, but agent (sms agent) was not able to book. She said that "classic flight rewards with Elal can only be made for flights between israel and Asia/South Africa/India/New York/Toronto/Los Angeles/Athens/Cairo and selected city in West Europe and East Europe."

Now, obviously the agent is mistaken. Problem is, this was via SMS as Dan suggested but they are still unable to book it. "Our fares do not permit this routing"

I told her it is possible to book this route, but she still couldn't do it. She suggested I get booking reference from someone who has successfully booked this route so she (or any agent) could look into it and figure out how they did it.

If anyone has, and they don't mind sharing, can you post or PM me your booking reference number?

Offline Boruch Parnes

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: February 11, 2020, 01:05:24 PM »
Can anyone post their booking reference number for an ORD-TLV flight on ElAl they booked via Qantas. Having so much trouble booking a flight, it's so frustrating.

Finally was able to confirm a business class seat was available, but agent (sms agent) was not able to book. She said that "classic flight rewards with Elal can only be made for flights between israel and Asia/South Africa/India/New York/Toronto/Los Angeles/Athens/Cairo and selected city in West Europe and East Europe."

Now, obviously the agent is mistaken. Problem is, this was via SMS as Dan suggested but they are still unable to book it. "Our fares do not permit this routing"

I told her it is possible to book this route, but she still couldn't do it. She suggested I get booking reference from someone who has successfully booked this route so she (or any agent) could look into it and figure out how they did it.

If anyone has, and they don't mind sharing, can you post or PM me your booking reference number?
HUCA?

Offline noah32

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: February 11, 2020, 01:26:48 PM »
HUCA?

45 minute wait time for phone. Tried with 3 different sms agents over the past few days.

Offline points 99

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: February 11, 2020, 02:15:24 PM »
Just booked a tickets LAX-SFO-TLV on United. They only had saver award avail in business for SFO-TLV, and LAX-SFO in they had avail in coach. tried using Lifemiles, aeroplan, singapore... no one was able to book it (even though they showed the SFO-TLV avail in bus), it just wouldn't work in their system with one leg coach and one leg in business. Ended up using United miles

45 minute wait time for phone. Tried with 3 different sms agents over the past few days.

Offline bmw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: February 15, 2020, 11:03:28 PM »
i am trying to use my qantas points for someone else however when i put in their details and try continue i keep on getting error message, [if i make myself the passenger i can proceed to the payment page], anyone else had the issue ?

Offline Boruch Parnes

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: February 15, 2020, 11:07:14 PM »
i am trying to use my qantas points for someone else however when i put in their details and try continue i keep on getting error message, [if i make myself the passenger i can proceed to the payment page], anyone else had the issue ?
did you label them as brother cousin etc?

Offline bmw

• View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: February 16, 2020, 11:00:42 AM »
yes. it keeps on saying info from frequent flyer card is missing...i booked it over the phone.

Offline oldguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: February 17, 2020, 01:36:40 PM »
yes. it keeps on saying info from frequent flyer card is missing...i booked it over the phone.
I had the same issue a few days ago.. I ended up booking by SMS

Offline JOJO2020

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: February 18, 2020, 06:04:55 PM »
I see availability in premium economy for 70,800. If I book it is it possible to upgrade to business at some point for the 90k?

Offline bmw

• View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: February 18, 2020, 06:14:14 PM »
yes with change fee [and they might ask for service fee which you can get them to change since it cannot be booked online]

Offline JOJO2020

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: February 18, 2020, 06:32:32 PM »
I forgot to mention, there is no business awards available on the Qantas site. Do I need to wait and see if  business becomes available or can I upgrade even if it’s not available on their site?

Offline yaakov

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: February 18, 2020, 11:29:28 PM »
theres plenty of business avail in august nyc-tlv tlv-nyc

Offline shimino1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: February 19, 2020, 04:40:08 AM »
I forgot to mention, there is no business awards available on the Qantas site. Do I need to wait and see if  business becomes available or can I upgrade even if it’s not available on their site?
Need to wait.

Offline zagguru

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: February 19, 2020, 07:44:34 AM »
Looks like they will be flying 787-8 on some of there JFK-TLV routes. My flight switched from 787-9 to 8

Offline bmw

• View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: February 20, 2020, 01:39:35 PM »
elal website now allows you to book seats for flights booked through qantas !

Offline helpyouamdme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
    • contact ‘Kоѕhеr Ski Club’ for the experience of a lifetime!
« Reply #1217 on: February 20, 2020, 02:09:08 PM »
elal website now allows you to book seats for flights booked through qantas !
After blocking Qantas from booking available Awards seats they allow themselves not to be that stingy and that few that they let through to select their seats

Offline TripsPls

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: February 21, 2020, 08:29:11 AM »
I’ve been doing a ton of searching and it looks like Miami to Tel Aviv nonstop is only available going on Wednesdays and returning on Thursdays. Has anybody seen any different?

Offline noah32

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: February 21, 2020, 11:41:20 AM »

UPDATE - I was able, finally, to book the flight. Took at least a dozen times trying. Finally got an agent (over the phone, not sms) who was able to do it. Never got a confirmation email but it was there under my bookings on the qantas website. Had an elal reference number, so I contacted elal (via whatsapp) who was able to see it in their system. However, the points were never deducted from my Qantas account and I was not able to login to the elal website with that reference number. So I was worried.

Contacted qantas again, who said the agent did not finish the process and it had not been ticketed. Said they are doing it now and should receive a confirmation in 24-48 hours.
Of course after 48 hours, still nothing. Contacted them again and next agent said same thing...it was never finished but they will do it now and to wait 24-48 hours. I said "i'll hold." :)

10 minutes later I got the actual confirmation and points were deducted. Was then able to check it on the elal website and even change my seat/meals.

Bottom line - took FOREVER to get this one way flight done. Completely ridiculous.