Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 1385589 times)

Offline asks

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #12315 on: February 22, 2019, 01:45:30 PM »
All that is false, as long as you apply for a sole proprietorship and give your legal name, and the tax ID field you put in your social security you shouldn't have any problems, regarding your business name it's a sole proprietorship meaning you're running your own business therefore you don't have to file for any messy paperwork or paperwork stating that my business name is Joe...

What you have to do now is state to the representative what they have in the memos before they read it to you, hence you're going to explain to them that I have a sole proprietorship business whether selling on Amazon or ebay and I file my taxes together with my personal taxes.
  Hence, I don't have to file any paperwork that I have a business as it's a sole proprietorship building up a small business and I file and pay all the taxes with my own personal tax therefore no other paperwork is needed. Don't let them tell you what the memo said, you go over everything that they have in their memo's and explain to them why and what.
You have to be the one to lead the conversation and don't let them tell you...
 try explaining them to the best of your ability why you need a second business card what are you going to use it for, and your first business card you never had to do any such paperwork.
  As well, colleagues of mine who've applied as a sole proprietorship in the past week () and had no issues or the need to file any messy paperwork.

Also I'm assuming you wrote a decent amount for your income Re the business application.
   If you wrote too little of an amount it will sound very fishy.
Unless you went into a branch and spoke to a banker

Good luck.

Any concern in setting up a  DBA business name with local county clerk just to have the paperwork Chase requires? (Without having any official sole prop set up)

Offline ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12316 on: February 22, 2019, 02:16:58 PM »
In NYC the cost is $120
That was my concern before any

Offline asks

• View Profile
« Reply #12317 on: February 22, 2019, 02:19:45 PM »
In NYC the cost is $120
That was my concern before any
Assuming other places (NJ or FL) are less costly , does that get added to a tax filing registry /list?

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #12318 on: February 25, 2019, 01:11:00 PM »
Is it normal that the automated system says they can't find the application that was submitted today? Does it take time for to show in the system?

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #12319 on: February 25, 2019, 01:11:56 PM »
Is it normal that the automated system says they can't find the application that was submitted today? Does it take time for to show in the system?
Nope
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline shapsam

• View Profile
« Reply #12320 on: February 25, 2019, 01:15:55 PM »
Nope
They did pull the credit report though, what can be the problem?
ETA: Apparently it went straight to the verification department and therefore didn't load into the system.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 01:59:07 PM by shapsam »

Offline Muhammad

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12321 on: March 16, 2019, 03:54:48 PM »
They did pull the credit report though, what can be the problem?
ETA: Apparently it went straight to the verification department and therefore didn't load into the system.
so you got approved?

Offline shapsam

• View Profile
« Reply #12322 on: March 16, 2019, 10:14:05 PM »

Offline db23

• View Profile
  • Programs: delta platinum,total rewards diamond,hilton diamond,whyndam diamond,bonvoy gold, hertz president circle
« Reply #12323 on: March 19, 2019, 12:42:42 PM »
if over 5/24 can you be approved for a card if you got an offer on your account?

Offline eis517

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG, United
« Reply #12324 on: March 19, 2019, 12:51:25 PM »
I had the Sapphire Reserve, and because I was not going to be doing any travelling, I downgraded to the Preferred. I now want to book some travel and tried to apply for the Reserve. they told me that I can't have to of the same product at the same time and that I needed to cancel the Preferred and then call back and get the Reserve, which I did. I cancelled the Preferred. However, when I called back to open up the Reserve the new rep told me that since I had gotten the sign up bonus back in December 2015, I could not open up the Reserve. I said what about opening it up with no sign-up bonus? They said the system wont let them do that. I asked to speak to a manager who told me I should have just upgraded the Preferred into the Reserve. I explained that the rep told me to cancel and now they can't reopen the Preferred (in order for me to upgrade it).

Does anyone have ideas on how I can get the Reserve? I want to book tickets and get the 1.5 Cents per mile value.

Thanks,

Offline Naftuli19

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
« Reply #12325 on: March 19, 2019, 01:47:23 PM »
if over 5/24 can you be approved for a card if you got an offer on your account?
Usually not
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline GettingReady

• View Profile
« Reply #12326 on: March 19, 2019, 03:08:25 PM »
I had the Sapphire Reserve, and because I was not going to be doing any travelling, I downgraded to the Preferred. I now want to book some travel and tried to apply for the Reserve. they told me that I can't have to of the same product at the same time and that I needed to cancel the Preferred and then call back and get the Reserve, which I did. I cancelled the Preferred. However, when I called back to open up the Reserve the new rep told me that since I had gotten the sign up bonus back in December 2015, I could not open up the Reserve. I said what about opening it up with no sign-up bonus? They said the system wont let them do that. I asked to speak to a manager who told me I should have just upgraded the Preferred into the Reserve. I explained that the rep told me to cancel and now they can't reopen the Preferred (in order for me to upgrade it).

Does anyone have ideas on how I can get the Reserve? I want to book tickets and get the 1.5 Cents per mile value.

Thanks,

Per the terms you can only have one Sapphire product open and to get another sign upbonus, it has to be 48 months from your last bonus.  I would try calling back and see if you can reopen the card. Donít mention anything about an upgrade.

Offline eis517

• View Profile
« Reply #12327 on: March 19, 2019, 03:21:04 PM »
Per the terms you can only have one Sapphire product open and to get another sign upbonus, it has to be 48 months from your last bonus.  I would try calling back and see if you can reopen the card. Donít mention anything about an upgrade.

I did. They said that since I transferred the credit to another card, they cant re-open. I need to wait till it is reported as closed and then try to get the Reserve. While I would like another sign up bonus on the Reserve, I want the card even if I dont get one.

Offline Naftuli19

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
« Reply #12328 on: March 19, 2019, 03:27:33 PM »
I did. They said that since I transferred the credit to another card, they cant re-open. I need to wait till it is reported as closed and then try to get the Reserve. While I would like another sign up bonus on the Reserve, I want the card even if I dont get one.
u cant transfer credit back?
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline eis517

• View Profile
« Reply #12329 on: March 19, 2019, 04:35:31 PM »
u cant transfer credit back?

Nope. they said the card was closed and credit transferred.  I tried everything.