Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 1246325 times)

Offline zagguru

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 58
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #12375 on: May 01, 2019, 10:09:56 PM »
So chase recon changed. Now there is options and hoops that needs to be jumped. . When trying to reach a rep

Like what

Offline Joel2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #12376 on: May 01, 2019, 10:10:39 PM »
Like what
Call tomorrow and see for yourself.

Offline chayal101

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12377 on: May 01, 2019, 10:15:37 PM »
Call tomorrow and see for yourself.
We can't call if we got nothing to recon... Give us some more deets pls. What kinds of questions did they ask?
Chaya L.

Offline Joel2

• View Profile
« Reply #12378 on: May 01, 2019, 10:16:07 PM »
Weird CSR I had now.
Reson denied was because to many new accounts in the past 24 months.
So I told her I'm at 4 cards without the AU response was it doesn't matter the amount no difference 5 or 4...  and we don't have a set max of 5 it can be less as well.
Then I tried to move credit response was we cant shift credit to a new account..!

I guess its HUCA

Offline Joel2

• View Profile
« Reply #12379 on: May 01, 2019, 10:17:14 PM »
We can't call if we got nothing to recon... Give us some more deets pls. What kinds of questions did they ask?
Now you can because you need to press a option (number) and wait for a rep for 10 minutes.

Offline Joel2

• View Profile
« Reply #12380 on: May 01, 2019, 10:18:23 PM »

We can't call if we got nothing to recon... Give us some more deets pls. What kinds of questions did they ask? No question it's just  difficult to reach without a reference number.

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #12381 on: May 13, 2019, 01:37:23 AM »
Spoke to Chase supervisor after 2 business card apps denied. My mess up was that I wrote "My Name Sole Proprietorship" as business name instead of "My Name" because I misunderstood Dan's post. They said unless I can show proof of business name, I won't be able to get card. Said I should wait 30 days and reapply properly. Now I'm reading here that they don't know what they're saying and I should HUCA? Or are they correct because I wrote "sole prop" in the business name?
If you are trying to get my attention/assistance and I'm not responding, please feel free to PM me. :)

Offline zagguru

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #12382 on: May 13, 2019, 08:34:32 AM »
Spoke to Chase supervisor after 2 business card apps denied. My mess up was that I wrote "My Name Sole Proprietorship" as business name instead of "My Name" because I misunderstood Dan's post. They said unless I can show proof of business name, I won't be able to get card. Said I should wait 30 days and reapply properly. Now I'm reading here that they don't know what they're saying and I should HUCA? Or are they correct because I wrote "sole prop" in the business name?

Happened to me once, but i applied in branch and the branch manager was able to have it switched

Offline regolife

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12383 on: May 13, 2019, 12:00:24 PM »
Applied for Ink Preferred 5/13 as sole proprietorship. Some DPs below.
As reported by others, received the message We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible. You will be notified in writing within 30 days. (Ultimately, this meant approval.)

Called the old reconsideration #s for business and personal. Also as reported by others, couldn't get anywhere on automatic phone system w/o a reference # (which was not provided in immediate online response) or by entering last 4 digits of a Chase card. Used the last 4 of a different Chase card and got to Lending Services.

1st Lending Services rep verified me and tried to transfer me to Review Dept. This only took me back to original menu, from where I reached Lending Services. 2nd rep stayed on the phone and directly transferred me to Review Dept. I was told that the direct number is now 877 260 0087. I haven't tried it out.

Verification Dept. put me on hold to review application. Came back and said application approved without needing to move CL or anything else. I did have to move CLs for the UA personal card in March, so a little surprised. Maybe has to do w/ this being a business application instead of a personal one. Lastly, got transferred to CS to request expedited shipping. No problem, they should deliver w/n 1-2 business days.

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
« Reply #12384 on: May 13, 2019, 12:53:14 PM »
As reported by others, received the message We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible. You will be notified in writing within 30 days. (Ultimately, this meant approval.)

Called the old reconsideration #s for business and personal. Also as reported by others, couldn't get anywhere on automatic phone system w/o a reference # (which was not provided in immediate online response) or by entering last 4 digits of a Chase card. Used the last 4 of a different Chase card and got to Lending Services.

1st Lending Services rep verified me and tried to transfer me to Review Dept. This only took me back to original menu, from where I reached Lending Services. 2nd rep stayed on the phone and directly transferred me to Review Dept. I was told that the direct number is now 877 260 0087. I haven't tried it out.

Verification Dept. put me on hold to review application. Came back and said application approved without needing to move CL or anything else. I did have to move CLs for the UA personal card in March, so a little surprised. Maybe has to do w/ this being a business application instead of a personal one. Lastly, got transferred to CS to request expedited shipping. No problem, they should deliver w/n 1-2 business days.
Thanks, Happy spending!
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until Its Become A Memory...

Offline Mo2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12385 on: May 13, 2019, 01:28:08 PM »

congrats.  Btw, I see that you applied today and called recon today.
In my experience with all 4 of my Chase Biz cards I got the same message as you but I never actually needed to call recon. I was approved the next day every time even without calling.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12386 on: May 13, 2019, 01:48:09 PM »

My wife called the other day, was able to get through without a reference #. She just pressed 0 (after pressing 1 for "recent correspondence or application"...) And she was able to get approved.

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #12387 on: May 26, 2019, 04:10:27 PM »
If I was declined and declined again after reconsideration for a second Chase Business card, is it a waste of time/bad idea to email the executive office trying to get them to approve it?
If you are trying to get my attention/assistance and I'm not responding, please feel free to PM me. :)

Online as2

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #12388 on: May 26, 2019, 04:15:01 PM »
If I was declined and declined again after reconsideration for a second Chase Business card, is it a waste of time/bad idea to email the executive office trying to get them to approve it?
What was their reasoning?
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #12389 on: May 26, 2019, 04:42:31 PM »
What was their reasoning?
Too many cards and that they just approved me for another business card for the same business. I tried explaining that the two cards have different rewards programs and I would be happy to move some credit line from the just approved card to get the other card. I also explained that any recent cards Im only an AU on and not responsible for.. anything for me to lose my emailing executive office - like will they FR me then?