Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2409792 times)

Offline Geshmak25

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #12820 on: June 18, 2023, 03:24:40 PM »
Applied for chase ink preferred and told application in review (+received email) but when I call the phone number it says there are no applications on file for the SS (and doesn’t recognize if I enter an EIN). This ever happen to anyone else?
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline Gvann

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
« Reply #12821 on: July 06, 2023, 11:35:45 AM »
I got declined on the computer and recon line for 5/24 for ink preferred

Offline HoKo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12822 on: July 06, 2023, 11:40:04 AM »
I got declined on the computer and recon line for 5/24 for ink preferred

What's your current XX/24 count?

Offline shmooz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12823 on: July 06, 2023, 12:15:03 PM »
Applied for chase ink preferred and told application in review (+received email) but when I call the phone number it says there are no applications on file for the SS (and doesn’t recognize if I enter an EIN). This ever happen to anyone else?

Check your credit report for an inquiry.

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
« Reply #12824 on: July 06, 2023, 05:55:22 PM »
What's your current XX/24 count?

Not exactly sure but its definitely not more than 6, I think its at 5

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #12825 on: July 06, 2023, 05:56:36 PM »
Not exactly sure but its definitely not more than 6, I think its at 5

I did get a ink preferred about 2 ½ months ago, however, that is not the reason that either the computer gave nor the recon line, they both said 5/24

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #12826 on: July 13, 2023, 03:33:30 PM »
Recon rep didnt even want to reconsider because of 5/24 (which they don’t even have accurate info because they said i was approved for 1 business card in last 24 months when i was approved for 5 business cards) they said it applies to all cards, including authorized users and business cards, and then did not want to recon,

i called back and the agent who picks up before the recon line did not even want to transfer me for the same reasons she said you have no chance, i said transfer me anyway please, and she reluctantly did.

Then the recon agent before anything else said you were declined for too many accounts open recently. I explained to her its for a different line of business (which is true) and after a brief hold she said she won’t reconsider it, so not even running a application…

Called again and the same thing happened. They are not even running the reconsideration if its over 5/24
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 03:50:02 PM by Gvann »

Offline yosefsv

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12827 on: July 14, 2023, 06:40:30 PM »
Chase business application status line, says 7-10 days message, but it does not give the option to speak to a rep. What does it mean?
If it benefits even just one fellow DDFer, its worth posting it.

Offline ari3

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12828 on: July 14, 2023, 06:55:48 PM »
Recon rep didnt even want to reconsider because of 5/24 (which they don’t even have accurate info because they said i was approved for 1 business card in last 24 months when i was approved for 5 business cards) they said it applies to all cards, including authorized users and business cards, and then did not want to recon,

i called back and the agent who picks up before the recon line did not even want to transfer me for the same reasons she said you have no chance, i said transfer me anyway please, and she reluctantly did.

Then the recon agent before anything else said you were declined for too many accounts open recently. I explained to her its for a different line of business (which is true) and after a brief hold she said she won’t reconsider it, so not even running a application…

Called again and the same thing happened. They are not even running the reconsideration if its over 5/24
I also got flat out rejected for the Ink Preferred because of 5/24 (am exactly at 5/24). I called recon and was told there is nothing to consider because I am at 5/24. I asked him that I heard that they were being flexible with 5/24 and he said not. He also said because it is a 5/24 issue there is no way for him to override it.

Dan is busy promoting on DDMS that they are approving over 5/24 so I am not sure what gives here.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 07:34:17 PM by ari3 »

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #12829 on: July 15, 2023, 10:07:49 PM »
Chase business application status line, says 7-10 days message, but it does not give the option to speak to a rep. What does it mean?

Don’t give an application number, just get put on to a rep, and then ask to transfer to an agent who can help finish the application. They may just tell you you have to wait, but usually not

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #12830 on: July 15, 2023, 10:08:59 PM »
I also got flat out rejected for the Ink Preferred because of 5/24 (am exactly at 5/24). I called recon and was told there is nothing to consider because I am at 5/24. I asked him that I heard that they were being flexible with 5/24 and he said not. He also said because it is a 5/24 issue there is no way for him to override it.

Dan is busy promoting on DDMS that they are approving over 5/24 so I am not sure what gives here.

@Dan are you still getting reports of this being waived because they are being extremely strict about it, not even running recon applications for 5/24

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #12831 on: July 15, 2023, 10:35:38 PM »
The system is approving some people that are over 5/24, plenty of DPs for that. The reasons are unclear.
Recon OTOH is not, unless there are reasons like AUs.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Willie

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12832 on: July 15, 2023, 10:37:17 PM »
@Dan are you still getting reports of this being waived because they are being extremely strict about it, not even running recon applications for 5/24

Im over 5/24 and got approved via Recon

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #12833 on: July 15, 2023, 11:12:09 PM »
Im over 5/24 and got approved via Recon

When?

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #12834 on: July 15, 2023, 11:14:20 PM »
The system is approving some people that are over 5/24, plenty of DPs for that. The reasons are unclear.

Happens to be that i got approved on recon for ink cash two weeks ago, but this past week wasnt budging. I think there is a big difference between those two weeks. People are getting approved automatically this past week?

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #12835 on: July 15, 2023, 11:15:28 PM »

Also they told me (several agents) that authorized users and business cards count, heading to your advice i would HUCA knowing they shouldn’t but many reps said it does. I am not over because of au but they just kept telling me that the number includes authorized users and business cards

Offline Willie

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12836 on: July 16, 2023, 11:04:20 AM »

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12837 on: July 17, 2023, 09:40:04 PM »
Also they told me (several agents) that authorized users and business cards count, heading to your advice i would HUCA knowing they shouldn’t but many reps said it does. I am not over because of au but they just kept telling me that the number includes authorized users and business cards
One thing I found when calling recon.  Start giving your reasoning before they put you on hold to 'look things up'.  Which means right after they identify you and you say why you're calling, start your shpeil. If what you said overrides what they then read in your account, you're in luck.  If they read first, they're convinced by the notes and won't really be listening to you.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #12838 on: July 17, 2023, 11:03:45 PM »
One thing I found when calling recon.  Start giving your reasoning before they put you on hold to 'look things up'.  Which means right after they identify you and you say why you're calling, start your shpeil. If what you said overrides what they then read in your account, you're in luck.  If they read first, they're convinced by the notes and won't really be listening to you.

I am pretty sure the last 2 agents i spoke to still refused to even run an application even though i shpeiled them before they looked. They were really very strict about 5/24 and won’t even try to do anything, almost as if they wouldn’t even be allowed to (there is nothing i can do language)

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #12839 on: July 24, 2023, 07:25:32 PM »
So i checked, and im not even over 5/24, i only have 4 slots taken right now. But chase is adamant that business cards count. Any advice? Multiple agents said so