Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2414318 times)

Offline JEWDA

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #1360 on: June 20, 2012, 10:45:12 PM »
Long Live The 3/BM!!

I applied on may 31 for United Club, Chase BA, and Hyatt cards, got denied on all three for applying for too many cards. Called recon.

right away and they said they could try to approve 1 card, and within minutes I got approved for United Club $8,000. Called after for

BA card, they said impossible, so I told them to take 1k from another card, they ended up aproving me for 1k w/o taking it

from the other card
. Then I called for Hyatt and I asked them to close one old card and open this one, and today I looked at my chase

profile and see that they approved me for 5k w/o closing any account.

So basicly I just got approved for 3 cards within 20 days w/o closing or moving credit from another account!!

Question: If I tell them to close one of my old cards and move the CL to another card, will it effect my credit report?
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1361 on: June 20, 2012, 11:07:12 PM »
Long Live The 3/BM!!

I applied on may 31 for United Club, Chase BA, and Hyatt cards, got denied on all three for applying for too many cards. Called recon.

right away and they said they could try to approve 1 card, and within minutes I got approved for United Club $8,000. Called after for

BA card, they said impossible, so I told them to take 1k from another card, they ended up aproving me for 1k w/o taking it

from the other card
. Then I called for Hyatt and I asked them to close one old card and open this one, and today I looked at my chase

So basicly I just got approved for 3 cards within 20 days w/o closing or moving credit from another account!!

Question: If I tell them to close one of my old cards and move the CL to another card, will it effect my credit report?

Congrats!

It shouldn't (total utilization across all cards remains the same, and the account doesn't immediately fall off).

That being said, I have to believe that FICO has to give more weight to open accounts than it does to closed ones, even if they are both included in AAoA.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #1362 on: June 21, 2012, 12:19:13 AM »
BA $1k CL?
They told me min $5k!
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline zlt123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: June 21, 2012, 12:30:14 AM »
BA $1k CL?
They told me min $5k!
I got aproved for BA after moving $2000 from another card

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #1364 on: June 21, 2012, 12:32:42 AM »
Discrimination!!
Do you think they know I'm Meshugener?

Offline netzih

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #1365 on: June 21, 2012, 12:34:14 AM »
Long Live The 3/BM!!

from the other card

I've had that for the first couple of days it seemed that they didn't close the account which they used to open the new one and than it showed up only later

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #1366 on: June 21, 2012, 08:59:53 AM »
BA $1k CL?
They told me min $5k!
Both me and my wife got $1k on BA card.

Offline Shmelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: June 21, 2012, 10:15:30 AM »
I just opened BA with recon for $2K.
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline naftoli

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: July 01, 2012, 10:48:01 PM »
hi
i applied for an increase on my ba and they turned me down for having to much credit with them over 100k; however most of the credit is on my business cards and they wont move it to my personal
is there anyway to get them to move business credit to a personal account?

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: July 02, 2012, 10:42:07 PM »
How long after my 2bm on United and BA can I get the app ID's and work on the approvals?

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: July 02, 2012, 10:43:21 PM »
As soon there is a rep who's willing to disclose it for you.

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: July 02, 2012, 10:43:32 PM »
How long after my 2bm on United and BA can I get the app ID's and work on the approvals?
you can call them right away and ask.

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: July 02, 2012, 11:04:11 PM »
got pretty wierd answer from the app status automated system. I did 2bm and the machine said that they got more than one application on July 2 and then went on to say the first was approved for 16k and you should have gotten the card by now. On the second 7-10 days. I wonder if they are refering to my last app in Feb which was approved for 16k, although it clearly said in last 30 days and mentioned todays date.

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: July 02, 2012, 11:24:43 PM »
got pretty wierd answer from the app status automated system. I did 2bm and the machine said that they got more than one application on July 2 and then went on to say the first was approved for 16k and you should have gotten the card by now. On the second 7-10 days. I wonder if they are refering to my last app in Feb which was approved for 16k, although it clearly said in last 30 days and mentioned todays date.
It always says you should have gotten the card by now as soon as it gets approved. 7-10 days usually means not approved.

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: July 02, 2012, 11:29:22 PM »
It always says you should have gotten the card by now as soon as it gets approved. 7-10 days usually means not approved.
ok that is great news as with 16k limit I should not have a problem getting the other approved unless they will give me a problem getting the UA card approved as I already have one.

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: July 03, 2012, 01:52:56 PM »
working hard on my churned UA explorer app as they said you cannot get a card you already have with the reward benefits.

One rep said she would close the first to approve the second but I have 5k points pending on the first and do now want to lose that.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 02:01:24 PM by Fan of Dan »

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: July 03, 2012, 02:02:44 PM »
working hard on my churned UA explorer app as they said you cannot get a card you already have with the reward benefits.
Not sure if this will work but you might wana 1st tell them to move your CL from the current UA Explorer to another card and only after ask them to open up  the new card by spliting the CL.

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: July 03, 2012, 02:09:02 PM »
Not sure if this will work but you might wana 1st tell them to move your CL from the current UA Explorer to another card and only after ask them to open up  the new card by spliting the CL.
It may not work from the sign up bonus perspective or in terms of getting it approved?

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: July 03, 2012, 02:13:58 PM »
It may not work from the sign up bonus perspective or in terms of getting it approved?
That

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: July 03, 2012, 02:42:47 PM »
Frustrating thing is I have points pending on first UA card which I want to close, so now I will have to wait until the statement closes before I can get the new app approved :(