Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374252 times)

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #140 on: October 02, 2011, 05:08:47 PM »
I just did a 3bm and got "you will get a response in 10 days" on all 3 of them.
I applied for sapphire, freedom and ink bold. I already have CO and BA. Any ideas wat I should them when they ask me why I need these cards?
I can't seem to find additional benefits over the ones I already have. (For the bold, I'm going to tell them that I need it to keep business expenses separate )
Thanx

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #141 on: October 02, 2011, 05:13:01 PM »
I applied for sapphire, freedom and ink bold. I already have CO and BA. Any ideas wat I should them when they ask me why I need these cards?
I can't seem to find additional benefits over the ones I already have. (For the bold, I'm going to tell them that I need it to keep business expenses separate )
Thanx

Not sure about CO or BA, but Sapphire has no forex fees.

For freedom, tell them you like the 5% rotating categories.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 02, 2011, 05:15:33 PM »
Not sure about CO or BA, but Sapphire has no forex fees.

For freedom, tell them you like the 5% rotating categories.

BA doesn't either have forex fee.
Isn't not a good idea  to tell them that the reason u applied for a card is bec of the rewards?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #143 on: October 02, 2011, 05:43:12 PM »
Isn't not a good idea  to tell them that the reason u applied for a card is bec of the rewards?

Says who? I have said, on a number of occasions, that I am switching to X card because I do most of my business with X airline and I want the mileage.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 02, 2011, 05:48:14 PM »
Thanx

Update: I just called about the sapphire.  She put me on hold for 3 min then came back and said I'm approved with a $5000 cl. I didn't have to move any cl's around and I wasn't asked any questions.  Thank g-d.

Offline Red

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 03, 2011, 03:38:58 AM »
From what I understand telling them you like the rewards isn't a problem, they offer them for that reason so that you should use their card. What they don't want is for you to sign up get the signup bonus and never use the card again, so telling them you like the signup bonus might be what you are referring to.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 04, 2011, 12:12:58 PM »
Update: I was able to move credit from a personal  card to a business card.
Btw I got two pulls - one pull for 2 consumer  cards and one pull for the business card.  :(

Offline Nitantnel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 04, 2011, 01:22:00 PM »
Btw I got two pulls - one pull for 2 consumer  cards and one pull for the business card.  :(

And that's with the 3BM is suppose, did you freeze any of your reports? did they both go on the same report?

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 04, 2011, 01:28:28 PM »
And that's with the 3BM is suppose, did you freeze any of your reports? did they both go on the same report?

Yes I did 3BM.  I froze TU. both were on experian.
(I live in nj)

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 04, 2011, 01:30:28 PM »
Yes I did 3BM.  I froze TU. both were on experian.
(I live in nj)

Why would you freeze TU in NJ??

Offline bubbles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: October 04, 2011, 01:41:34 PM »

Was about to ask the same thing. I see in the wiki it says it pulls from TU but IME it's experian like everything else.

Offline Nitantnel

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 04, 2011, 01:42:51 PM »
Had anyone have experience with only one pull for business and consumer?

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 04, 2011, 01:44:42 PM »

I did a 2BM 6 months ago with chase and they pulled one from TU and one from EX. I think the reason that they pulled twice was bec they couldn't verify the info on my EX (bec I had multiple addresses listed) so they then pulled TU.
At that time when I called for recon about 30 days after app it was much better off for me if they pulled new report, so they pulled TU.
In summary :  I didn't want them to see 2 recent chase pulls that were on my TU

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 04, 2011, 01:58:51 PM »
were the pulls from the exact same bank name? it could be that the names are slightly different(i.e one from chase bank and one from j.p.morgan chase..) for consumer and business in which case it would be impossible to get only one pull

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 04, 2011, 02:10:52 PM »
were the pulls from the exact same bank name? it could be that the names are slightly different(i.e one from chase bank and one from j.p.morgan chase..) for consumer and business in which case it would be impossible to get only one pull

I didn't see the report yet but I did speak to a rep yesterday at EX and when I suggested to her that maybe the "double pull" is an error, she said  that it was done by 2 separate depts. and therefore was for two separate applications.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 04, 2011, 02:17:50 PM »
I did a 2BM 6 months ago with chase and they pulled one from TU and one from EX. I think the reason that they pulled twice was bec they couldn't verify the info on my EX (bec I had multiple addresses listed) so they then pulled TU.
At that time when I called for recon about 30 days after app it was much better off for me if they pulled new report, so they pulled TU.
In summary :  I didn't want them to see 2 recent chase pulls that were on my TU

Had you frozen two bureaus it's likely you'd get one pull for both cards. That's what I'd recommend for others freezing reports to get Chase to pull a certain bureau.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 04, 2011, 02:25:36 PM »
Had you frozen two bureaus it's likely you'd get one pull for both cards. That's what I'd recommend for others freezing reports to get Chase to pull a certain bureau.

That's what I did. Froze both E's. Pulled TU.

Offline Nitantnel

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 05, 2011, 02:28:53 PM »
My brother Got 3 rejections despite his 15,000 dollar credit line with chase because of this mess-up: he just spent 16,000 dollars on a crad that only has a 8,000 dollar CL.

The rep. wouldn't budge based on that last fact. I called amex and raised that CL to 23,000 dollars, and hopefully most of that debt will be paid off by the end of the month. Any suggestion on pulling any of there cards through? Thanks.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 05, 2011, 02:32:45 PM »
My brother Got 3 rejections despite his 15,000 dollar credit line with chase because of this mess-up: he just spent 16,000 dollars on a crad that only has a 8,000 dollar CL.

The rep. wouldn't budge based on that last fact. I called amex and raised that CL to 23,000 dollars, and hopefully most of that debt will be paid off by the end of the month. Any suggestion on pulling any of there cards through? Thanks.

You can never speak in blanket terms, but I have read instances like this, and for some reason (at least with Chase) they seem not to budge.

I personally know someone who had a CL of X and spent 90% of X, then applied for a Chase card. Even though the balance was going to be paid off in full before the next month, the fact that the util % was so high, it was a categorical denial.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 05, 2011, 02:34:09 PM »

High utilization is a serious red flag when applying for new cards, that's why it always makes sense to put big purchases on business cards, so their balance isn't reported.

Your best bet is to pay the balance on the Amex and once Amex reports it again you have Chase pull another report.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael