Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2414775 times)

Offline george

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #3520 on: July 09, 2013, 11:36:27 AM »
Yes.  They can do whatever they want as far as which report they pull.  You can try and HUCA but you may or may not get the same answer.
has anyone had success with this via HUCA? Or is it not worth the call once they said no to me?

Offline Lazegotit

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat.
« Reply #3521 on: July 09, 2013, 11:36:42 AM »
BEWARE!!jokes on me they do notate the account even when you hang up on them (or especially when you hang up on them ;))as i called last night and they told me that my account was reviewed 6 times already ...... i spoke with the supervisor he said they dont see any business report and they think the 2 cards are enough for me, i told him i wanted the united card for flying purposes he wouldnt budge.
I asked to speak to his supervisor and he said his supervisor would say the same thing! I told him i find that highly unprofessional if i ask to speak to a supervisor for him to tell me what a supervisor would tell me....there where none available he said they would call me back i said i would call when i am available  ANY ideas????
Yeah, one thing about recon is that they write EVERYTHING down. Basically, you gotta have the perfect balance of pleading and proving. what I mean by that is that they wanna see that you can handle the credit you have and can even use more. About the hanging up, play the "messed up phone line, I get disconnected all the time...". You can even provide a number for callback in case it happens again ;)

Offline bem684

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: July 09, 2013, 11:38:03 AM »
BEWARE!!jokes on me they do notate the account even when you hang up on them (or especially when you hang up on them ;))as i called last night and they told me that my account was reviewed 6 times already ...... i spoke with the supervisor he said they dont see any business report and they think the 2 cards are enough for me, i told him i wanted the united card for flying purposes he wouldnt budge.
I asked to speak to his supervisor and he said his supervisor would say the same thing! I told him i find that highly unprofessional if i ask to speak to a supervisor for him to tell me what a supervisor would tell me....there where none available he said they would call me back i said i would call when i am available  ANY ideas????

Here's an idea.... stop.  If they have written down 6 times that you had your application reviewed, you're probably wasting your time calling again.  We want them to feel like taking those notes is a useless waste of their time..... and you're validating it.

Offline compddd

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: July 09, 2013, 11:42:24 AM »
Ugh when I called recon yesterday the CSR pulled my report again, what the hell?

Is there anything I can do to get it removed?

Offline Lazegotit

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat.
« Reply #3524 on: July 09, 2013, 11:43:54 AM »
Ugh when I called recon yesterday the CSR pulled my report again, what the hell?

Is there anything I can do to get it removed?
They tend to do that when you ask them to recon. No way to reverse a pull. Sorry.

Offline jaywhy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3525 on: July 09, 2013, 11:46:09 AM »
They tend to do that when you ask them to recon. No way to reverse a pull. Sorry.
Wrong on both counts.
They usually ask before they pull again and you can get unauthorized pulls removed.

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: July 09, 2013, 11:48:03 AM »
Actually I looked into it deeper and they pulled TU? I'm in Southern CA and they never pull TU, always EX.

I guess I got lucky?

and Jaywhy is right, they always ask first, Chase isn't like Barclays.

Offline sammy n

• View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: July 09, 2013, 11:50:09 AM »
no its the night people there just nicer people so they except with out hardship!!

Offline danfan5773

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: July 09, 2013, 01:21:31 PM »
Moving over the entire CL is the same as closing.
When u write moving is the same as closing what do u mean.   I just moved the CL from a card will the closed card show closed on the credit bureau I understood here on DDF that when u shift a CL even the full CL it wont show closed because it was moved to other card WAS I WRONG. 

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: July 09, 2013, 01:25:51 PM »
When u write moving is the same as closing what do u mean.   I just moved the CL from a card will the closed card show closed on the credit bureau I understood here on DDF that when u shift a CL even the full CL it wont show closed because it was moved to other card WAS I WRONG.
Yes you were/are wrong.

Offline danfan5773

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: July 09, 2013, 01:30:31 PM »
Applied for UAE,BA,SV got instant approval on UAE called recon and shifted CL from old card for SV  tried 3 times to HUCA for BA and wouldn't work should I try more or give up .(There explanation was I got 2 new cards they wanna see my spending b4 they can give another card ,just a little background here I have great credit score, been with chase for about 6 years have 4 credit lines with them, never late, good spending, always payed my balance in full, was never in this game of opening a few cards at a time so knowing all this what do u ppl suggest.)

Offline danfan5773

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: July 09, 2013, 01:35:29 PM »
Yes you were/are wrong.
so is there a way when u close/shift  CL from old card to avoid showing on CR AS closed. just like when the credit card company sends u new card because there was a credit glitch and they send new card it wont show closed account they just switch the old account with the new one.

Offline bem684

• View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: July 09, 2013, 01:53:04 PM »
so is there a way when u close/shift  CL from old card to avoid showing on CR AS closed. just like when the credit card company sends u new card because there was a credit glitch and they send new card it wont show closed account they just switch the old account with the new one.

In that case they're not switching the account, only the card number.  When you transfer the credit line you are closing the account and moving the credit over to another account.  That's not a bad thing.

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: July 09, 2013, 01:55:47 PM »
Applied for UAE,BA,SV got instant approval on UAE called recon and shifted CL from old card for SV  tried 3 times to HUCA for BA and wouldn't work should I try more or give up .(There explanation was I got 2 new cards they wanna see my spending b4 they can give another card ,just a little background here I have great credit score, been with chase for about 6 years have 4 credit lines with them, never late, good spending, always payed my balance in full, was never in this game of opening a few cards at a time so knowing all this what do u ppl suggest.)
Do you have any cards you can close to get the BA approved? Try and play up the valued customer of ~6 years...
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline danfan5773

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: July 09, 2013, 01:57:39 PM »
That's not a bad thing.
whats not bad thing

Offline bem684

• View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: July 09, 2013, 02:00:19 PM »
whats not bad thing

Closing the account.  Or having it show up as closed on the credit report.  What hurts is when you lose the credit line.  So you can close all the accounts you want as long as you're transfering out the credit to another account, and the impact on your score will be minimal.

Offline danfan5773

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: July 09, 2013, 02:00:38 PM »
Do you have any cards you can close to get the BA approved? Try and play up the valued customer of ~6 years...
Was trying to convince them to take part of the CL of the UAE card (they gave me 18k instant approval on that) to approve the BA card is it a problem that I just got that CL.

Offline sammy n

• View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: July 09, 2013, 02:02:20 PM »
so even when i need to close an acc i should call them up and ask them to transfer the credit to a different acc??

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: July 09, 2013, 02:03:55 PM »
so even when i need to close an acc i should call them up and ask them to transfer the credit to a different acc??
Yes. If you just close out a credit card, your credit score will be affected by the change in credit utilization.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: July 09, 2013, 02:04:51 PM »
Was trying to convince them to take part of the CL of the UAE card (they gave me 18k instant approval on that) to approve the BA card is it a problem that I just got that CL.
If they can take part of the CL for the BA card, that would be fine. As long as the credit is being used somewhere (hopefully your BA card), you will be fine.
Quaerite et Invenietis.