Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2414757 times)

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #3700 on: August 21, 2013, 02:39:58 PM »
Did a 2bm. 1 instantly approved, 1 instantly declined. Recon won't even move over credit from another account. They say too many inquiries in the months.

Offline Shmulyg

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: August 21, 2013, 03:02:38 PM »
Did a 2bm. 1 instantly approved, 1 instantly declined. Recon won't even move over credit from another account. They say too many inquiries in the months.
HUCA...

Offline IW

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: August 21, 2013, 04:06:58 PM »
Thank you! But do you think they will have a problem with the mortgage?
Called separately and got approved for both. Thanks!! They just shifted some credit from one to the other.

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: August 21, 2013, 07:17:25 PM »
How many is too much?

Offline Shmulyg

• View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: August 21, 2013, 08:04:06 PM »
How many is too much?
"Too many inquiries" can almost always be worked out by moving CL. If not the first try, then the second... Aaah! The power of HUCA!

Offline ayman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Simplify Shopping
« Reply #3705 on: August 21, 2013, 09:41:19 PM »
lol they did not want to allow a 3bm, so the rep said to forget one, got approved for the other two. Then huca for the third. Total 3 cards, even though they said too many inquiries.
Buy discounted gift cards from me.
www.simplifyshopping.com

Offline dirah

• View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: August 22, 2013, 09:57:25 AM »
Applied for four cards.

The first call – re first card.
Rep asked me a ton of questions about my “business”. Put me on hold for three minutes, and then came back that he was putting in a recommendation for approval, but final approval will take up to seven days. I hope that remains a yes!

The second call – re second card.
Summary of conversation -
Rep: “I see you did four applications in the last hour; why do you need so many credit cards?”
Me:  “I only meant to apply for one personal and one business. By mistake, I applied for the wrong cards, so I redid it again, so there are four applications, but I only meant to sign up for two”.
Rep: “Your CR shows that you signed up for nine credit cards in the last twelve months. Why do you need so many credit cards?” [Little does she know what the other CR’s show…]
Me: “I was unhappy with most of those cards and I shut them”. [I become unhappy with cards as soon as I get the sign-up bonus – did NOT say that.]
Rep: “Let me put you on hold to verify on your CR how many of those cards that you opened are shut down.”
…. Long pause ….
Rep: “Sir, I have verified that you have closed most of those accounts. However, you have five credit cards with Chase, with a combined CL of $40K, we can’t give you more any credit without closing one of your other accounts, and I am sure you don’t want to do that”.
Me: “I am sure that I DO want to do that”.
…. Long pause ….
Rep: “Sir, I am pleased to let you know that your request for credit card has been approved”.

I hate these conversations. I know I should persist with the other two applications - maybe in a couple of hours...

Offline ayman

• View Profile
    • Simplify Shopping
« Reply #3707 on: August 22, 2013, 03:12:13 PM »
Is it always like that with Chase? Always so many questions?
www.simplifyshopping.com

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #3708 on: August 22, 2013, 04:00:32 PM »

Is it always like that with Chase? Always so many questions?
Just did a reconsideration for sapphire, no questions and Approved!

Offline zale

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: August 22, 2013, 04:16:27 PM »
Strange thing going on here. Called Chase Business reconsideration, guy turns me down. I offered to close other cards etc.. still no go. I have only applied for one other chase card this year, and my credit is solid.

I called back again, woman picks up, asks me a whole bunch of detailed questions about my business, then tells me the same thing... "I would have to agree with the first analyst...we feel that the credit we already provided to you is sufficient". Also "due to many inquiries on your credit report". I argued that the many inquiries (10 total since last year) were for various cards from various companies that offered various benefits, and yet I use only a tiny amount of my credit ratio. Still no go.

What I have a hard time understanding here is, I refuted every one of their claims:

Rep: "We see a lot of inquiries, this tells us that you are actively pursuing a lot of credit".

Me: "As you can see, I am clearly NOT pursuing a lot of credit, as my credit utilization ratio is almost $0. Those cards in question were opened for their benefits, such as car rental insurance etc.. Also, I am willing to GIVE UP some of my existing credit with Chase in exchange for this card"

Rep: "Yes, but based on the information we have here, we just approved a card for you a month ago, and we feel at this time that we have extended to you sufficient credit"

Me: "That card was a consumer card, this card is a business card, they are two entirely different products for different uses. AND once again, I have offered to close other cards on behalf of this one"

Rep: "yes, but once again based on the amount of inquiries on your report..."

Me: "Are you #%ing insane???, didn't I just explain those inquiries to you, and why they should have no bearing on this decision?"

Ok, that last statement didn't happen, but you get the point...

It almost feels like these so-called analysts are not really the ones actually making the decisions...

Offline dealfinder85

• View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: August 22, 2013, 04:19:51 PM »
my friend recently applied for a freedom and got the 7-10 days response
apparently according to the wiki that means declined
worth calling the recon line?

Offline PBaruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: August 22, 2013, 04:27:16 PM »

In my experience, that does not necessarily mean declined.  I have had cards approved after getting such an initial response.
What do you do after your dreams come true?

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: August 22, 2013, 04:30:08 PM »

Always worth calling! Even if you're declined you can always try moving around some credit.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline dealfinder85

• View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: August 22, 2013, 04:31:58 PM »
this is for her first credit card...
but she should have a decent credit score and this is only for a freedom

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: August 22, 2013, 04:35:47 PM »
How old is her credit history? It's worth calling. Worse case scenario, they deny you.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: August 22, 2013, 04:37:28 PM »
10 (reported by one credit bureau) in one year sounds like a lot to me... How many in last 6 months? Last two years?
Also applying a month ago and now is semi-red flag...
This still doesn't explain why they wouldn't let you move credit over...
Another Q- Do you have outstanding balance with Chase that currently doesn't show on CR? (currently in middle of cycle)

Offline ayman

• View Profile
    • Simplify Shopping
« Reply #3716 on: August 22, 2013, 04:56:27 PM »
Yes, same exp and i got approved.
www.simplifyshopping.com

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #3717 on: August 22, 2013, 05:15:26 PM »
Strange thing going on here. Called Chase Business reconsideration, guy turns me down. I offered to close other cards etc.. still no go. I have only applied for one other chase card this year, and my credit is solid.

I called back again, woman picks up, asks me a whole bunch of detailed questions about my business, then tells me the same thing... "I would have to agree with the first analyst...we feel that the credit we already provided to you is sufficient". Also "due to many inquiries on your credit report". I argued that the many inquiries (10 total since last year) were for various cards from various companies that offered various benefits, and yet I use only a tiny amount of my credit ratio. Still no go.

What I have a hard time understanding here is, I refuted every one of their claims:

Rep: "We see a lot of inquiries, this tells us that you are actively pursuing a lot of credit".

Me: "As you can see, I am clearly NOT pursuing a lot of credit, as my credit utilization ratio is almost $0. Those cards in question were opened for their benefits, such as car rental insurance etc.. Also, I am willing to GIVE UP some of my existing credit with Chase in exchange for this card"

Rep: "Yes, but based on the information we have here, we just approved a card for you a month ago, and we feel at this time that we have extended to you sufficient credit"

Me: "That card was a consumer card, this card is a business card, they are two entirely different products for different uses. AND once again, I have offered to close other cards on behalf of this one"

Rep: "yes, but once again based on the amount of inquiries on your report..."

Me: "Are you #%ing insane???, didn't I just explain those inquiries to you, and why they should have no bearing on this decision?"

Ok, that last statement didn't happen, but you get the point...

It almost feels like these so-called analysts are not really the ones actually making the decisions...
+1 just had basically the same conversation, any ideas?

Offline Ephcc90

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: August 22, 2013, 09:05:31 PM »
I just applied for a bold and got grilled about the business! He asked me my eBay Id and said it doesn't match up. While he then further grilled me about my gross income in 2011 I just hung up mid sentence. Do I have a chance with huca? Any ideas what to say now?

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: August 22, 2013, 09:12:35 PM »
I just applied for a bold and got grilled about the business! He asked me my eBay Id and said it doesn't match up. While he then further grilled me about my gross income in 2011 I just hung up mid sentence. Do I have a chance with huca? Any ideas what to say now?
Give different eBay id