Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2415217 times)

Offline Ephraimh

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #5700 on: June 17, 2014, 06:50:33 PM »

I don't think they are "dummies" at all.
Try SM

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: June 17, 2014, 06:58:39 PM »
Try SM
Never had much luck with the SM. Although lots of people do

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: June 17, 2014, 08:11:33 PM »
Try SM

Recon through SM? I never heard of such a thing! Is that what you mean?

BTW Right now I just did another Citi Exec and got approved. I did a US Airways and got pending. I wasn't intending on a AOR today but nu nu.

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #5703 on: June 17, 2014, 08:13:23 PM »

BTW Right now I just did another Citi Exec and got approved. I did a US Airways and got pending. I wasn't intending on a AOR today but nu nu.
My wife and I each got approved via SM within the past month.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: June 17, 2014, 08:15:02 PM »
My wife and I each got approved via SM within the past month.

Trying right now! Any tips? Write a megillah or no?

Offline Ephraimh

• View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: June 17, 2014, 08:15:19 PM »

Yes! Recon through SM! That's exactly what I meant!

I've successfully reconed via SM multiple times after not being able to get it done over the phone.

Good luck!

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #5706 on: June 17, 2014, 08:18:12 PM »
Trying right now! Any tips? Write a megillah or no?
I was too lazy to write a long megillah and still got approved, as did my wife!

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: June 17, 2014, 08:23:06 PM »

If you don't want to deal with annoying reps asking a hundred questions you do SM

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: June 17, 2014, 08:25:16 PM »
I was too lazy to write a long megillah and still got approved, as did my wife!

How about this?

Dear Sir or Madam,

Can you help me? I truly hope so! I just applied for the United Explorer business card and I really need this card for a number of business trips on United that I will be going on soon. As you know, this card uniquely provides me with first checked bag free on United, double miles for purchases on United. It also gets me expended award availability as well as priority boarding privileges. Although I love all of my Chase cards, there is no other card that gets me these benefits. The United card is the only one!

I am all too happy to close other cards and to even lower my overall credit lines with Chase just in order to get this ONE SPECIFIC card for the UNIQUE benefits that it offers.

Can you please help me? I really appreciate your help!

Offline SearchGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: June 17, 2014, 08:29:45 PM »
Was anyone approved for a business card via SM?

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: June 17, 2014, 08:30:02 PM »
How about this?

Dear Sir or Madam,

Can you help me? I truly hope so! I just applied for the United Explorer business card and I really need this card for a number of business trips on United that I will be going on soon. As you know, this card uniquely provides me with first checked bag free on United, double miles for purchases on United. It also gets me expended award availability as well as priority boarding privileges. Although I love all of my Chase cards, there is no other card that gets me these benefits. The United card is the only one!

I am all too happy to close other cards and to even lower my overall credit lines with Chase just in order to get this ONE SPECIFIC card for the UNIQUE benefits that it offers.

How about using the card for business purchases ?

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: June 17, 2014, 08:30:11 PM »
How about this?

Dear Sir or Madam,

Sounds good!

Offline Ephraimh

• View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: June 17, 2014, 08:32:02 PM »

Yes

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: June 17, 2014, 08:33:03 PM »
Lots of people

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: June 17, 2014, 08:34:20 PM »
Lots of people
I wouldn't say lots but yeh for business there were reports.

Offline Ephraimh

• View Profile
« Reply #5715 on: June 17, 2014, 08:34:42 PM »

How about this?

Dear Sir or Madam,

You might wanna focus a bit more on why the reasons they based your denial isn't true.

(Hint: spinning some facts won't hurt)

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: June 17, 2014, 08:47:48 PM »
You might wanna focus a bit more on why the reasons they based your denial isn't true.

(Hint: spinning some facts won't hurt)

Okay, how is this?

I wast told that the reason I was denied is because I have several new cards. I must explain that the reason that all my cards are new is because for 22 years, I really only used American Express cards. It was only in the past year or two that I started moving most of my credit needs over to Chase, both business and personal. That's why there are many new cards. But I am not new to credit and I have a spotless record. I have twenty-two years of perfect history, not a single late payment. Unfortunately it is all with American Express.

Also, the reason I now HAVE so many cards with you is the same reason that you PROVIDE so many cards. I became an educated consumer and I know EXACTLY what each card is for and use each card in very specific and different ways that maximizes the benefits of that card. Right now, I only have Ink business cards. While I love them for 2x gas and 5x office stores, they don't help me at all for what I need the United card for, as I outlined above.

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: June 17, 2014, 09:05:05 PM »
Just asking.. Did you HUCA today again?
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: June 17, 2014, 09:12:04 PM »
Just asking.. Did you HUCA today again?

Yes, brother, I did a HUCA today. It was even an African-American guy named Sean! I thought I hit the jackpot. I got to tell him my whole sob story, but he came back from hold and said, "I am inclined to agree with there decision. We need to see more time with the cards you have now."

Offline Ephraimh

• View Profile
« Reply #5719 on: June 17, 2014, 09:15:03 PM »

Okay, how is this?

I wast told that the reason I was denied is because I have several new cards. I must explain that the reason that all my cards are new is because for 22 years, I really only used American Express cards. It was only in the past year or two that I started moving most of my credit needs over to Chase, both business and personal. That's why there are many new cards. But I am not new to credit and I have a spotless record. I have twenty-two years of perfect history, not a single late payment. Unfortunately it is all with American Express.

Also, the reason I now HAVE so many cards with you is the same reason that you PROVIDE so many cards. I became an educated consumer and I know EXACTLY what each card is for and use each card in very specific and different ways that maximizes the benefits of that card. Right now, I only have Ink business cards. While I love them for 2x gas and 5x office stores, they don't help me at all for what I need the United card for, as I outlined above.
You have some good explanations over there on why what you did and what you're planning on doing isn't a crime... But at the same time you're actually admitting on doing  something they consider the crime...

What worked for me is denying the crime.

Like, on "why you opened several accounts lately", focus only on your BUSINESS accounts to show them that you didn't open do many accounts lately, same goes to "you have too many accounts"