Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2415763 times)

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #5720 on: June 17, 2014, 09:18:53 PM »
Okay, how is this?

I wast told that the reason I was denied is because I have several new cards. The truth is that I only have TWO business cards from Chase ever. I have one credit and one charge. That's it. I would like a United now because of the benefits I already mentioned. Yes, both of these cards are somewhat new. (One is from last year and the other is from this year) but that is because I used to use American Express exclusively for my business cards. I am now moving over more to Chase.

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5721 on: June 17, 2014, 09:33:42 PM »
Yes, brother, I did a HUCA today. It was even an African-American guy named Sean! I thought I hit the jackpot. I got to tell him my whole sob story, but he came back from hold and said, "I am inclined to agree with there decision. We need to see more time with the cards you have now."
HUCA  ;)
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline Ephraimh

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: June 17, 2014, 09:35:04 PM »

Okay, how is this?

I wast told that the reason I was denied is because I have several new cards. The truth is that I only have TWO business cards from Chase ever. I have one credit and one charge. That's it. I would like a United now because of the benefits I already mentioned. Yes, both of these cards are somewhat new. (One is from last year and the other is from this year) but that is because I used to use American Express exclusively for my business cards. I am now moving over more to Chase.
Sounds good GL!

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: June 17, 2014, 09:39:58 PM »
HUCA  ;)

@ilherman, don't try the SM yet?

A few months ago I did HUCA ten times with an Ink targeted offer for 70k. I never got it through.
Last month I did the Ink public offer for 60k and got it after two HUCAs. I feel like the difference was that in the months between those two events, I had crossed the line of where some of my cards became over 12 months old.

I feel like when the answer is that they need more "time" the only thing that works is more time.

That's why SMing seems like it's worth a try. At least it's a new plan of attack.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: June 17, 2014, 09:45:54 PM »

A few months ago I did HUCA ten times with an Ink targeted offer for 70k. I never got it through.
Last month I did the Ink public offer for 60k and got it after two HUCAs. I feel like the difference was that in the months between those two events, I had crossed the line of where some of my cards became over 12 months old.

I feel like when the answer is that they need more "time" the only thing that works is more time.

That's why SMing seems like it's worth a try. At least it's a new plan of attack.
You kept those cards open or closed them to avoid AF ?

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: June 17, 2014, 09:46:12 PM »

By me SM never worked. HUCA worked, even after getting the message we need more time blah blah, with the technique I told ya yesterday.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: June 17, 2014, 09:55:56 PM »
You kept those cards open or closed them to avoid AF ?

All open. I closed one at recon.

By me SM never worked. HUCA worked, even after getting the message we need more time blah blah, with the technique I told ya yesterday.

I used your technique all 5 times so far.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: June 17, 2014, 10:06:09 PM »
All open. I closed one at recon.
Is it keeping the cards open for 12 months or just that they were opened 12 months ago ?

Offline Shmelly

• View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: June 17, 2014, 10:38:43 PM »
IME, the key word is, talk to them BEFORE they look in into your app, they always tell you after you give them the reference number "allow me 2 minutes to look in into the app", when they come back with a no, they wont budge (in most cases) Today when he told me allow me 2 minutes... I right away told him that I currently have my perssonal accounts with Chase and I am extremly happy, I would love to have a business card with them as well... I am not happy with AmEx, Chase is the best etc.. I also added if you feel that I have to much credit already, you can close one of my personal cards blah blah blah ..and he came back, the he can close the SP and approve the Ink!!
This has always been my approach. I give the reference #, pause for a few seconds, and then immediately jump in to a recon request.

"Hi my reference # is 123456789...... letter says I was denied due to too many open accounts, can you shift credit from my __________ account ending in 1234 in order to open this one?". No wild stories, just straight to the point, and it works for me every time.
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: June 17, 2014, 10:40:17 PM »
This has always been my approach. I give the reference #, pause for a few seconds, and then immediately jump in to a recon request.

Is it hurting me that I am using my ss# to look up the ap and not the reference #?

Offline Novo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase A/A, Amex F/R, Citi A/A. Hertz DNR.
« Reply #5730 on: June 17, 2014, 10:41:20 PM »
Is it hurting me that I am using my ss# to look up the ap and not the reference #?
No difference
I try my best :-\
Quote from: Centro
If you wanna go fast, go alone
If you wanna go far, go together

Offline emak

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: June 17, 2014, 10:42:54 PM »

"Hi my reference # is 123456789...... letter says I was denied due to too many open accounts, can you shift credit from my __________ account ending in 1234 in order to open this one?". No wild stories, just straight to the point, and it works for me every time.
Even from a personal card to a business? Seemed like they didn't like doing that.

Offline Shmelly

• View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: June 17, 2014, 10:58:02 PM »
Even from a personal card to a business? Seemed like they didn't like doing that.
Never needed to try that.
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #5733 on: June 17, 2014, 11:39:40 PM »
No difference
You sure? I think that if you give reference number all they see is that app as opposed to pulling it with your social they be like so which one of these 10 apps you calling about. Not to say that when they pull it up with the reference # they can't see the other apps its just not sticking out in their face like that.

Offline Novo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase A/A, Amex F/R, Citi A/A. Hertz DNR.
« Reply #5734 on: June 17, 2014, 11:40:35 PM »
You sure? I think that if you give reference number all they see is that app as opposed to pulling it with your social they be like so which one of these 10 apps you calling about. Not to say that when they pull it up with the reference # they can't see the other apps its just not sticking out in their face like that.
I agree, you have a good point. Though, I've had it several times that they have mentioned me my other apps even I gave them the app ID. I'm sure they look into it before they say.......   congratulations.......

Congrats on post # 3000!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 11:56:16 PM by Novo »
I try my best :-\
Quote from: Centro
If you wanna go fast, go alone
If you wanna go far, go together

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: June 18, 2014, 02:58:05 AM »
I always give a reference #. They still rattle off about all the other apps.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: June 18, 2014, 10:15:11 AM »
This complaint they have of "needing more time/history"... I am wondering, is it hurting me that i have cards that have zero activity for months? I kept them open to use them for leverage, but now I am wondering if it doesn't look bad to have all those cards that were obviously used heavily in the first few months and then collected dust since then.

I also just heard from a Barclay recon guy that "we need to see consistent usage..."

What is the general wisdom about putting usage on cards?

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: June 18, 2014, 10:26:24 AM »
This complaint they have of "needing more time/history"... I am wondering, is it hurting me that i have cards that have zero activity for months? I kept them open to use them for leverage, but now I am wondering if it doesn't look bad to have all those cards that were obviously used heavily in the first few months and then collected dust since then.

I also just heard from a Barclay recon guy that "we need to see consistent usage..."

What is the general wisdom about putting usage on cards?
chase has given me the "consistent usage" talk

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: June 18, 2014, 10:27:36 AM »
chase has given me the "consistent usage" talk

Nu, and?

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: June 18, 2014, 10:32:21 AM »
Nu, and?
I use all my cards a little bit here & there so it shouldn't collect dust.