Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2416718 times)

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #6560 on: October 23, 2014, 08:38:49 AM »
Following up,
Funny thing happened, I called CS and asked about reopening the Marriott, they put me through to a different department (Not recon) and after a soft-pull they reopened the Marriott with another $5000.

Now ill try again closer to the end of the 30 days and ask to move credit for Ink Cash.
 ;D

Was there a bonus on the Marriott? May have trouble getting it now no?

Offline yons14

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: October 23, 2014, 04:12:50 PM »
I got rejected for the Chase Ink Business card (70 thousand offer). I called recon (multiple times) and all representatives said that they cannot approve it because my credit limit on my cc is only 5,000 (not high enough) and I need to verify with documentation that my business is registered and that there is sufficient revenue to get a card. I told here how much I make but she needed documentation. I went into a Chase bank today and the man told me the same thing. He said they need proof of business and revenue to approve it. He said sole proprietorship is the hardest card to get from Chase.

HELP PLEASE?

Offline DMYD

• View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: October 23, 2014, 04:24:42 PM »
I got rejected for the Chase Ink Business card (70 thousand offer). I called recon (multiple times) and all representatives said that they cannot approve it because my credit limit on my cc is only 5,000 (not high enough) and I need to verify with documentation that my business is registered and that there is sufficient revenue to get a card. I told here how much I make but she needed documentation. I went into a Chase bank today and the man told me the same thing. He said they need proof of business and revenue to approve it. He said sole proprietorship is the hardest card to get from Chase.

HELP PLEASE?
It seams that you did what you can, if you don't have proof of business it will be hard to get approved, do you have any other chase cards?

Offline Yitzshpitz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: October 23, 2014, 05:33:56 PM »
How long can I HUCA before it will count as a new apllication/pull? If I keep getting recon every 30 days can I keep on calling them about that application?

Offline D93

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: October 23, 2014, 06:09:58 PM »
How long can I HUCA before it will count as a new apllication/pull? If I keep getting recon every 30 days can I keep on calling them about that application?
just make it clear when you call that you don't want another pull

Offline money spender #4

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: October 23, 2014, 06:16:04 PM »
just make it clear when you call that you don't want another pull
even that can sometimes not be enough. a couple years back i said that to a rep and a pull still showed up on my CR.. ask them twice and make them say that they are not doing another pull. make double sure.. just speaking from my experience.

Offline Friend

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: October 23, 2014, 07:19:16 PM »
Wow, I can't believe it. I got rejected for an Ink card once again.
I've never written a higher income on a business app, and yet after my 10 minute shmooze with them, I got rejected for FOUR reasons: (I'm just in a bad mood so I'm going to vent and list them all even though I know no one here has anything to say other than HUCA - which I think most can agree is dead for Chase biz.)
1) Business is too new. Anything under 5 years is considered new. (I wrote 2 years and know plenty of people that have been approved under 5 years.)
2) Business income is too low. (Again, I've never written as high an income as I did today.)
3) 7 Chase cards in the last 12 months.
4) Opened Chase accounts too recently. (Besides for the fact that I've opened more than 7 Chase cards in the last 12 months, I haven't even applied for one in 5 months! That should be plenty of calm time for them to see that I'm ready for a new card.)

Maybe I'm just not meant for an Ink card. This was, I believe, my 5th attempt at getting an Ink card.
It is very interesting, because I applied for the Ink on Sunday and got pending. I called recon Monday and was approved for 5K limit while
1) I started my business Feb 2014
2) my yearly income from this business is less than 10K
3) I opened 5 Personal CCs in last 12 mo
4) last one was 2 month ago
Yes, I hung up on the 1st rep because she sounded rude. The 2nd rep was nice and got her to approve

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: October 23, 2014, 07:26:22 PM »
It is very interesting, because I applied for the Ink on Sunday and got pending. I called recon Monday and was approved for 5K limit while
Yes, I hung up on the 1st rep because she sounded rude. The 2nd rep was nice and got her to approve
Is this your 1st ink card ?

Offline Friend

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: October 23, 2014, 07:27:47 PM »
Following up,
Funny thing happened, I called CS and asked about reopening the Marriott, they put me through to a different department (Not recon) and after a soft-pull they reopened the Marriott with another $5000.

Now ill try again closer to the end of the 30 days and ask to move credit for Ink Cash.
 ;D
Good for you. Keep trying

Offline Friend

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: October 23, 2014, 07:29:05 PM »
Is this your 1st ink card ?
Yes. My 1st business card

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6570 on: October 23, 2014, 07:48:34 PM »
Wow, thanks! That's crazy. I called and referenced my "friend" who had this similar situation and yeah we had a fun conversation where he told me I'm clearly chasing rewards. Ah, perhaps it really is time for @Yehuda to take a break. Europe was fun. Hawaii shall come. (iy"h) The rest shall wait.

Offline yons14

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6571 on: October 23, 2014, 10:04:14 PM »
It seams that you did what you can, if you don't have proof of business it will be hard to get approved, do you have any other chase cards?

I have a Freedom and two months ago I was approved for the United Explorer card...

Offline DMYD

• View Profile
« Reply #6572 on: October 23, 2014, 10:08:08 PM »
I have a Freedom and two months ago I was approved for the United Explorer card...
If they are asking for documentation then they probably won't approve till you provide that, the United card is business or personal?

Offline yons14

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6573 on: October 23, 2014, 10:17:32 PM »
If they are asking for documentation then they probably won't approve till you provide that, the United card is business or personal?

United Expplorer is Personal.

I was under the impression from Dan's posts and the seminar that simply stating sole proprietorship and "selling on ebay" is enough to get a business card. Wasn' aware of the documentation needed. Additionally, friends of mine have gotten them before and they certainly have no documentation of a business of any kind

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #6574 on: October 23, 2014, 10:19:13 PM »

I was under the impression from Dan's posts and the seminar that simply stating sole proprietorship and "selling on ebay" is enough to get a business card. Wasn' aware of the documentation needed. Additionally, friends of mine have gotten them before and they certainly have no documentation of a business of any kind
People have gotten approved that way, but if they're asking for proof...

Offline DMYD

• View Profile
« Reply #6575 on: October 23, 2014, 10:22:53 PM »

Same here I had over 5 different business cards in the past 15 months and was never asked for documentation, but if they would have asked I probably wouldn't get approved, and they usually like to see established personal credit before they issue a business card, and the minimum credit they will give for the ink is 5k even though I once got approved for 4k.

Offline yons14

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6576 on: October 23, 2014, 11:05:50 PM »
Same here I had over 5 different business cards in the past 15 months and was never asked for documentation, but if they would have asked I probably wouldn't get approved, and they usually like to see established personal credit before they issue a business card, and the minimum credit they will give for the ink is 5k even though I once got approved for 4k.

Thanks! is there a number I should say if they ask for how much I do in sales? I didn't want to lie and then get messed over come tax time or if they push for documentation

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #6577 on: October 23, 2014, 11:07:38 PM »
Thanks! is there a number I should say if they ask for how much I do in sales? I didn't want to lie and then get messed over come tax time or if they push for documentation
How would you get messed over come tax time ?

Offline DMYD

• View Profile
« Reply #6578 on: October 23, 2014, 11:08:42 PM »
Nop we don't lie here, so say what you want, the more the better.

Offline DMYD

• View Profile
« Reply #6579 on: October 23, 2014, 11:09:54 PM »
How would you get messed over come tax time ?
Well if he says 500K and they want proof and it only shows 50K.