Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2415344 times)

Offline Buruch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #6920 on: December 21, 2014, 04:37:54 PM »
Applied for BA Freedom and SP for wife, and got 3x pending. Wife's history is au on a few of my cards that are 1-2 years old, and had a usair for 6 months with no spend on it, but closed a couple weeks ago and opened a new usair a week later. Called recon right away, and gave a shpiel. Rep didn't really listen, and came back a minute later and said SP was approved for 12k and Freedom for 10k. (It was auto because she didn't spend time reviewing the apps.) Asked about the BA, and she said it didn't show in the system - prolly because the system considered it a duplicate app, so rejected it. Called again and got same shpiel on BA. Submitted BA app again and got pending. Called up, and rep said app is duplicate because of the first BA one which didn't process because I put the last 4 of my ssn on that app rather than my wife's. He asked some verifying info then modified first app. Came back and said it was approved for 12k. I asked if he approved it, and he said that the system automatically approved it once he fixed the info.... I was blown away! Then did amex 3bm - one instant approval, and 2 pending for "cool off period" of 4-5 days  >:( ::)

Offline eli.f

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6921 on: December 21, 2014, 04:42:46 PM »
Applied for BA Freedom and SP for wife, and got 3x pending. Wife's history is au on a few of my cards that are 1-2 years old, and had a usair for 6 months with no spend on it, but closed a couple weeks ago and opened a new usair a week later. Called recon right away, and gave a shpiel. Rep didn't really listen, and came back a minute later and said SP was approved for 12k and Freedom for 10k. (It was auto because she didn't spend time reviewing the apps.) Asked about the BA, and she said it didn't show in the system - prolly because the system considered it a duplicate app, so rejected it. Called again and got same shpiel on BA. Submitted BA app again and got pending. Called up, and rep said app is duplicate because of the first BA one which didn't process because I put the last 4 of my ssn on that app rather than my wife's. He asked some verifying info then modified first app. Came back and said it was approved for 12k. I asked if he approved it, and he said that the system automatically approved it once he fixed the info.... I was blown away! Then did amex 3bm - one instant approval, and 2 pending for "cool off period" of 4-5 days  >:( ::)
34K instant CL's for 1st Chase cards for someone with such a thin file? What income did you report? (approximately)

Offline clear thinker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6922 on: December 21, 2014, 05:06:27 PM »
Wowowow! That's good stuff!
3 cards in 30 days chase!

Offline MeirS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6923 on: December 21, 2014, 05:14:54 PM »
Just heard from a friend who had a similar great experience with chase, 3 cards approved with no prior chase history, he started doing his spend, only to be A/Aed and shut down 2 weeks later.

Proceed with caution!!

I would request them to lower my credit lines.

Offline eli.f

• View Profile
« Reply #6924 on: December 21, 2014, 05:17:26 PM »
Just heard from a friend who had a similar great experience with chase, 3 cards approved with no prior chase history, he started doing his spend, only to be A/Aed and shut down 2 weeks later.

Proceed with caution!!

Makes sense.
It's possible that they kept approving you for more credit cause the system wasn't synced with the credit already given, but after a while, the system could catch on.

Offline Buruch

• View Profile
« Reply #6925 on: December 21, 2014, 05:34:53 PM »
Thanks for the warning - will do. Btw, did he do his spend really quick?

Offline eli.f

• View Profile
« Reply #6926 on: December 21, 2014, 05:37:43 PM »
BTW: It would make sense, that from Chase's point of view, large CL's are much riskier than quick spend.
(I know. Not everything Chase does makes sense, but still)

Offline benjie1305

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6927 on: December 21, 2014, 05:50:37 PM »
Depends on how the rep is. If you feel like they may do it, go for it.

+100
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline Buruch

• View Profile
« Reply #6928 on: December 21, 2014, 06:22:28 PM »
What do y'all think is a good amount to lower it by?

Offline shael

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6929 on: December 21, 2014, 06:31:07 PM »
I usually do $5k

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6930 on: December 21, 2014, 08:03:56 PM »

Proceed with caution!!

How much spend did he do in those 2 weeks ?

Offline MeirS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6931 on: December 21, 2014, 08:07:40 PM »

How much spend did he do in those 2 weeks ?
He didn't finish his spend on any of the cards so, he couldn't have spent to much.

Offline Buruch

• View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: December 21, 2014, 08:10:30 PM »
Was he able to back up his stated income? Or did they just shut him down without giving him a chance?

Offline eli.f

• View Profile
« Reply #6933 on: December 21, 2014, 11:42:01 PM »
Was he able to back up his stated income? Or did they just shut him down without giving him a chance?
This isn't AMEX. They don't really give you a chance.

Offline Buruch

• View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: December 21, 2014, 11:43:03 PM »
Can he open new cards?

Offline eli.f

• View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: December 21, 2014, 11:44:23 PM »
Can he open new cards?
Check the Chase A/A thread

Offline benjie1305

• View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: December 22, 2014, 11:41:43 AM »
Just got 2 cards approved. Do you guys think I could in theory call Chase and ask to get a 3rd and have it approved without them pulling again? I got approved last week. Or will they def pull my credit again?
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: December 22, 2014, 11:42:30 AM »
Just got 2 cards approved. Do you guys think I could in theory call Chase and ask to get a 3rd and have it approved without them pulling again? I got approved last week. Or will they def pull my credit again?
They shouldn't/won't pull without asking/mentioning it first. Can't hurt to call.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline benjie1305

• View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: December 22, 2014, 11:46:15 AM »
They shouldn't/won't pull without asking/mentioning it first. Can't hurt to call.

Nice! Gotta see if anything could is out there. Just got freedom/BA.
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #6939 on: December 22, 2014, 11:47:17 AM »
Nice! Gotta see if anything could is out there. Just got freedom/BA.
I think i misread your original post. You will not likely get a 3rd card by applying now for it. If you had applied for three on one day, you can still get it approved without the extra pull.
Quaerite et Invenietis.