Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2400789 times)

Offline Maxdeck123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #7280 on: February 01, 2015, 08:44:09 PM »
@timT @eli.f @marcopolo
UPDATE:
I called Recon again tonight, was hoping for a guy to discuss Super Bowl stuff  :P
Ended up shmoozing about it for a while, shifted to college football, and then got into it. Asked a random question about transferring CL and after a few minutes of spacing out during his answer  ;) I asked for a recon for BA. Told me a different reason why he couldn't approve, To many approvals in a short period of time (didn't care about the newness of account). Asked about switching over my freedom to BA and he said he will write in his notes and that after you zero out ur bill there should be no reason they should deny you! He put it in the notes on account said to mention his name and speak with a senior if the rep won't approve!! B"H it will got through. This just proves that HUCA works! Thanks guys!

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7281 on: February 01, 2015, 08:46:02 PM »
@timT @eli.f @marcopolo
UPDATE:
I called Recon again tonight, was hoping for a guy to discuss Super Bowl stuff  :P
Ended up shmoozing about it for a while, shifted to college football, and then got into it. Asked a random question about transferring CL and after a few minutes of spacing out during his answer  ;) I asked for a recon for BA. Told me a different reason why he couldn't approve, To many approvals in a short period of time (didn't care about the newness of account). Asked about switching over my freedom to BA and he said he will write in his notes and that after you zero out ur bill there should be no reason they should deny you! He put it in the notes on account said to mention his name and speak with a senior if the rep won't approve!! B"H it will got through. This just proves that HUCA works! Thanks guys!
Nice. Hope it goes through. Will there be another pull ?

Offline Maxdeck123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7282 on: February 01, 2015, 08:49:57 PM »
Nice. Hope it goes through. Will there be another pull ?
I assume not, he said they would just transfer the credit to a BA card bc he said the only reason we would deny you is bc too much credit and all within 3 months, so when I offered to transfer the whole CL to BA he said that won't be a problem!
(I will downgrade my sapphire in a year to freedom and the. Reapply for the sapphire once again  ;))

Offline DoB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7283 on: February 01, 2015, 10:06:47 PM »
Just did a 2bm for the BA and Southwest cards.  The website told me both times that my application requires further review.

So I followed the wiki directions to check the status.  The first application was apparently denied ("You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision"); the second is pending ("You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks"). I think I clicked on the BA app a few seconds before the Southwest app, but I don't know if they keep track of "first" and "second" to the second.

I'll call recon tomorrow - any chance I'll be approved for both? I have plenty of credit with three other Chase cards (including a "spare" Freedom card that I haven't used since 2008) that I can volunteer to transfer over to these two.

While this is pending, would applying for another card from a different issuer (Citi) be a bad idea? Or does it not make a difference, since they already did the pull?

Offline DMYD

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7284 on: February 01, 2015, 11:08:27 PM »
Just did a 2bm for the BA and Southwest cards.  The website told me both times that my application requires further review.

So I followed the wiki directions to check the status.  The first application was apparently denied ("You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision"); the second is pending ("You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks"). I think I clicked on the BA app a few seconds before the Southwest app, but I don't know if they keep track of "first" and "second" to the second.

I'll call recon tomorrow - any chance I'll be approved for both? I have plenty of credit with three other Chase cards (including a "spare" Freedom card that I haven't used since 2008) that I can volunteer to transfer over to these two.

While this is pending, would applying for another card from a different issuer (Citi) be a bad idea? Or does it not make a difference, since they already did the pull?
First find out tomorrow the reason you were denied, closing cards and moving credit over can help, and applying for a citi card will be another pull.

Offline DMYD

• View Profile
« Reply #7285 on: February 01, 2015, 11:16:30 PM »
and it will not affect your chase application if that was your Q
come again? whats your question?

Offline DoB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: February 01, 2015, 11:19:48 PM »
First find out tomorrow the reason you were denied, closing cards and moving credit over can help, and applying for a citi card will be another pull.

But will that Citi pull affect my chances of approval for the Chase cards that I've already applied for?

Offline DMYD

• View Profile
« Reply #7287 on: February 01, 2015, 11:21:41 PM »
But will that Citi pull affect my chances of approval for the Chase cards that I've already applied for?
No it shouldn't

Offline ShlockDoc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7288 on: February 01, 2015, 11:37:22 PM »

In the future, try to call recon on the same day as the app. 

Offline mawmaw

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: February 02, 2015, 12:20:25 AM »
No it shouldn't
was trying to say that ^ sorry for the incomplete replay :-[

Offline DoB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7290 on: February 02, 2015, 09:16:08 PM »

Got through to recon after ~15 minutes on hold. The rep said that one of my applications was being processed by the Verifications Department (same phone as one of the Fraud numbers listed in the wiki), but they were already closed for the day, so I have to call back tomorrow. The other had already been denied, but he transferred over some of my excess credit from another Chase card and approved it.

He did ask why I was applying for so many cards. Is two cards really "so many"? My most recent Chase app before this was last April or May.

Offline DMYD

• View Profile
« Reply #7291 on: February 02, 2015, 09:19:38 PM »
Got through to recon after ~15 minutes on hold. The rep said that one of my applications was being processed by the Verifications Department (same phone as one of the Fraud numbers listed in the wiki), but they were already closed for the day, so I have to call back tomorrow. The other had already been denied, but he transferred over some of my excess credit from another Chase card and approved it.

He did ask why I was applying for so many cards. Is two cards really "so many"? My most recent Chase app before this was last April or May.
You probably missed some number when you put in your social or DOB, but no 2 isn't a lot, just say you plan on flying with them, and you would like to use those credit cards to purchase your tickets.

Offline Maxdeck123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7292 on: February 03, 2015, 12:25:07 PM »
@TimT
Officially approved for BA. Unfortunately he did have to close out my freedom card and transfer the CL. Thanks for your help!
Also, I hear you can downgrade the sapphire to a freedom at the end of the year is that true?

Offline benjie1305

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #7293 on: February 03, 2015, 12:44:03 PM »
@TimT
Officially approved for BA. Unfortunately he did have to close out my freedom card and transfer the CL. Thanks for your help!
Also, I hear you can downgrade the sapphire to a freedom at the end of the year is that true?

You can downgrade CSP > Freedom. Yes.
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #7294 on: February 03, 2015, 12:44:49 PM »
You can downgrade CSP > Freedom. Yes.
I was just told the card needs to be open for 13 months. May be a YMMV, but can be done.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Maxdeck123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7295 on: February 03, 2015, 12:48:13 PM »
I was just told the card needs to be open for 13 months. May be a YMMV, but can be done.
Basically if that's true that want to squeeze one AF out of you?

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7296 on: February 03, 2015, 12:52:38 PM »
Basically if that's true that want to squeeze one AF out of you?
Sort of but still refunfable
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Maxdeck123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7297 on: February 03, 2015, 02:29:57 PM »
Sort of but still refunfable
How just request one?

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile