Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2414742 times)

Offline itsyehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #8320 on: June 19, 2015, 12:21:37 PM »

What was the outcome ?

Wasn't good. Was a while ago. I had better luck with reconsideration without having the banker nearby.  More shmoozeable like that.
I remember when a coke was a nickel, and you could buy VRs in OD.

Offline SPLP

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: June 19, 2015, 12:25:09 PM »
What was the outcome ?

Same rejection - no change

Offline Malachi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: June 19, 2015, 04:18:19 PM »
I got instant approvals on 2 co branded cards. Applied for the Hyatt was rejected, no dice. Has there been anyone who's had the 3 cards approved within  30 days  lately? Thanks.
Denny Crane

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: June 19, 2015, 04:32:05 PM »
I got instant approvals on 2 co branded cards. Applied for the Hyatt was rejected, no dice. Has there been anyone who's had the 3 cards approved within  30 days  lately? Thanks.
So I did a 3bm and got approved for all 3 sp, Ritz, ba! Took about 4 or 5 calls to recon.

Offline Malachi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8324 on: June 19, 2015, 06:08:52 PM »

appreciate it, time to charm my way into the Hyatt !
Denny Crane

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #8325 on: June 19, 2015, 06:11:22 PM »
appreciate it, time to charm my way into the Hyatt !
Good luck. 3 is possible, but not easy.

Offline CS91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8326 on: June 19, 2015, 07:35:39 PM »
So just did a 2BM for the BA and SP. Never had either card before, and my only other Chase cards are the Ink, Freedom, and Hyatt (and AU on wife's SP). BA was the first one that I submitted and I got the message to call them with the reference number. SP just said decision pending and letter will be coming in the mail.

Called for BA, and they said that because I recently moved, they want to verify my address before continuing to look at my application, so they are sending me a letter on how to verify my new address. Then called for the SP and they said because I have opened 6 cards in the past 12 months (not with Chase, all of them are with other banks), they don't want to give me a new account so my app is declined. The rep claimed that it's impossible for him to reconsider. I offered to shift over credit from other cards, but he said it's not only about issuing me more credit, but about giving me a new account.

Going to wait for the instructions for the BA card and take it from there. But do I HUCA for the SP? Or based on what the rep said, did I hit a dead end?

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #8327 on: June 19, 2015, 07:45:59 PM »
So just did a 2BM for the BA and SP. Never had either card before, and my only other Chase cards are the Ink, Freedom, and Hyatt (and AU on wife's SP). BA was the first one that I submitted and I got the message to call them with the reference number. SP just said decision pending and letter will be coming in the mail.

Called for BA, and they said that because I recently moved, they want to verify my address before continuing to look at my application, so they are sending me a letter on how to verify my new address. Then called for the SP and they said because I have opened 6 cards in the past 12 months (not with Chase, all of them are with other banks), they don't want to give me a new account so my app is declined. The rep claimed that it's impossible for him to reconsider. I offered to shift over credit from other cards, but he said it's not only about issuing me more credit, but about giving me a new account.

Going to wait for the instructions for the BA card and take it from there. But do I HUCA for the SP? Or based on what the rep said, did I hit a dead end?
You HUCA
Or go into a bank to recon.

Offline talkitup90

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8328 on: June 20, 2015, 05:12:02 PM »
I have an update about my experience with Chase 3BM / Chase Recon in June 2015. I helped my mom apply for 3 cards on the same day:

Applications:
-UA MP Explorer: Auto Approved
-Freedom: Pending, then autoapproved a week later.
-CSP: Pending, then denied due to "Too requests for credit or accounts open with us" The only accounts she has with Chase are the two cards mentioned above that were just approved. Also, she only had like 2 HP's in the last year or two, so that seemed like a bogus excuse.

Recon Experience:
After lots of HUCAs, I was finally able to get the CSP approved. However, the ONLY way the CSR was willing to approve the CSP was by closing the Freedom. She completely refused to decrease the limit on both the UA MP Explorer and the Freedom to just give us 5k for the CSP. She said she would only approved the CSP if we completely closed out the Freedom. I went ahead and accepted her offer of approving the CSP and closing out the Freedom.

Now, giving the current situation, here are my

Thoughts / concerns:
1.I'd like to try to call recon again tomorrow to have them reopen the Freedom we closed by moving some credit from the MP Explorer. Should we call recon to reopen the card or is there another line we should try?

2.Reopening the Freedom shouldn't result in another HP. I'm thinking of trying to reopen it asap, but perhaps I should wait a few weeks so that there's only one card approved in the last 30 days instead of two.

3.We never physically received the Freedom card so clearly there's no spend on it and we haven't received the 20k point bonus. In this case, we could still apply for it in the future and still get the bonus, right? The wording in their application says "I understand that any new cardmember bonus offers for this product are not available to either current or previous cardmembers of this product who received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the last 24 months."

Any suggestions, phone numbers to call to reopen the Freedom or thoughts on this? I'd really like to get my parents as many UA miles as possible so they can take a trip to Europe or somewhere else nice . Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 05:21:38 PM by talkitup90 »

Offline Jm1248

• View Profile
« Reply #8329 on: June 20, 2015, 10:22:38 PM »
If you get approved for a chase card you get the bonus even if you got it within the last 24 months

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #8330 on: June 20, 2015, 10:24:31 PM »
If you get approved for a chase card you get the bonus even if you got it within the last 24 months
Not airline or hotel cards

Offline Jm1248

• View Profile
« Reply #8331 on: June 21, 2015, 02:16:50 AM »
Not airline or hotel cards
He's talking about the freedom card (I think)

Offline CS91

• View Profile
« Reply #8332 on: June 21, 2015, 08:34:09 PM »

You HUCA

Update: HUCA'd and they immediately mentioned that I spoke to someone on Friday. They also said that they "don't have the ability to reconsider" because of the reason that they declined me. Rep was super nice to the extent that I think even if I HUCA again, I don't think I'll land on someone nicer.

As a data point, she mentioned that for the Freedom, SP, and Slate, they have recently implemented stricter policies for approving. Whatever that means. I'm all for keeping in trying, but I feel like this is a dead end...

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #8333 on: June 21, 2015, 08:38:36 PM »
As a data point, she mentioned that for the Freedom, SP, and Slate, they have recently implemented stricter policies for approving. Whatever that means.
She means if you had 4-5 cards in the last 2 cards. She didn't mention ink ?

Offline CS91

• View Profile
« Reply #8334 on: June 21, 2015, 11:32:21 PM »

She means if you had 4-5 cards in the last 2 cards. She didn't mention ink ?

Don't really understand what you said. Think there may be a typo.

But to clarify, their reason for declining was 6 new accounts on last 2 years. The accounts are:

2 Citi
Chase Hyatt
AU on wife's SP
Student Loan
Barclay Aviator

She didn't mention the Ink that I opened this past October, though I suspect that is because it's a business card.

Offline Jm1248

• View Profile
« Reply #8335 on: June 21, 2015, 11:35:41 PM »
First Amex with the "one bonus per lifetime", now chase with a 5 card maximum. Sensing a pretty bad trend here

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #8336 on: June 21, 2015, 11:38:19 PM »
Don't really understand what you said. Think there may be a typo.

But to clarify, their reason for declining was 6 new accounts on last 2 years. The accounts are:

2 Citi
Chase Hyatt
AU on wife's SP
Student Loan
Barclay Aviator

She didn't mention the Ink that I opened this past October, though I suspect that is because it's a business card.
They've been declining new UR cards for some because of 5 opened cards in the past 2 years.
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=8398.msg1180450#msg1180450

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #8337 on: June 22, 2015, 05:22:37 AM »
First Amex with the "one bonus per lifetime", now chase with a 5 card maximum. Sensing a pretty bad trend here

There is no 5 card maximum . I have 6 of each!

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #8338 on: June 22, 2015, 07:50:47 AM »
There is no 5 card maximum . I have 6 of each!
It's not a hard rule but many are getting that line recently.

Offline JunkYardUnz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #8339 on: June 22, 2015, 08:23:27 AM »
Not sure if there is a special thread for Chase business reconsideration. I just got declined for a Ink business  card (I had business Ink cards before) and the excuse the they gave me was, we see you have great credit but there is a section of your credit report that shows business credit and it's blank. If your business was around for three plus years, as you claim we should see something there. I told him that, that's weird a) I have 2 Amex Business card under that business. b) I never heard of that before. He said I should call Amex and have them report my business credit card as business credit.

Am I crazy for never knowing this or did this guy just make stuff up on me?