Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2417276 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #8380 on: June 23, 2015, 01:33:32 PM »
Go into a branch?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline zer0k1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: June 23, 2015, 02:46:40 PM »
Go into a branch?

me? all the reps I've spoken to said its a write-off since I only have 6 months of credit history. Do you think I could still be successful in branch?

Offline CS91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: June 23, 2015, 03:31:51 PM »
me? all the reps I've spoken to said its a write-off since I only have 6 months of credit history. Do you think I could still be successful in branch?

I would go into a branch as Dan suggested. From calling in, it seemed like I was at a dead end, but then I ended up getting approved by getting someone in the branch to push for me.

Offline davidd75

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: June 23, 2015, 03:37:15 PM »
Did a 3 BM  sometime in mid May United Explorer approved right away, SW premier approved after about a week, SW plus was declined after HUCA today citing too many cc's and applications in the last year

Offline gubevo18

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8384 on: June 23, 2015, 03:44:07 PM »
Did a 3BM a few weeks ago for SP, BA and United. Got immediate approval on the SP and BA but got declined for the united due to too many accounts opened with us too soon. Note that these were my first Chase cc's. Called recon they said that they wanna see how I handle these accounts first. Worth it to HUCA?   also I do have a decent size account with chase bank.

Offline gubevo18

• View Profile
« Reply #8385 on: June 23, 2015, 03:45:51 PM »
I'd like to add that I don't want to get A/A'd to start off my experience with chase.

Offline PETERP

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8386 on: June 23, 2015, 03:46:34 PM »
Did a 3BM a few weeks ago for SP, BA and United. Got immediate approval on the SP and BA but got declined for the united due to too many accounts opened with us too soon. Note that these were my first Chase cc's. Called recon they said that they wanna see how I handle these accounts first. Worth it to HUCA?   also I do have a decent size account with chase bank.

How did you handle them . Did they close,did you
pay so that you could mention that to them?

Offline gubevo18

• View Profile
« Reply #8387 on: June 23, 2015, 03:48:11 PM »
I was very nice I did pay but I neglected to mention that.

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #8388 on: June 23, 2015, 03:48:46 PM »
I was very nice I did pay but I neglected to mention that.

HUCA

Offline zer0k1

• View Profile
« Reply #8389 on: June 23, 2015, 06:02:23 PM »
I would go into a branch as Dan suggested. From calling in, it seemed like I was at a dead end, but then I ended up getting approved by getting someone in the branch to push for me.

My only concern in visiting the branch is when they ask about my income, i.e. proof - should that be a concern given that I am under 21 and cannot include my parents income yet?

Offline LoLo

• View Profile
« Reply #8390 on: June 23, 2015, 06:15:29 PM »
they did for me a couple months ago and kept declining me based on my 15k credit line on my starwood biz amex saying I had a ton of credit and wasn't using it all (shows prob 2k). almost like they preferred me to max out my amex each month.
Thought biz cards don't report how much was spent?

Offline CS91

• View Profile
« Reply #8391 on: June 23, 2015, 07:18:52 PM »
My only concern in visiting the branch is when they ask about my income, i.e. proof - should that be a concern given that I am under 21 and cannot include my parents income yet?

They just asked me for income, but didn't ask for proof.

Offline zer0k1

• View Profile
« Reply #8392 on: June 24, 2015, 10:32:00 AM »
I visited 2 Chase branches. The first one, the banker just called the lending department and had the same result as when I called. The second banker told me that the as of 2 years ago Chase no longer gives the branches ability to extend credit and if I was already turned down for recon theres nothing he can do....

Offline cheryld

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8393 on: June 24, 2015, 11:00:06 AM »
Well I've called 3 times now on my declined INk Cash card. I have a PLUS which I opened last July and a Bold from 3 years ago.  Originally declined for: Insufficient Business Income, New Chase Business card recently opened(really?), You already have the maximum amount of credit we can offer you.

First call - explained that I didn't want any more credit - could they move credit from an existing card?  They said that I had new cards recently opened....I countered with the most recent was a year ago.  Once they researched the exact open dates of the other cards - I was then told that I needed to grow my business more before they would extend new credit.  And by even giving me a new card with some of the credit from an existing card - they were extending more credit...didn't understand that, but gave up.

Called again - told that they needed more history on my business.  Still wouldn't take credit line from existing card to open card.  Mentioned that I had already called on this.

Called again today.  Right off the bat they say I have called twice on this and they see what I was told.  I don't have enough history with my business showing up on their records and I need to 'grow' my business so that it shows on my nebulous 'Business History'...wherever that is.  It does not have to do with how much I spend on the card or what I put down when I apply.  Those were the only facts I could get out of the rep.

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #8394 on: June 24, 2015, 12:55:54 PM »
Well I've called 3 times now on my declined INk Cash card. I have a PLUS which I opened last July and a Bold from 3 years ago.  Originally declined for: Insufficient Business Income, New Chase Business card recently opened(really?), You already have the maximum amount of credit we can offer you.

First call - explained that I didn't want any more credit - could they move credit from an existing card?  They said that I had new cards recently opened....I countered with the most recent was a year ago.  Once they researched the exact open dates of the other cards - I was then told that I needed to grow my business more before they would extend new credit.  And by even giving me a new card with some of the credit from an existing card - they were extending more credit...didn't understand that, but gave up.

Called again - told that they needed more history on my business.  Still wouldn't take credit line from existing card to open card.  Mentioned that I had already called on this.

Called again today.  Right off the bat they say I have called twice on this and they see what I was told.  I don't have enough history with my business showing up on their records and I need to 'grow' my business so that it shows on my nebulous 'Business History'...wherever that is.  It does not have to do with how much I spend on the card or what I put down when I apply.  Those were the only facts I could get out of the rep.

Being as how CL on Biz cards is not a hard number , ( regardless what it says) , any time they open a new card without closing an existing card , they are extending you more credit !

FYI I was told , Chase will always allow more than your limit on Visa Signature and Biz cards .

Offline Jeremiah

• View Profile
« Reply #8395 on: June 24, 2015, 02:06:21 PM »
Is there a way to find the app id online?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #8396 on: June 24, 2015, 02:08:18 PM »
I visited 2 Chase branches. The first one, the banker just called the lending department and had the same result as when I called. The second banker told me that the as of 2 years ago Chase no longer gives the branches ability to extend credit and if I was already turned down for recon theres nothing he can do....
Do you have an account with $10K in it?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline maxie m

• View Profile
« Reply #8397 on: June 24, 2015, 02:10:57 PM »
I do and I'm in the same boat, I never churned with Chase either,I have a freedom for a couple of years now and and an IP
Dumb people learn from their own mistakes,smart people,from the mistakes of others

Offline zer0k1

• View Profile
« Reply #8398 on: June 24, 2015, 02:34:57 PM »

No but they didn't even ask if I was a Chase client they acted as though it was a write-off that they could do anything if the lending department said no. Do you think its worth pursing this further?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8399 on: June 24, 2015, 02:38:44 PM »
No but they didn't even ask if I was a Chase client they acted as though it was a write-off that they could do anything if the lending department said no. Do you think its worth pursing this further?
They won't send in the SRF unless you have a checking account with $10K in it.