Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374245 times)

Offline Bentzy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #8200 on: June 15, 2015, 12:45:23 PM »
3BM for Ink Plus, Ink Cash, and United Biz.  Ink Plus was approved automatically.  First call to biz recon for the Ink Cash failed (too many new cards opened in the past year, blah blah blah).  Second call to biz recon for the United Biz was a breeze.  Before the rep could tell me why I was denied, I cited that I don't need additional credit, just need the card because I fly United all the time and having the card will save me $100 in bag fees per round trip.  Recon rep split my Ink Plus credit to open the United Biz.  Will call to recon the Ink Cash in a few days.

You got auto approved for the ink plus even though you had 5+ new cards in the last two years?

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8201 on: June 15, 2015, 12:55:07 PM »
You got auto approved for the ink plus even though you had 5+ new cards in the last two years?

Correct.  About a month before I applied, I closed all 3 of my existing Chase business cards, so I don't know if that played a role in the auto approval or not.

Offline yitrap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8202 on: June 15, 2015, 01:02:16 PM »
Recon keeps giving the 2 cards in 30 days issue to my friend...they are offering to close one of the other cards that he already got and finished the spend on, does anyone know if he'll get the points on the first card (marriott) if the statement hasn't closed yet?

Offline Bentzy

• View Profile
« Reply #8203 on: June 15, 2015, 01:02:25 PM »
Correct.  About a month before I applied, I closed all 3 of my existing Chase business cards, so I don't know if that played a role in the auto approval or not.

Thanks for the info.

Is it possible to be auto approved for the CSP at this point with numerous new cards in the last 2 years, or is that an automatic denial? To clarify, is it an automatic trigger not to be approved, or only an issue if you need to call for reconsideration?

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #8204 on: June 15, 2015, 01:03:32 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Is it possible to be auto approved for the CSP at this point with numerous new cards in the last 2 years, or is that an automatic denial? To clarify, is it an automatic trigger not to be approved, or only an issue if you need to call for reconsideration?
Anything is possible

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #8205 on: June 15, 2015, 01:03:44 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Is it possible to be auto approved for the CSP at this point with numerous new cards in the last 2 years
, or is that an automatic denial? To clarify, is it an automatic trigger not to be approved, or only an issue if you need to call for reconsideration?
Yes.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline TC610

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8206 on: June 15, 2015, 01:05:46 PM »

IME, yes, but it can vary.  I was auto approved for CSP and BA back in January.  Granted, I'm not as heavy a churner as others here, but I do churn.

Offline Bentzy

• View Profile
« Reply #8207 on: June 15, 2015, 01:16:34 PM »
Yes.
IME, yes, but it can vary.  I was auto approved for CSP and BA back in January.  Granted, I'm not as heavy a churner as others here, but I do churn.

Now that I cant expect to be able to transfer credit during recon... For best chance of getting approved instantly,  would it make sense to close other cards with out transferring/keeping my credit line?

Offline yuguy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8208 on: June 15, 2015, 01:30:40 PM »
Now that I cant expect to be able to transfer credit during recon... For best chance of getting approved instantly,  would it make sense to close other cards with out transferring/keeping my credit line?

For some people who have been unable to open a new CSP/Freedom/Ink, it often times has nothing to do with the amount of credit they've extended to you, it's about cards opened in the past two years.

That being said, I guess it couldn't hurt if you consolidated the credit and didn't need that said card anymore.

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #8209 on: June 15, 2015, 01:48:21 PM »
For some people who have been unable to open a new CSP/Freedom/Ink, it often times has nothing to do with the amount of credit they've extended to you, it's about cards opened in the past two years.

That being said, I guess it couldn't hurt if you consolidated the credit and didn't need that said card anymore.

Chase has not been very keen to transfer CL lately when closing newer cards, especially when AF is not due, and used as the reason to give up card .
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 02:06:16 PM by PETERP »

Offline yuguy

• View Profile
« Reply #8210 on: June 15, 2015, 01:53:04 PM »

Chase gas not been very keen to transfer CL lately when closing newer cards, especially when AF is not due, and used as the reason to give up card .

Interesting--I was able to transfer my CL from CSP 5 weeks ago. Guess that's another wrinkle.

Offline yuguy

• View Profile
« Reply #8211 on: June 15, 2015, 02:05:03 PM »
Thoughts on removing AUs to help them get approvals? I know it'll be on the report for 10 years, but any likelihood that the bank would ask the bureau to remove it completely?

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #8212 on: June 15, 2015, 02:07:31 PM »
Interesting--I was able to transfer my CL from CSP 5 weeks ago. Guess that's another wrinkle.

How long have you had card ?  Where u closing or just moving CL around .

Offline avadah

• View Profile
« Reply #8213 on: June 15, 2015, 02:11:19 PM »

Chase has not been very keen to transfer CL lately when closing newer cards, especially when AF is not due, and used as the reason to give up card .
First call to transfer credit and then make a 2nd call to close it.

Offline yuguy

• View Profile
« Reply #8214 on: June 15, 2015, 02:24:18 PM »
How long have you had card ?  Where u closing or just moving CL around .

I had that card for 8 months, so not quite a year--I said i didn't have use for the card, travel habits changed, etc,. They were able to close it it with the minimal $500 left on there. Closed it on May 6, 2015, I believe.

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #8215 on: June 15, 2015, 03:36:51 PM »
I had that card for 8 months, so not quite a year--I said i didn't have use for the card, travel habits changed, etc,. They were able to close it it with the minimal $500 left on there. Closed it on May 6, 2015, I believe.

Upon further thought I believe I was stopped once
 because there was a balance
due . Other time moved all except $500
and closed on same call

Offline mord1

• View Profile
« Reply #8216 on: June 16, 2015, 01:09:23 AM »
I applied for ink a few weeks ago, denied, called recon they said NO, to many cards, to many inquiries ...I just called again today and she said asked me the income questions and then said She would approve me for $5,000 CL but it had to go to some department because I already have a lot of credit with Chase, so it needs further review. Anyone else have this? Do these guys approve or deny these types of situations?

Offline Jm1248

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8217 on: June 16, 2015, 01:26:10 AM »
I applied for ink a few weeks ago, denied, called recon they said NO, to many cards, to many inquiries ...I just called again today and she said asked me the income questions and then said She would approve me for $5,000 CL but it had to go to some department because I already have a lot of credit with Chase, so it needs further review. Anyone else have this? Do these guys approve or deny these types of situations?
Didn't she already approve you?

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #8218 on: June 16, 2015, 04:28:45 AM »
Didn't she already approve you?

She has recommended approval . Happened to me once and next dept followed suit and approved .

Offline avadah

• View Profile
« Reply #8219 on: June 16, 2015, 06:17:57 AM »
Happened once to me also. Spent forever on the phone. In the end the next dept declined it and had to huca again to get it approved.