Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2413675 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Thanks to all abusers-Chase new crackdown rules (not confirmed).
« Reply #8280 on: June 18, 2015, 06:16:36 PM »
Plenty? AFAIR there are only two people in the comments who possibly got approved for a Chase branded card despite the 5 card rule, and it's very possible that they didn't have 5 new accounts posted to their credit report when they applied. Anyway DOC says that it's still doable through a banker at your local Chase with 10k in an account, so there is still hope.
1. I applied for 2 people last night and they each got an instant approval and an approval via recon and they both have more than 5.
2. Banker is nonsense.  A banker can recon for you just the same if you apply online. The app is the same. 
No offence to DoC as he does a lot of good work, but I'm surprised after all this time he still hasn't read DDF enough to correct his churning rules. That and some other blatant mistakes make me doubt other stuff he posts.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yochiek93

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8281 on: June 18, 2015, 06:18:34 PM »
More stuff from mms!! he is really ruining it for everyone

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #8282 on: June 18, 2015, 06:28:52 PM »
Today they told me its too many cards in the past 24 months. I only have 2 new cards in 24 months. The rest are AU's on wife's and daughter's. So it seems from my experience that they're applying it even to New AU's.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline rileywiles23

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8283 on: June 18, 2015, 06:47:56 PM »
I don't really follow MMS. Why does everybody hate on him so much ?!
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline lunatic

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8284 on: June 18, 2015, 06:51:45 PM »
Read this thread http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=52946.0

Offline tzifanya54

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8285 on: June 18, 2015, 06:59:39 PM »
Cuz he doesn't shut up, ever!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #8286 on: June 18, 2015, 07:12:50 PM »
Today they told me its too many cards in the past 24 months. I only have 2 new cards in 24 months. The rest are AU's on wife's and daughter's. So it seems from my experience that they're applying it even to New AU's.
So delete them.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Buruch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8287 on: June 18, 2015, 07:20:17 PM »
That takes it off the report?

Anyways, I noticed that across all blogs, this one has the most accurate info on stuff like this. Ddf people definitely push limits (and try to figure out ways to circumvent them) more than any other place besides perhaps FT. I see all the big bloggers posting stuff like "you gotta wait 24 months for chase cards" etc. Even most FT people were only going for like 2 AS cards. There was a thread on the s&f deal on FT and people were like "you mean I can register my au too for the deal?!" or bragging "yeah, you can register your au - I got the deal x6!" Amateurs :)

Offline Tom Brady

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Ritz Platinum
« Reply #8288 on: June 18, 2015, 07:23:05 PM »
1. I applied for 2 people last night and they each got an instant approval and an approval via recon and they both have more than 5.
2. Banker is nonsense.  A banker can recon for you just the same if you apply online. The app is the same. 
No offence to DoC as he does a lot of good work, but I'm surprised after all this time he still hasn't read DDF enough to correct his churning rules. That and some other blatant mistakes make me doubt other stuff he posts.
1. That's awesome! I was saying that I hadn't seen a conclusive report of someone getting approved for a UR card through traditional methods with 5 new cards on their credit report since these new rules kicked in. I'm glad that now I have.
2. Thanks,  good to know it doesn't make a difference if you first make a go at the apps at home.
As far as DOC is concerned,  I was referring to his report that his friends got approved through a Chase banker despite these rules. I mainly value DOC for his facts/data points. I don't take much stock in his assumptions, speculations and recommendations (How can I after he recommended the other day, to use the Freedom for gas next quarter?) :o About his churning rules, I assumed he intentionally hasn't gotten around to correcting them so that he wouldn't get attacked here MMS style as a reason for the abuse. ;) DOC?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8289 on: June 18, 2015, 07:26:37 PM »
Bankers can do the same recon either way, so it's not a valid point.
Anyway, don't poke the bears :P  This stuff has been around since I first wrote about 8 years ago, better to keep it on DDF.

Offline dirah

• View Profile
« Reply #8290 on: June 18, 2015, 07:40:07 PM »
About his churning rules, I assumed he intentionally hasn't gotten around to correcting them so that he wouldn't get attacked here MMS style as a reason for the abuse. ;) DOC?
He is clearly responsible and thoughtful about what he posts and how, and I always chalked up his churning rules to this.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #8291 on: June 18, 2015, 07:42:21 PM »
Looks like the thread name was making some people uncomfortable (too truthful?) so it got merged with this. New crackdown rules are not just a recon issue its a whole new policy-just like AMEX one time personal cc restrictions (which had their own thread). And whether it's official yet or not it's still already causing ripples.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #8292 on: June 18, 2015, 07:44:39 PM »
Should have its own thread.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #8293 on: June 18, 2015, 07:45:14 PM »
Should have its own thread.
I don't know if you're serious-I'm inclined to think not-but whatever your intention your message is right.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #8294 on: June 18, 2015, 07:47:50 PM »
I don't know if you're serious-I'm inclined to think not-but whatever your intention your message is right.
I am 100% serious because this new change has nothing to do with recon. Now we all get to speculate why it was moved.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #8295 on: June 18, 2015, 08:03:51 PM »
I am 100% serious because this new change has nothing to do with recon. Now we all get to speculate why it was moved.
Ok I'm still not 100% sure you're serious  :) but I think the reason it was moved was as I mentioned.

Offline MosheD

• View Profile
« Reply #8296 on: June 18, 2015, 08:05:30 PM »
He is clearly responsible and thoughtful about what he posts and how, and I always chalked up his churning rules to this.
+1
Read through his churning post the other day and credited misinformation as responsible as well.
I kinda credit the lack of 4bm for as on ft to this as well. Those who know what they are doimg on ft dont post it. I think here on ddf we are bh in a position to post more although that is changing...

Offline maxie m

• View Profile
« Reply #8297 on: June 18, 2015, 08:11:39 PM »
+1
Read through his churning post the other day and credited misinformation as responsible as well.
I kinda credit the lack of 4bm for as on ft to this as well. Those who know what they are doimg on ft dont post it. I think here on ddf we are bh in a position to post more although that is changing...
repost
Waiting for the day anonymous sets their cross hairs on mms
Dumb people learn from their own mistakes,smart people,from the mistakes of others

Offline MosheD

• View Profile
« Reply #8298 on: June 18, 2015, 09:02:18 PM »
repost
Waiting for the day anonymous sets their cross hairs on mms
Sorry
Tapatalk did it

Offline luckyluck

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8299 on: June 18, 2015, 10:04:50 PM »
(How can I after he recommended the other day, to use the Freedom for gas next quarter?) :o
Excuse my ignorance but what's better than 5 UR per $ and no AF?