Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374839 times)

Offline Nitantnel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2011, 10:28:57 PM »
Not all who wonder are lost  ;)

Offline abetobee

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2011, 10:36:52 PM »
i applied for freedom, sp and co, got denied, called chase executive spoke with kurt ext 3991. no luck. they seem to have blacklisted me after closing down credit for e/o at my address in jan 2010. seems we had "too much" available credit. chase seems to have it in for us. we have only one card we carry a balance on, and amex just gave me credit lines. so dont know whats up with chase. anyone know where to go with this. thanx

Offline Red

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2011, 03:56:40 AM »
I applied for the sapphire and freedom (2 browsers), I then called a few days later because i didn't take down the app id# and got them without a problem. I then called 888-270-2127 (Application reconsideration) gave them the sapphire id# and was told sorry to many apps at once but your freedom is still pending. I hung up and called 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst reconsideration) and he said your app was JUST RECONSIDERED, I then asked if i can close one of my old chase cards (I have a CO and United that i opened about 4 months ago) he actually sounded angry and said there is nothing i can do for you, you have too many recent chase cards.
Any ideas what my next step should be. Thanx

Offline yakovwogi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA,CO,United,BA,Chase Saphire,National Exec.....
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2011, 08:41:32 AM »
the problem with pending is that if you did a 3bm then the first one or 2 you got approved for is one credit check, and the pending one is checked a day later.
i got denied my last one, so iwalked into a chase bank today and sat down with a banker. told him i want 3 cards to diversify my miles and that if he can make a call or two and get me approved, i would open a checking account on the spot.
he called, i got approved, i walked across the street to citi, took some money out, opened a new checking and got a $125 bonus. whole thing took me an 45min and i got 30k CO miles and $125. not a bad day

Good Move..Well done

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2011, 05:11:13 PM »
After getting a Sapphire and Hyatt approved (Via getting rid of my Freedom and BA, and raising my CL to 11.000 on the way), I reached a wall with my continental App.

Does anyone know if Chase keeps a record of every phone call? After my first continental rejection (where they thanked me only for being on hold...) I called again and was told by the rep: "YOU JUST CALLED T-O-D-A-Y-!!! Yes, she said it in capital.

I tried to explain to her that I have a huge salary, I always pay on time, I am only asking for one more CC than I had earlier as I have another 3000 dollar to my CL, but with no success. I am afraid to call again as they might... I don't know.

Whatta you think???

Yeah I had the same exact problem with my Sapphire Preferred.  I called two different numbers and at the second number (I forget the departments that I called) the guy had the call notes from my previous call.  The guy at the second number was a complete d!ck too and wanted to know why I called 30 minutes after being rejected by the reconsideration department.  I calmly explained that I do a lot of international travelling and wanted the Sapphire Preferred for the CDW.  His response was that I have too much credit with Chase so I asked if we could transfer lines around.  He obliged by moving the line from my UA card to the Sapphire Preferred and closing the UA card.

So if you do call again, I would be sure to mention your company uses CO a lot for business travel and you want the CO card to take advantage of all the benefits that come with the card (free bag, priority boarding, etc).

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2011, 08:56:54 PM »
Here is the question. I have excellent credit close to 780 but my wife has only fair due to a lack of credit history. I want her to get the chase card for fifty thousand points but I am pretty sure they will decline her. Can I after she applies call the reconsideration dept and become a co signer so that she will get the card and the points?

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2011, 09:13:27 PM »
Here is the question. I have excellent credit close to 780 but my wife has only fair due to a lack of credit history. I want her to get the chase card for fifty thousand points but I am pretty sure they will decline her. Can I after she applies call the reconsideration dept and become a co signer so that she will get the card and the points?

Why don't u try piggybacking.?

Offline bubbles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2011, 09:17:30 PM »
i dont know abt amex but chase doesn not they do not count au accounts at all

sounds like piggybacking doesn't really work for chase

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2011, 09:19:52 PM »
sounds like piggybacking doesn't really work for chase

Okay. So it only works for citi?

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2011, 09:20:55 PM »
Okay. So it only works for citi?
I believe so

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2011, 10:19:52 PM »
What's piggybacking? And either way with chase can I guarantee my wife for a card if she gets rejected?

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2011, 09:35:05 AM »
Just got my Chase CO app reconsidered and approved. As I had gotten the UA card and Marriott Rewards card in Jan. and April, the CSR said that she could only shift credit from the UA card and couldn't touch the Marriott credit line...

Anyhow, I got the new CO card, but is it true that the Marriott card credit line I got in April can't be moved around and hence I should hold off a little before applying for a targeted SW 50K offer?

Thanks!

Offline elikay

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2011, 12:20:05 PM »
Not true unless it requires 5k and that's all it has. I just moved credit within 30 days of opening.

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2011, 12:38:26 PM »
@elikay
People have reported being able to move credit away from a card which requires 5k. Apparently once the card is opened with the 5k it can later be moved.

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2011, 12:40:01 PM »
Not true unless it requires 5k and that's all it has. I just moved credit within 30 days of opening.

the card opened in april has a $17,500 line - will that suffice and enable me to go for a chase SW 50K? How long should I hold off before applying?

the new card that was approved was set up with $12,500 and the old one was left with $5k

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2011, 12:46:13 PM »
If I read correctly, you were approved from Chase cards in Jan (UA), Apr (Marriott) and Sep (CO).

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to apply for the SW now and have them take from the Marriott CL (although they may make you completely close a card to get the SW pushed through - ymmv).

2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2011, 01:08:42 PM »
If I read correctly, you were approved from Chase cards in Jan (UA), Apr (Marriott) and Sep (CO).

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to apply for the SW now and have them take from the Marriott CL (although they may make you completely close a card to get the SW pushed through - ymmv).

You're correct. So that being said, I'm willing to sacrifice my old UA which has no benefits for SW 50K, but is there a point in applying for the Hyatt card and/or the premium Marriott card while I'm at it, or is it a waste? Should I wait at all?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2011, 02:23:44 PM »
You're correct. So that being said, I'm willing to sacrifice my old UA which has no benefits for SW 50K, but is there a point in applying for the Hyatt card and/or the premium Marriott card while I'm at it, or is it a waste? Should I wait at all?

Assuming you do a 3bm, the only possible downside is an additional inquiry, though I (along with countless others) have had success with a 3bm to limiting to just one inquiry.

Should I wait at all?

The only advantage I see to waiting is to avoiding one more possible gripe against you by a chase recon rep: 6 month "rule."

If you wait until October to apply, your Apr (and obv Jan) cards will be outside this 6 month window and may make it easier to get another card pushed through at the same time.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2011, 03:43:08 PM »
And even when getting reconsidered from Chase, how many out of the three will they generally put through?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 04:24:39 PM by YudiG »

Offline elikay

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2011, 04:59:03 PM »
@smurf
YMMV but IME more than once, they would not allow it. I got the impression that that is the official rule. Often, they can still circumvent the rules.