Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2399135 times)

Offline Nitantnel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #160 on: October 05, 2011, 02:35:11 PM »
getting them to approve it

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #161 on: October 05, 2011, 02:38:02 PM »
High utilization is a serious red flag when applying for new cards, that's why it always makes sense to put big purchases on business cards, so their balance isn't reported.

...unless its the first cycle with a NPSL card, in which case you'd probably want to put as many charges on there as possible (big and small). (Granted, you wouldn't do that and do an app-o-rama in the same month.)

Your best bet is to pay the balance on the Amex and once Amex reports it again you have Chase pull another report.

+1 -- that's what I meant by Chase not "budging" [without a paydown + new pull].
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Nitantnel

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 05, 2011, 02:39:21 PM »
OK, but the fact that he once had high utilization won't be a strong factor?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #163 on: October 05, 2011, 02:40:34 PM »
OK, but the fact that he once had high utilization won't be a strong factor?

"Once?" The util % resets every month. A paydown + a new pull should do the trick (unless, of course, there is something negative factor as well).
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 05, 2011, 02:42:37 PM »
"Once?" The util % resets every month. A paydown + a new pull should do the trick (unless, of course, there is something negative factor as well).

+1

They can't see historical utilization on a CC, which means they can't actually tell from the report if it's a new balance or if it's an old one that's been carried for a while with only the minimums paid.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Nitantnel

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 05, 2011, 02:45:15 PM »

Are you saying that they don't see that x amount of moths there was 200% utilization once I clean it off? Also, doesn't if affect the Credit score?

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 05, 2011, 02:45:59 PM »
+1

They can't see historical utilization on a CC, which means they can't actually tell from the report if it's a new balance or if it's an old one that's been carried for a while with only the minimums paid.

Would it make a difference if the high utilization is on a card from the same bank that you're applying to?

Offline Nitantnel

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 05, 2011, 02:47:35 PM »
Would it make a difference if the high utilization is on a card from the same bank that you're applying to?

No, this high utl card was from amex.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 05, 2011, 02:48:40 PM »

No, AFIAK.

Offline bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 05, 2011, 02:49:22 PM »
No, this high utl card was from amex.

I wasn't referring to your case in specific.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 05, 2011, 02:49:26 PM »
Are you saying that they don't see that x amount of moths there was 200% utilization once I clean it off? Also, doesn't if affect the Credit score?

That's what I'm saying, AFAIK, that's how it is. Score would adjust for each report based on current info on the report.

Logic dictates that that would be depend on each bank's (internal) policies, which I don't know anything about. The only thing is, that if it's the same bank then they also see your history (but that's not necessarily a good thing).

Offline bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 05, 2011, 02:50:50 PM »
No, AFIAK.

Even if it gets paid off every month and they can see that you're not carrying a balance?

Offline Nitantnel

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 05, 2011, 02:51:26 PM »

Should i wait a month to apply, or 6 moths?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 05, 2011, 02:53:29 PM »
The only thing is, that if it's the same bank then they also see your history (but that's not necessarily a good thing).

They could, (and probably should), but for some reason, when Chase (for example) pulls a credit report, I do not think they look at your historical util %. Just a gut feeling from being on the phone with them many times.

Long enough so that the new (and presumably lower) util % gets reported to the CBs. That would depend, obviously, on your unique statement date, etc.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 05, 2011, 02:55:09 PM »
Even if it gets paid off every month and they can see that you're not carrying a balance?

Theoretically, you could point them to look at the historical util % as an argument - and it's a compelling one to make, IMHO.

But generally speaking, as I mentioned above, my gut is that they do not by default look at historical util %.

Offline bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 05, 2011, 02:56:03 PM »

I had a card almost maxed out that I paid off and I just waited for the lower amount to show up on creditkarma and I had no problems getting instantly approved

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 05, 2011, 02:58:53 PM »
They could, (and probably should), but for some reason, when Chase (for example) pulls a credit report, I do not think they look at your historical util %. Just a gut feeling from being on the phone with them many times.

You're right, the point I was making is that with the same bank they can also see you history if they elect to do so.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 05, 2011, 07:18:09 PM »
+1

Incorrect. The credit report shows the statement balance history and it also shows the payment history.
They can easily tell if the balance was carried or if it was paid in full -- it will show on the cr that last month your balance was $1000 and your payment was only $40.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 05, 2011, 07:25:02 PM »
Incorrect. The credit report shows the statement balance history and it also shows the payment history.

Are you saying that the banks see more than I see when I request my report from the bureau? IIRC on the bureaus report it didn't have any of that.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 05, 2011, 07:32:16 PM »
Are you saying that the banks see more than I see when I request my report from the bureau? IIRC on the bureaus report it didn't have any of that.

My experian report shows all that info. My TU doesn't