Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374731 times)

Offline Nitantnel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #180 on: October 05, 2011, 07:34:09 PM »
My brother Got 3 rejections despite his 15,000 dollar credit line with chase because of this mess-up: he just spent 16,000 dollars on a crad that only has a 8,000 dollar CL.

The rep. wouldn't budge based on that last fact. I called amex and raised that CL to 23,000 dollars, and hopefully most of that debt will be paid off by the end of the month. Any suggestion on pulling any of there cards through? Thanks.

I just want to note that the Recon guy really really grilled me, although we was over all nice about it, here are some of the things he asked:
-Why do you want the card?
-What's the name of your business?
-What exactly does your business do?
-Where do you make the rest of your money from?
-How will you pay off the 16,000 dollar Amex bill? (what kind of account, and who's.)
-How long have you been making the amount of money you reported?
-What did your business make last year, 2010?
-What did your business make last year, 2009?
-Do you have a tax return?
-How did you accumulate the 16,000 dollar debt?

in any event,and after all the replies here, I still have this question: Can I max out my utilization for 10 years, use just one percent for one month, and eliminate all the negative effect or not?

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 05, 2011, 07:34:40 PM »
My experian report shows all that info. My TU doesn't

Hmmm, maybe only one (two?) of the bureaus report this way?

Either way, I doubt the CC issuers even look at that info, if they even see it on their screen. The CC companies probably get the raw data (xml?) from the bureaus, and lay it out in their system however they wish.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 05, 2011, 07:36:39 PM »
I just want to note that the Recon guy really really grilled me, although we was over all nice about it, here are some of the things he asked:
-Why do you want the card?
-What's the name of your business?
-What exactly does your business do?
-Where do you make the rest of your money from?
-How will you pay off the 16,000 dollar Amex bill? (what kind of account, and who's.)
-How long have you been making the amount of money you reported?
-What did your business make last year, 2010?
-What did your business make last year, 2009?
-Do you have a tax return?
-How did you accumulate the 16,000 dollar debt?

in any event,and after all the replies here, I still have this question: Can I max out my utilization for 10 years, use just one percent for one month, and eliminate all the negative effect or not?

You call that grilling? Sounds like the usual drill to me, especially for business apps.

He didn't ask what you plan on using the card for? What kind of purchases and how much per month?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Nitantnel

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2011, 07:45:04 PM »

He didn't ask what you plan on using the card for? What kind of purchases and how much per month?

nope.

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 05, 2011, 07:50:21 PM »
Hmmm, maybe only one (two?) of the bureaus report this way?

Either way, I doubt the CC issuers even look at that info, if they even see it on their screen. The CC companies probably get the raw data (xml?) from the bureaus, and lay it out in their system however they wish.

A few months ago, right before I applied for a chase card, I paid down 3 cards with high balances. When I called recon the rep asked me how I was able to pay down all those balances all at one shot - he wanted to know where I came up with the money from.

Ill try to take a pic and post it.

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 05, 2011, 07:58:51 PM »
You call that grilling? Sounds like the usual drill to me, especially for business apps.

So then how does everyone apply for business cards even if they don't have a business? How do they answer all those questions?

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 05, 2011, 08:10:01 PM »
So then how does everyone apply for business cards even if they don't have a business? How do they answer all those questions?

Make it up? :P

Offline Nitantnel

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 05, 2011, 08:23:50 PM »
Make it up? :P

I would simply say: make it up.

(Without question marks and smileys.) 

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #188 on: October 05, 2011, 11:54:05 PM »
A few months ago, right before I applied for a chase card, I paid down 3 cards with high balances. When I called recon the rep asked me how I was able to pay down all those balances all at one shot - he wanted to know where I came up with the money from.

Ill try to take a pic and post it.

That's truly surprising. And the three cards weren't Chase cards? And, how long before applying did you pay down the balances? Days? Weeks?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline moko

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 06, 2011, 11:54:13 AM »
I tried a new answer for "why do u want the card" (eg: SWA, UA CO Sapphire)
u ever thought about why u offer all the different cards (travel benefits so on and so forth) and sapphire for general spending?
so far worked like a charm usually  "that makes sense" duh ::) ::) ::)

Offline Nitantnel

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 06, 2011, 11:55:32 AM »
I tried a new answer for "why do u want the card" (eg: SWA, UA CO Sapphire)
u ever thought about why u offer all the different cards (travel benefits so on and so forth) and sapphire for general spending?
so far worked like a charm usually  "that makes sense" duh ::) ::) ::)

I like, Great point!

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 06, 2011, 03:33:21 PM »

The potential questions have been discussed plenty of times.  You just need to think of the answers ahead of time if you are asked.

For example...My "business" is "TC610's E-Bay Sales".  I don't have any tax returns because I just started my business a few months ago.  I'm in the business of buying and selling sporting event tickets in the Cleveland area.  I need a $3000 limit because I purchase season ticket packages, however for the Cavs & Indians I am billed in 5 equal installments.

And as for why I'm using amazon payments...Well, I buy/sell tickets on Amazon and make business related payments that way.  I have 2 part time employees that I prefer to pay commissions to using Amazon Payments instead of writing checks and then I make a payment to my credit / charge card a few days after the AP charge posts. (explains my ~$1000/mo Amazon Payments habit).

Is any of that true?  Hell no.  But it got me through a F/R phone interview.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #192 on: October 06, 2011, 03:58:36 PM »
And as for why I'm using amazon payments...Well, I buy/sell tickets on Amazon and make business related payments that way.  I have 2 part time employees that I prefer to pay commissions to using Amazon Payments instead of writing checks and then I make a payment to my credit / charge card a few days after the AP charge posts. (explains my ~$1000/mo Amazon Payments habit).

I'm surprised the CSR didn't as why.

Can you explain why?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline TC610

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 06, 2011, 04:44:50 PM »
I'm surprised the CSR didn't as why.

Can you explain why?

I'm surprised he didn't either.  But if he did...

"I'd prefer to pay my two employees using AP rather than sending checks because their commissions are rather small (less than $500/pp total), and I won't have to mail checks (1-3 days in the mail) and wait for them to cash them (add x amount of days before they're cashed).  The employees would also be getting paid quicker rather than having to wait for a check.  Same thing goes if I happened to buy tickets from others on Amazon.  As a small business owner, I can get a quick financial picture without having to worry about any outstanding checks if I use Amazon Payments.  But I do pay the AMEX a day or two after the AP charge posts."

The last line _is_ true.  If I'm using AP, then I always pay the SPG soon after the charge posts (well...the same day the $$ gets in my checking account). 

Would this answer be acceptable to a CSR?  No idea.  Hopefully I'll never have to find out.

Offline Red

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 06, 2011, 05:11:02 PM »
Is any of that true?  Hell no.  But it got me through a F/R phone interview.
Just a friendly reminder that Yom Kippur is tomorrow night.
Are the points worth it? Answer the question to yourself.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 06, 2011, 06:22:33 PM »
Would this answer be acceptable to a CSR?  No idea.  Hopefully I'll never have to find out.

Sounds exactly like a cash advance...

Offline TC610

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 06, 2011, 09:15:31 PM »
Just a friendly reminder that Yom Kippur is tomorrow night.
Are the points worth it? Answer the question to yourself.

Given that I had to Google what Yom Kippur was....
...you're right in that I'll keep the answer to myself.

Offline TC610

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 06, 2011, 09:18:47 PM »
Sounds exactly like a cash advance...
I suppose it does.  I guess I should find a better explanation.  Or just leave it at "I buy a lot of event tickets and pay for them using Amazon".

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 07, 2011, 10:09:23 AM »
Given that I had to Google what Yom Kippur was....
...you're right in that I'll keep the answer to myself.

Ha!

I suppose it does.  I guess I should find a better explanation.  Or just leave it at "I buy a lot of event tickets and pay for them using Amazon".

That would seem to be better...

Offline Spiffster

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 07, 2011, 08:43:15 PM »
You can never speak in blanket terms, but I have read instances like this, and for some reason (at least with Chase) they seem not to budge.

I personally know someone who had a CL of X and spent 90% of X, then applied for a Chase card. Even though the balance was going to be paid off in full before the next month, the fact that the util % was so high, it was a categorical denial.

Even if it's already paid off, they will still look to the report and not to the current balance.  They'll even admit the report is a month out of date and the current balance is, umm, current.

Sometimes they do seemingly stupid things.