Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374299 times)

Offline YG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #240 on: November 15, 2011, 07:10:01 PM »
Call the other recon number.

I tried the other number thing last week, ans still got rebuked.  "You JUST spoke to someone about this and they told you no!" 
Apparently they share account notes.

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 15, 2011, 07:39:49 PM »
I tried the other number thing last week, ans still got rebuked.  "You JUST spoke to someone about this and they told you no!" 
Apparently they share account notes.

Happened to me too with my first rejection.  I just had to give the second guy a better reason and then he approved me.

Offline YG

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 15, 2011, 07:45:39 PM »
any suggestions offhand, why id want a SW RR premium when i just got approved for a SW RR plus?

they seem pretty much identical except for different yearly fee and renewal bonus.

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 15, 2011, 08:50:38 PM »
I believe premier gives some elite qualifying miles and plus doesn't but I'm not positive

Offline YG

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 15, 2011, 10:18:11 PM »
is there a standard recon deadline, or do i have to call up and ask what it is?

is there some sort of relatively consistent time frame to expect SW miles to post after first spend?

perhaps i can wait till the miles post (plus card should arrive in the next day or two)  then have recon move my credit from the plus to the premiere before its too late.

sound feasible?

Online moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 15, 2011, 11:15:55 PM »
30 days
and theyre pretty strict about it

Offline YG

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 15, 2011, 11:37:18 PM »
thanx moko.

is there any chance my 50k miles for the RR plus - no min spend will post in less than a month of the first purchase? or is it necessarily after the first billing cycle?

Online moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 15, 2011, 11:39:53 PM »
ymmv
I had one of them that posted within 2 weeks another didnt post till i called them 3 times
my sapphire points took about 4 months to post even though i met the threshold within 2 days of receiving the card but my ink bold posted a few days after i got the card
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 11:43:45 PM by moko »

Offline YG

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 16, 2011, 12:04:36 AM »
Thank you much for the input. 
Guess i'll give it a couple weeks, call about the miles if they haven't posted, that will leave me about ten days to work on recon.  if i get the miles, i'll ask to transfer the CL, if not i'll have to try and get creative.

if anyone has other ideas / advice that might be productive, תבוא עליו ברכה!!

Offline asks

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 16, 2011, 09:27:14 AM »
any advice how to get reconsidered when the rejection reason was that income is not enough to cover current obligations (or something to that effect)

can I say I wrote the wrong income/housing expense amounts on the application or is there something else to ask for in order to get approved? Many thanks

Offline dvol

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 16, 2011, 11:22:20 AM »
I did the 2BM with chase freedom and southwest airlines. Got denied for both because of "too may requests for credit or accounts opened with us" - because I got the Chase Sapphire Preferred in June of this year. I called Chase Reconsideration and argued with the woman I spoke to for a bit because she kept telling me there was nothing she could do since I JUST opened the SP. I told her I spoke with a Chase banker (which is true) who had told me I was showing pre-approved status for Chase credit cards...after a few minutes of back and forth she said she sees two apps for Chase c/c and why I applied for both. I told her I applied for Freedom because I have a chase checking account and the SW because I fly with them a lot. She said she could try to see if she could get one of them looked over, which one I would prefer. I said freedom since there's no annual fee so she said she can submit it for a credit review. I asked her why, so she then told me my credit was never even pulled when I applied for the Freedom card since it was automatically denied because I had gotten the SP in June. So to reconsider she would have to do a pull, so I told her to forget the Freedom, and go for the SW. She checked the SP and said I have the maximum credit Chase would give me, $6000. So I asked her if we can move some credit over from there to the SW. She said the minimum for the SP was $5000. So she agreed to try moving over $1000 to the SW. She did, and I got approved for $2000 right away.

Offline YG

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 16, 2011, 12:16:28 PM »
So she agreed to try moving over $1000 to the SW. She did, and I got approved for $2000 right away.

Didint you say she said your ma credit was 6k?
5k ( remaining on SP) + 2k (SW) = 7k?

Also, i just spoke to recon yesterday about taking credit from my SW Plus (5K) to open a SW Premium that was denied b/c of too many recent requests for credit (not from chace - only one from them) and was told the min CL for the SW cards is 5K! They let you open one with 2K?

Offline dvol

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 16, 2011, 12:22:40 PM »
Didint you say she said your ma credit was 6k?
5k ( remaining on SP) + 2k (SW) = 7k?

Also, i just spoke to recon yesterday about taking credit from my SW Plus (5K) to open a SW Premium that was denied b/c of too many recent requests for credit (not from chace - only one from them) and was told the min CL for the SW cards is 5K! They let you open one with 2K?

Yep, she told me she was only going to move over $1000 of my credit and 2 minutes later came back to tell me it came back approved for TWO thousand. I wasn't gonna ask too many questions, just thanked her and hung up.

You might be referring to the SouthWest PREMIER card. I applied for the regular SW card.

Offline YG

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 16, 2011, 12:32:23 PM »
You might be referring to the SouthWest PREMIER card. I applied for the regular SW card.

i have the plus, i want the premiere, he said he cant take any credit from the plus becuase it cant go below 5k, without even mentioning the min. for the premiere.

guess ill have to try again.....

Offline YG

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 16, 2011, 01:14:06 PM »
she said i can reduce the CL of the RR plus to be less than 5k, but to to that is has to be downgraded from visa signature, and there's still no guarantee that ill be approved for the premiere, and that I wont get the bonuses for the Plus because it wont be a signature.

sound legit?

Offline asks

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2011, 04:42:29 PM »
any advice how to get reconsidered when the rejection reason was that income is not enough to cover current obligations (or something to that effect)

can I say I wrote the wrong income/housing expense amounts on the application or is there something else to ask for in order to get approved? Many thanks
any ideas on this one?

Offline 123ablack

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 16, 2011, 04:57:12 PM »

If you have other Chase cards try to have them move some credit lines
(your luck can be pending on the minimum credit line required for that particular card you're trying to have reconsidered)

If you can't play around with the credit lines and your spouse is employed too, tell them you didn't include his/her income in the annual income. provide your spouse's annual income and that should raise the total HOUSEHOLD annual income (which should count).

Good Luck!!

Offline asks

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 16, 2011, 05:00:17 PM »

If you have other Chase cards try to have them move some credit lines
(your luck can be pending on the minimum credit line required for that particular card you're trying to have reconsidered)

If you can't play around with the credit lines and your spouse is employed too, tell them you didn't include his/her income in the annual income. provide your spouse's annual income and that should raise the total HOUSEHOLD annual income (which should count).

Good Luck!!

good idea, will try that.  But, would they care about *household* income, since the card would not be held jointly?

Offline 123ablack

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 16, 2011, 05:07:37 PM »

good idea, will try that.  But, would they care about *household* income, since the card would not be held jointly?

IIRC, Chase would take that into count

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #259 on: November 16, 2011, 06:52:47 PM »

According to a new law that was passed, they shouldn't. But as a matter of fact, they still do.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper