Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2397156 times)

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #340 on: November 29, 2011, 01:56:48 PM »
I was approved for SW RR Plus and denied for SW RR premiere.  wasnt a 2bm.  separate applications unfortunately.

I had also been approved for two citi AAdvantage and a delta amex gold in the two weeks prior.

The original denial letter said:
"Too many requests were made for new credit
Too many requests for new credit"

I called recon and was told that the 5k limit on the first card is the absolute max chase will give me at this time.
The leter i got in response to this call said  that the reasons were:
"Too many active acounts or too much available credit
you already have the maximum amount of credit we can offer you"

I called recon a second time (credit analyst) and was told again that i cant get approved for more than 5k.  the letter i got in response to the second call said:
"few revolving accounts opened long enough to establish credit history
Not enough accounts opened long enough to establish a credit history"

On the second phone call I was politely informed that the rep was aware that i had called re this issue the day before.

if i was told both times that thres no way i can get an increased credit line, but every letter cited different reasons for the denial, is there any point in me continuing to call and trying the same thing?

Intersting -- I had a similar question.  I did a 3bm for my wife who has nothing on her credit report other than being an au on my cards.  I applied for CO, UA, and SP.  Called recon right away and got approved for SP but was told they couldn't give any more credit because of my thin credit file.  I called again and got the same response.

Keep trying?
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 29, 2011, 03:50:07 PM »
I was approved for SW RR Plus and denied for SW if i was told both times that thres no way i can get an increased credit line, but every letter cited different reasons for the denial, is there any point in me continuing to call and trying the same thing?

Keep trying?

If you guys have good credit, decent income reported on your applications, and have existing credit with Chase to transfer (or close cards if necessary), I'd say you should definitely keep trying, you don't have to call every day though :P
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline clownaparte

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #342 on: November 29, 2011, 05:22:42 PM »
I'm not sure: a "world's best banker" mug sounds cheesy, a nice pen too manly. What would you suggest?

A check with "happy Chanukah" written in the memo field? (I'll leave the other fields up to you!)

Seriously, that's what we do every year with our personal banker (located in manhattan, so we mail it) as well as our branch president/vice president...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #343 on: November 29, 2011, 05:41:04 PM »
A check with "happy Chanukah" written in the memo field? (I'll leave the other fields up to you!)

Seriously, that's what we do every year with our personal banker (located in manhattan, so we mail it) as well as our branch president/vice president...
Sounds tacky to me, but to each their own.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 29, 2011, 05:43:18 PM »
Sounds tacky to me, but to each their own.

+1

I much prefer the chocolates idea.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Shmelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: December 01, 2011, 03:02:56 PM »
My wife who has only fair credit applied for Slate (0% with free BTs) and was denied. In a case where you don't have a different Chase card to move CL over from, what sort of argument can you use with recon?
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Online smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 01, 2011, 03:06:46 PM »
My wife who has only fair credit applied for Slate (0% with free BTs) and was denied. In a case where you don't have a different Chase card to move CL over from, what sort of argument can you use with recon?
Why apply for the Slate???

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #347 on: December 01, 2011, 03:08:40 PM »

2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 01, 2011, 03:09:41 PM »

Probably for the 0% and free BTs? :)

Online smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 01, 2011, 03:16:53 PM »
Probably for the 0% and free BTs? :)
I'm so one track minded these days all CC's most have some big signup bonuses, i forgot that people actually sign up for the CL itself.

Offline shach

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 01, 2011, 03:30:17 PM »
If you guys have good credit, decent income reported on your applications, and have existing credit with Chase to transfer (or close cards if necessary), I'd say you should definitely keep trying, you don't have to call every day though :P
called and asked them to transfer credit from another card/close acct., i was put on hold and the rep came back saying he had to pull my credit again...and of course they still said no.
next time ask before you pull my credit again :(

Offline Shmelly

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 01, 2011, 03:52:48 PM »
I thought by law they need your consent?
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline TC610

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 01, 2011, 04:09:33 PM »
called and asked them to transfer credit from another card/close acct., i was put on hold and the rep came back saying he had to pull my credit again...and of course they still said no.

Are you sure it resulted in a hard pull?  I've been through recon 5 times in the last 9 months and regardless of what the rep told me, it never resulted in another hard pull.

Offline Mordy788

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 01, 2011, 06:01:23 PM »
I was targeted by CO for a credit card, 40,000 Points after first purchase. I applied and was denied. I have 3 other open credit cards with chase. I never called the reconsideration department before. What should I ask them to do?

Thanks.
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. –Wayne Gretzky

Offline joeb1

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
« Reply #354 on: December 01, 2011, 06:10:14 PM »
ask them to reconsider it....volunteer to move over some existing credit from the other 3 to open this one or if they really give u a hard time offer to close one of those cards and move that existing crdit to this one to open it up. Be sure to have a good reason u are opening this new card as they probably will ask u that question.

Offline Mordy788

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 01, 2011, 06:25:06 PM »
How about paying my college tuition and getting those 40,000 points? Funny thing is I just got a targeted email for the same card and 50,000 points.

Offline joeb1

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
« Reply #356 on: December 01, 2011, 07:40:13 PM »
How about paying my college tuition and getting those 40,000 points? Funny thing is I just got a targeted email for the same card and 50,000 points.

anyway to copy the link for that app and post it here?

Offline Mordy788

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 01, 2011, 08:08:24 PM »
The link takes you to a app page with my info. Email came with an invitation number.

Offline shach

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 01, 2011, 11:50:37 PM »
Are you sure it resulted in a hard pull?  I've been through recon 5 times in the last 9 months and regardless of what the rep told me, it never resulted in another hard pull.
i got another letter in the mail with a slight different reason for being declined. looks like a hard pull to me
I thought by law they need your consent?
can a/o confirm/deny such a "law"?

Offline TC610

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 02, 2011, 05:14:52 PM »
You guys rock.  Thanks to the useful comments in this thread, I got all 3 Chase cards pushed through with the help of recon.

Background: About a month ago I did a 3BM for UA/SW/Freedom.  All 3 were pending and then I got the denial letter:  "Too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us".  At the time, I had 4 open credit cards with Chase.

Called recon for the UA.  Got it approved by explaining that I live in a city with a UA hublet and do most of my flying with them.  The rep was okay with that, but I had to shift around $2k in CL from my other cards to get this opened.  Approved.

Seven days later I called recon for the SW card.  The rep explained I do have too many accounts with them and the only way to approve it is by closing another card.  I said "sure, but can you transfer the full credit line over to the new card."?  No problem.  Closed the unused Hyatt card and got the SW card approved. 

Seven days after that, I called to get the Freedom card approved.  The rep pretty much told me there's no way I'll be able to get another card opened because of way too many new accounts opened.  Fine.  Three days later I called the Credit Analyst recon line.  Explained my situation, why I have each card, and that I just opened a Chase Checking account and am interested in a card for every day spending to go along with the bonuses of having Freedom + Checking.  I also mentioned that I'm not looking for additional credit.  We were able to move around $5k of my CL from other cards to get this opened.

Thanks again everyone for the suggestions you've posted in this thread.